• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 John B

John B

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • LocationVermont, USA

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:19 AM

I like your delta's Katie! We had a whiteboard last year and it was a nice way to communicate with everyone. Also, I had to leave at 11am on Sunday to catch my flight home and missed the group photo at the cookout. :cry: I would have liked to have been in it.
John B
Repeating course with Bonus DVD's

#22 kt6strings

kt6strings

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:38 AM

:) Pluses - 1) Steve, Greg Voros, and all the musical guests, who were thoroughly charming, gracious, knowledgable, talented and yet down-to-earth. 2) The helpful and friendly Legacy staff. 3) I liked how the musical guests came from a variety of genres/styles. 4) All the scheduled guitar and social events were fabulous and/or worthwhile...not a dud in the bunch. 5) The Gaylord Resort had a very nice path for running/walking. Also, it was fun just to walk around inside the resort and hotel complex and be astonished at the grandeur. 6) The complimentary photo and magazine from Acoustic Guitar were very nice touches. 7) The Sukho Thai Restaurant near the hotel was surprisingly good. 8) and 8-- Thanks for the great weather! Please arrange that again next year!

:idea: Delta - 1) Set up a flip chart or a whiteboard at the front of the conference room which attendees could use to communicate with each other (e.g., "Let's jam in the hospitality suite at 8:00 tonight" or "All those who want to go to dinner at ____ tonight meet in lobby at 5:30", etc. etc.). 2) I wish the fitness center at the hotel had not been out of service. 3) I wish the pool had longer hours. 4) It would be nice to have a list of "things to do" or "places to eat" in the area. 5) Schedule a group picture earlier, before folks start to leave.

#23 Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady

• Members
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, Scotland

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:00 PM

[quote]Hi Adele,

I agree, earlier is always better but not much room for improvement in this case. I guess the perfect arrangement might be to establish the same time period every year like the 2nd or 3rd Thursday through Sunday of July. This was LMG's first run at organizing the whole event & it was a home run. I would imagine that, after running a couple of these and receiving feedback from LMG members they'll have it running like a well oiled machine.

I would say for me, the biggest disappointment was not meeting you there. Your message & number at the student showcase was great & well received. :D

Regards,

Tom[/quote]

I agree the same time period each year would be best and if they did it around CAAS that may suit more people?
I know that when Mike and I arranged the first one we shot for Labour Day weekend as we thought it might be easier for people because of the extra day but you learn by experience.
Thanks about the song, it was something I suggested to Steve about two or three weeks before the Gathering as I couldn't be with you guys this year and he liked the idea so that's how I got to have the song played. Thought the intro would help people who had not met me understand why it was in the showcase. I am very glad it was well received.

Hope to see you next year Tom.

Adele
Adele

"Fear is that little room where negatives are developed" - Michael Pritchard

Finished the course and now teach it.

http://www.reverbnat...om/celticshadow

http://www.reverbnat...x/artist_412374

#24 Stargazer55

Stargazer55

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  • LocationEastern, PA

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:47 PM

Hi Adele,

I agree, earlier is always better but not much room for improvement in this case. I guess the perfect arrangement might be to establish the same time period every year like the 2nd or 3rd Thursday through Sunday of July. This was LMG's first run at organizing the whole event & it was a home run. I would imagine that, after running a couple of these and receiving feedback from LMG members they'll have it running like a well oiled machine.

I would say for me, the biggest disappointment was not meeting you there. Your message & number at the student showcase was great & well received. :D

Regards,

Tom

#25 Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady

• Members
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:16 PM

I accept that 9 months is plenty time to plan for you guys in the US and would probably be enough for us here in the UK but if it was sooner it would be better.
Anyway we shall just have to wait and see, what happens.
Adele

#26 Stargazer55

Stargazer55

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  • LocationEastern, PA

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:01 PM

John,

+1 You took the words out of my mouth. I don't know how it could be improved significantly as I would give every area a 10 also. 9 months was plenty of time to plan. I think Steve has some ideas already though.

Probably on minor communication areas such as coordinating drivers & parking invoices for the Ryman and doubling the room size for master classes or getting another pro to assist in teaching as just about everyone attended every class even though 8 or 9 folks were signed up.

The conundrum is how to accomodate a growing LMG community without losing the personal attention that makes the exprerience what it is. Steve really pulled it off. Every single one of the guest instructor/performers showed a genuine desire and happiness to impart their knowledge and be a part of our experience. I'm sure that, as each event unwinds, Steve & the LMG folks will hone it to the point where it will only need a little tweaking (it would seem that that's all that's needed now.)

There's something else that was no small part of the event's success. The comradeship shared by our fellow LMG mates was fantastic. I'm looking forward to next year. :D

Tom

#27 John B

John B

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • LocationVermont, USA

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:49 PM

Just praise from me for this years Gathering. It exceeded all of my expectations and wildest dreams. If I filled out a survey it would get a 10 out of 10 in all categories. Steve and Legacy did an outstanding and monumental job. I cannot think of anything to improve. I don't know how they could top this year. I thought it was that good. I looked back through the original thread and Steve announced the dates for this year on Oct 8, 2008. That's over 9 months ahead of time. I booked my flight in December and got a really good rate. :D
John B
Repeating course with Bonus DVD's

#28 Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady

• Members
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:17 PM

Hi Kt

Yes definitely advance notification of dates as soon as possible for planning purposes and to get cheapest flights. That way I might be able to make it next year.
It would also enable us to investigate possibilities of coming earlier or staying later and then some of us could arrange things to do or see before the Legacy days kicked off.

Adele
Adele

#29 kt6strings

kt6strings

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:59 PM

Legacy Days Guitar Gathering 2009 was guitar-velous, and beyond all my expectations, but there's always room for improvement, right?

So this topic is dedicated to collecting feedback about the Gathering, a centralized location for you to post your thoughts about what went great (the pluses :) ) and what things could be improved (the deltas :idea: ). For example, I see that some people would like to have more advance notice of the dates of the event, so they can get the best airfares. And some people would like the Gathering to begin immediately after the Chet Atkins Appreciation event, so they can attend both.

Our feedback may help Legacy and others in planning for next year, so please post your comments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users