• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Fraxinus

Fraxinus

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, Texas USA

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:21 AM

Thanks to Katie and Steve for morphing the conference to include the ensembles. I have never had the opportunity to participate in any structured group performance before. It was a tremendous learning experience for me ... counting time, keeping my place in the sheet music ... and chuckling with my fellow "Guitar #3" partners as we got a little bit better after each rehearsal run-through.

I think the ensembles and the jumbo tron screen were superb additions.

Thanks again.
... Jack

#2 Steve Krenz

Steve Krenz

Author: Gibson's Learn & Master Guitar

• Administrators
  • 5,779 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:33 PM

Thank you Katie for putting that all together. It was such a sweet sound with all of those guitars playing the Canon in D with the various parts.

Thank you for your efforts to make this conference a success. I know we didn't get to all of the ideas that we both had, but we will do it better and smarter next year.

Thank you again for all of your work and committment to these wonderful people.

You are one of the main reasons the Guitar Gathering is a success.

- Steve Krenz

CHECK OUT OUR NEW GUITAR FORUM AT GUITARGATHERING.COM/COMMUNITY

Making the world a better place - one guitar player at a time.
If playing guitar were easy, everyone would do it. That's why it will always be easier to own an iPod than a Grammy.

SteveKrenz.com
Twitter | Facebook | Guitar Blog

#3 kt6strings

kt6strings

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:39 AM

Kudos and thanks to the Pachelbel Canon 11 for all your hard work and practice--we sounded good! We also experienced performing, and had fun in the process.

And a big thank you to Steve K for arranging and transcribing the music for us, which made things much easier.

We didn't have time for the "folk" component we'd planned, but maybe next year.

#4 kt6strings

kt6strings

• Members
  • 600 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:33 PM

We sounded pretty darned good yesterday, and Pachelbel's Canon will never be the same!

But there's always room for improvement, so the Classical ensemble will practice again at 12:45 p.m. on Saturday. Let's meet in the Pennington room.

If you signed up previously but didn't make it to our first practice, it's not too late--join us! We especially need the people assigned to part 3.

Thanks,
kt

#5 kt6strings

kt6strings

• Members
  • 600 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:54 PM

Hi, Joe~

No, you haven't missed it. We are just a little s-l-o-o-w.

Will try to hurry it up a little.

~kt

#6 JoeD

JoeD

Fat Fingers

• Members
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:37 AM

Hi Steve,
I see that you've put out the music and written notation for the Jazz Ensemble, but I haven't seen anything for the Classical / Folk Ensemble.
Have you put it out yet?
It takes me a very long time to learn anything on this piece of wood and need all the time I can get. Maybe it's out and I missed it?
Thanks,
Joe
Fat Fingers Joe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users