• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 J45

J45

• Members
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationVirginia USA

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:44 AM

Thanks Adele & Res. I'll keep an eye open on this forum to find out whats what. Thanks again, hope to see you both at next years gathering.
Greg
Gibson J45 Custom, Larrivee L-03R Acoustic; Fender American Standard Strat; Fender Blacktop Tele; Fender 52' Vintage Hot Rod Tele; Fender Super Sonic 22; Fender Mustang II Amp; Ultrasound AG-30 Acoustic Amp; Roland RD-700NX Digital Piano; Nikon D7000 DSLR

May You Be In Heaven A Half Hour Before The Devil Knows You're Dead...

#2 Resurrected

Resurrected

Grumpy Old Git

• Members
  • 4,348 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands, United Kingdom

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:31 AM

[quote][quote]Hey Adele question for you since you've already attended one of these gatherings. I take it Legacy charges you a certain amount to attend. Do they also take care of hotel reservations or is that left up to the individual. What else comes with the registration fee & what else do I have to pay for besides my meals & transportation. I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row before next years event. Getting all excited already never been to Nashville before. Thanks![/quote]

Actually, I can't really answer your question as I didn't go to this years but I think the registration fee covered things like the workshops, Muriels guitar night and other bits and bobs. Best to ask someone who was there this year.
As for hotels my understanding is that you have to book direct with the hotel, which was the same as last year. Aalthough we took a block reservation to get a good rate. Last year we didn't charge for attendance but we didn't have anywhere near as much organized as this year.
Remember it was MikeM and myself who organized it all.

Best bet is to read all the info that is in the 2009 gathering forum etc.

Hope to see you there in 2010

Adele[/quote]

In 2008 when Adele & Mike organised the first LMG meeting they organised a discount rate with a certain hotel. People attending booked direct with that hotel quoting they were attending the LMG event.

I believe this year Legacy did the same for the hotel booking. You rang the hotel in question & quoted Legacy for the rate negotiated. That said, although I did not attend I went to the hotel that Legacy arranged a preferential rate with, put in the dates and got a better rate.

The moral? Always check for yourself :) .

#3 Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady

• Members
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, Scotland

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:20 PM

[quote]Hey Adele question for you since you've already attended one of these gatherings. I take it Legacy charges you a certain amount to attend. Do they also take care of hotel reservations or is that left up to the individual. What else comes with the registration fee & what else do I have to pay for besides my meals & transportation. I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row before next years event. Getting all excited already never been to Nashville before. Thanks![/quote]

Actually, I can't really answer your question as I didn't go to this years but I think the registration fee covered things like the workshops, Muriels guitar night and other bits and bobs. Best to ask someone who was there this year.
As for hotels my understanding is that you have to book direct with the hotel, which was the same as last year. Aalthough we took a block reservation to get a good rate. Last year we didn't charge for attendance but we didn't have anywhere near as much organized as this year.
Remember it was MikeM and myself who organized it all.

Best bet is to read all the info that is in the 2009 gathering forum etc.

Hope to see you there in 2010

Adele
Adele

"Fear is that little room where negatives are developed" - Michael Pritchard

Finished the course and now teach it.

http://www.reverbnat...om/celticshadow

http://www.reverbnat...x/artist_412374

#4 Lacks Focus

Lacks Focus

• Members
  • 3,027 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:17 PM

[quote]Hey Adele question for you since you've already attended one of these gatherings. I take it Legacy charges you a certain amount to attend. Do they also take care of hotel reservations or is that left up to the individual. What else comes with the registration fee & what else do I have to pay for besides my meals & transportation. I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row before next years event. Getting all excited already never been to Nashville before. Thanks![/quote]

With all the other logistical headaches involved in arranging for space, scheduling activities and performers/instructors, and all the little miscellaneous stuff that goes along with it, I'd be [i]very[/i] surprised if Legacy included any lodging. I'd think the best we might hope for is for them to take a headcount and arrange with one or more hotels to reserve blocks of rooms. Actually making the reservations and paying for the rooms would probably be up to us individually.

Of course I could be wrong, too. We can always hope so, anyway. ;)
Craig in Indy

#5 J45

J45

• Members
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationVirginia USA

Posted 19 September 2009 - 07:52 PM

Hey Adele question for you since you've already attended one of these gatherings. I take it Legacy charges you a certain amount to attend. Do they also take care of hotel reservations or is that left up to the individual. What else comes with the registration fee & what else do I have to pay for besides my meals & transportation. I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row before next years event. Getting all excited already never been to Nashville before. Thanks!
Greg
Gibson J45 Custom, Larrivee L-03R Acoustic; Fender American Standard Strat; Fender Blacktop Tele; Fender 52' Vintage Hot Rod Tele; Fender Super Sonic 22; Fender Mustang II Amp; Ultrasound AG-30 Acoustic Amp; Roland RD-700NX Digital Piano; Nikon D7000 DSLR

#6 Lacks Focus

Lacks Focus

• Members
  • 3,027 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:46 PM

Thanks for that link, Adele. That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for.

