10 replies to this topic

#1 Eracer_Team -DougH

Eracer_Team -DougH

More Gear than Playing Tallent

• Validating
  • 7,239 posts
  • Locationhere and there

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:15 PM

Well Steve posted the details of Nashville Nights 2010.. we're sure hoping to try for Nashville.

I've told the music group that Footloose in Nov is it and I'm not working Joseph in the spring..
One can only hope for Nashville..
It doesn't conflict with my normal July holidays with the family right now.. so.. + + + + +
Eracer_Team (DougH)
Eracer_Team Reverb-Nation Music Site
Eracer_Team Sound-Cloud Music Site

Words of Guitar Wisdom from Steve Krenz

LMG Live Lesson Archive

Access MikeM's LMG Yahoo group here: Mike's Yahoo LMG Support Group Site with Special Group Member Downloads
There are courses corrections of the original manual, charts, music, and guitar pro settings

Download LMG Manual's and Other Useful LMG Files Click Here

Sessions "somewhere between Sessions 8, 9 and 11"

#2 J45

J45

• Members
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationVirginia USA

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:08 PM

Well Eracer, you made up your mind to look locally for what you want or is a trip to Nashville in the immediate future.
Greg
Gibson J45 Custom, Larrivee L-03R Acoustic; Fender American Standard Strat; Fender Blacktop Tele; Fender 52' Vintage Hot Rod Tele; Fender Super Sonic 22; Fender Mustang II Amp; Ultrasound AG-30 Acoustic Amp; Roland RD-700NX Digital Piano; Nikon D7000 DSLR

May You Be In Heaven A Half Hour Before The Devil Knows You're Dead...

#3 Resurrected

Resurrected

Grumpy Old Git

• Members
  • 4,348 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands, United Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:43 AM

Come and buy in the UK where you can all join us paying our celebrated 15% VAT (value added tax). Normally it is 17.5% but our wonderful chancellor of the exchequer dropped it to boost the economy!!!

I'm still trying to work out what value it adds for me :?
http://www.re-warwick.co.uk/

Morality is doing right, no matter what you are told.
Religion is doing what you are told, no matter what is right - H. L. Mencken

The blues are the roots; Everything else is the fruits.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

#4 John B

John B

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • LocationVermont, USA

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:02 AM

I guess I'm spoiled with a 6% sales tax in Vermont. It could be better though since some states like New Hampshire do not have a sales tax. Tied, I know what you mean about the free shipping. Whenever I order from Amazon.com I always get the total above $25 to get the free shipping. :)
John B
Repeating course with Bonus DVD's

#5 Eracer_Team -DougH

Eracer_Team -DougH

• Validating
  • 7,239 posts
  • Locationhere and there

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:10 PM

One thought is if I can make the pilgrimage to the LMG days..
It might be better to hold off buying and see what is in store down there.
Thought there would be a number of small shops that might carry half decent used for a half decent price.
But only 1 reply on Guitar Center

Sav’s right the “harmonized” tax of 12% is loads of fun..
But try and ship something from Musician’s Friend web site to Canada.. you’ll find out that they’re not your friend in the shipping department at all.

I’m almost tempted to head to wards a Carvin and they apparently pay the custom brokerage charges too.
Eracer_Team (DougH)

LMG Live Lesson Archive

Access MikeM's LMG Yahoo group here: Mike's Yahoo LMG Support Group Site with Special Group Member Downloads
There are courses corrections of the original manual, charts, music, and guitar pro settings

#6 Tied

Tied

• Members
  • 6,766 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:57 PM

[quote]Funny, in response to Doug's quiry, I checked www.kijiji.ca and found a couple of Les Paul Standards in the Toronto area for less than the $2,200 that he quoted.

Then I thought, "Hey, why don't I check kijiji and Craig's List in Nashville and Memphis?" So I did, and there was nothing in either except a [b]Les Paul Robot, said to be in perfect unplayed condition, in Memphis, asking $1,650[/b]. I was certain that there'd be dozens on offer in those places. Who wudda' thunk? :?