Now I need to really plow through the course material so I can justify attending 2010 to my wife. ;)
Craig in Indy

#7 Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady

• Members
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:47 PM

[quote]Thanks much for the link Adele. I haven't attended one of these gatherings yet but was also interested in just what it entails. Now I know what I've been missing. Will defintely be attending next years gathering with my wife Brenda. Thanks again![/quote]

Glad I could help Greg, and hopefully we will both be there next year?

Take care

Adele
Adele

#8 J45

J45

• Members
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationVirginia USA

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:11 PM

Thanks much for the link Adele. I haven't attended one of these gatherings yet but was also interested in just what it entails. Now I know what I've been missing. Will defintely be attending next years gathering with my wife Brenda. Thanks again!
Greg

#9 Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady

• Members
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:01 PM

[quote]I signed on to the program after this year's gathering, and while the photos that are up are cool and make it look like everyone had a blast, I can't find any other info about it. You know, how long it was, what it was all about, what sessions was it broken out into, were there workshops or just all-day jams, that kind of thing.

I already want to come to 2010, but knowing those sorts of details would make me want to even more. Is there someplace where I can find answers to those sorts of questions?[/quote]

Craig here is the link to the post Steve made with the itinerary for this years Gathering.

http://community.leg...opic.php?t=6426

There is also a link on the community home page I believe.

Hope this info helps?

Adele
Adele

#10 Lacks Focus

Lacks Focus

• Members
  • 3,027 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:38 PM

I signed on to the program after this year's gathering, and while the photos that are up are cool and make it look like everyone had a blast, I can't find any other info about it. You know, how long it was, what it was all about, what sessions was it broken out into, were there workshops or just all-day jams, that kind of thing.

I already want to come to 2010, but knowing those sorts of details would make me want to even more. Is there someplace where I can find answers to those sorts of questions?
Craig in Indy

#11 Eracer_Team -DougH

Eracer_Team -DougH

More Gear than Playing Tallent

• Validating
  • 7,239 posts
  • Locationhere and there

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:48 PM

I think I heard the voice of Gabriel..
"come to Legacy Days,,, come to Legacy Days..."

There is always hope.
Eracer_Team (DougH)
Eracer_Team Reverb-Nation Music Site
Eracer_Team Sound-Cloud Music Site

Words of Guitar Wisdom from Steve Krenz

LMG Live Lesson Archive

Access MikeM's LMG Yahoo group here: Mike's Yahoo LMG Support Group Site with Special Group Member Downloads
There are courses corrections of the original manual, charts, music, and guitar pro settings

Download LMG Manual's and Other Useful LMG Files Click Here

Sessions "somewhere between Sessions 8, 9 and 11"

#12 garnold

garnold

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:16 PM

I really want to make the 2010 event. Once this date is set will there be a mailer sent out? I'd like to book this ASAP so I don't miss it. I was kind of bumming that I did not get to hang out with my guitar friends in 2009 so 2010 is a must!

#13 J45

J45

• Members
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationVirginia USA

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:10 PM

Ah come on Gabe, maybe a hint!!
Greg

#14 John B

John B

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • LocationVermont, USA

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:37 PM

Thanks for the update Gabe. Legacy did a great job this year and will be hard to top next year. Thanks for all that you did to make it such a success. I look forward to next year! :D
John B
Repeating course with Bonus DVD's

#15 sactoross

sactoross

• Members
  • 472 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:23 AM

Oh Man, Now I really have to make sure I get there next year [img]http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/images/smilies/set5_b/drool5.gif[/img]
Ross

“He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our People, and eat out their substance.” – Declaration of Independence, 1776

#16 legacy_ceo

legacy_ceo

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:11 AM

Hey all. I'm so glad so many of you are already excited about next year. While I understand the benefit of having the date set well in advance, we will not officially set the dates for several months. One reason for this is to wait until major Nashville events are scheduled so we know what we can coordinate with and what we need to avoid. Nashville is a wonderful tourist town with many great events, but some of them create logistical problems that make hotel rooms and other services hard to come by. Hosting it during NAMM created difficulties as well, since many of our staff members had to try to be in two places at once. Rest assured, there will be wonderful special guests for you regardless of the date chosen.