Dan M.[/quote]

I saw a couple of LP Robots go for about $1200 on da' Bay a week or so ago. Sound-wise, wouldn't they be on a par with the Standard LP's? Price-wise, wouldn't it be better to get a close-out Robot?
For all that is holy, CHANGE YOUR STRINGS!
Posted Image
My gnome doesn't lie. S-12

#7 DanMoyer

DanMoyer

• Members
  • 3,108 posts
  • LocationWelland, Ontario, Canuckistan

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:39 PM

Funny, in response to Doug's quiry, I checked www.kijiji.ca and found a couple of Les Paul Standards in the Toronto area for less than the $2,200 that he quoted.

Then I thought, "Hey, why don't I check kijiji and Craig's List in Nashville and Memphis?" So I did, and there was nothing in either except a Les Paul Robot, said to be in perfect unplayed condition, in Memphis, asking $1,650. I was certain that there'd be dozens on offer in those places. Who wudda' thunk? :?

Dan M.

Epi Les Paul Custom Plus LE, Epi Masterbilt EF500RANS, Epi Emperor Swingster, Hagstrom HJ600, Fender MIM Strat , Schecter "Diamond C-4 Elite" bass, Epi DR-100, Epi Blues Custom 30, Weber MASS-50, Crate GTD15R, Yamaha KX-61, Lexicon Omega, JamVOX, TASCAM DP 008.

Sitting at S4-5. Progress impeded by painful arthritic left thumb.

#8 Tied

Tied

• Members
  • 6,766 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:32 PM

[color=blue][Rant][/color]
I hate paying sales tax. I also hate paying shipping costs for low priced items.

So yesterday I ordered a .02mF capacitor for an electronics project I'm working on. I ordered it over the Internet to save running around town, so I got it without sales tax. But I still faced the shipping cost.

So what did I do? I ordered another $97 worth of "stuff" off my "[i]customer wish list[/i]" so I would qualify for free shipping on a $2 part. :roll: Granted, it was all stuff I wanted or would eventually need, but not next week.

Moments ago I got a "shipping advice" from the seller. The nine little items I ended up ordering (some of which were on sale, anyway) are coming to me in no less than [b]THREE SEPARATE UPS SHIPMENTS[/b]. I can understand [i][b]why[/b][/i], because a couple are either large-sized or heavier-than-normal.

But, from my UPS-shipping experience, even with a sweetheart contract with UPS, that has got to be costing the seller at least $30. So what would have cost me about $140 with tax and shipping, only cost me $99, a 29% savings. But, hey, I just needed a $2 part to begin with :!:
[color=blue][/Rant][/color]
For all that is holy, CHANGE YOUR STRINGS!
Posted Image
My gnome doesn't lie. S-12

#9 savage8190

savage8190

• Members
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:22 PM

[quote]Watch out for the TN sales tax though. It is 9.25%![/quote]

Better than the 12% I'm paying. I think Eracer is in the same boat in Toronto.
"I only get concerned about money when the electricity goes out. Then you have to do acoustic records."

"...It`s not so much how good a player you are, it`s how cool you are".

- Slash

#10 John B

John B

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • LocationVermont, USA

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:17 PM

Great deals can be found in Nashville! I bought my American Black strat at the Guitar Center in Nashville last year for $770. It was a year old and hardly used. It still had some of the plastic on the pick guard around the phillips head screws. The salesperson also gave me a new Fender hardshell case to go with it. I love this guitar. I brought it to Nashville this year and had Greg Voros set it up. You can see me playing it on the left. The Guitar Center in Nashville is huge and there were a lot of good deals on used guitars. I would definitely go there if you are in town. Watch out for the TN sales tax though. It is 9.25%!
John B
Repeating course with Bonus DVD's

#11 Eracer_Team -DougH

Eracer_Team -DougH

• Validating
  • 7,239 posts
  • Locationhere and there

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:20 PM

Ok all you LMG'ers from the Legacy Day's...

What kind of deals did you find in Nashville...
I'm still looking for a Gibson Les Paul Traditional and Toronto's used market is about $2200...

So I'm interested in prices you guys saw down there.
Eracer_Team (DougH)

LMG Live Lesson Archive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users