The other reason is that we need time to plan. As you know, we made a lot of changes to Legacy Days this year, hopefully to improve it. We want to do that again. We need time to regroup, reevaluate, and look for new ways to deliver another fantastic guitar learning experience for you. Some of these decisions will impact date selection. For now, though, our focus is on the long-delayed Blues Course.

At the latest, the dates for Legacy Days will be announced by early 2010. However, we will announce as early as possible. If I recall, we ended up being able to announce as early as October last time.

Gabriel

#17 Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady

• Members
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:55 PM

[quote]I love KLM too. They are the best in my opinion, but not the cheapest most of the time. You may end up having to "slum it" on Delta/Northwest, Air Canada, or BA AND fly into Atlanta, Charlotte or NY, then drive to Nashville to get a reasonable fare. Or you could fly to NY, then get a flight on Southwest from LaGuardia to Nashville (I think that's where they fly out of in NY, could be NJ though) Another option would be a flight to Chicago, then catch a SW flight to Nashville out of Midway (the other airport in Chicago)

[/quote]

Thanks Jan for the link I have saved it.

When I flew last year it was with KLM and I actually flew KLM to Amsterdam and then Delta to Cincinnati and then Nashville. On the way back it was NWA to Detroit and then KLM to Aberdeen via Amsterdam.
So I have no problem 'slumming it' as you say in fact when we fly within Europe we use the low cost airlines as much as possible.
One of the ideas I have is to hook up with Barbara (k9kaos) if she is going and drive down from New York so it would be a lot cheaper.
But as I said to Res its is all academic until dates are announced so I am bowing out of the discussion until then.

Adele
Adele

#18 Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady

• Members
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:46 PM

[quote]

Forget using your [b]preferred[/b] airline site and use screenscraper search engines. I have just found you a flight on the date you mentioned of £630 ($1039 at todays rate).

I'm afraid as to the date. Legacy are a company and I think they will choose a date that is commercially viable & not one that will allow, one or may be two people to travel from way across the pond.

The vast majority of active members of the forum are from the North American continent, thus Legacy will aim things around these people. I'd certainly do the same if it was my company.[/quote]

As this is all hypothetical until we know dates its not really a problem but I have used a few flight search sites and they all come up with flights around the same cost as you and I are quoting Res so far there is about a £50 difference in the sites. But out of interest which sites did you use?
Of course the dates will be chosen to suit the majority of members and I wouldn't dream of advocating otherwise. If the flight costs are too high when the dates are finally announced then I won't be going its as simple as that.
So I am going to bow out of this discussion until we have dates from Legacy.
Adele

#19 jwalker

jwalker

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:55 PM

Just in case y'all didn't already know about it...go to [url]www.kayak.com[/url]and check airfares there. It will give you a look at a whole bunch of discount sites at one time so you can easily compare. We found our flight to London there this last June and it was cheaper than the tourist agent could find.

Adele,

We spent 15 days in Scotland this last June. We ended up flying to London and taking the train to Edinburgh because it was cheaper than flying directly into Glasgow or Edinburgh. With you being from Aberdeen, I can imagine you have the same problem as we do where I live. Small regional airport that's expensive to fly anywhere out of.

While, with a lot of research, we found really cheap base fares (in my opinion) to London, it was the extra fees and taxes that made the fares not so cheap. I was surprised that the fees/taxes usually equaled the cost of the base fare, thus doubling the cost after they were added :shock:

I love KLM too. They are the best in my opinion, but not the cheapest most of the time. You may end up having to "slum it" on Delta/Northwest, Air Canada, or BA AND fly into Atlanta, Charlotte or NY, then drive to Nashville to get a reasonable fare. Or you could fly to NY, then get a flight on Southwest from LaGuardia to Nashville (I think that's where they fly out of in NY, could be NJ though) Another option would be a flight to Chicago, then catch a SW flight to Nashville out of Midway (the other airport in Chicago)

Another bit of info in case some of you don't already know...Southwest puts up special fares every Tuesday at midnight eastern time on their website. If you live in any of the cities SW serves, you can get some REALLY cheap fares that way.

BTW, in regard to having to fly out of the way to get to where you are going...we have a saying in our area...

even to get to heaven, you have to go through Atlanta first! :wink:
Jan

The Luthier Lady!

Somewhere over the rainbow...
Get Plek'd!
Come visit my little piece of Luthier Heaven :-)

#20 Resurrected

Resurrected

Grumpy Old Git

• Members
  • 4,348 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands, United Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:53 PM

[quote][quote]jebertsch don't for get that Adele is in the UK.. that's not in the USA.

Most flights can't be booked more than 9months a head.
Just checked Air Canada and they have a "cheap" airline at $530+airport fees+ taxes so that would be in the area of $685 round trip.
from Toronto to Nashville.
And that was me checking now for July 11- 18 2010 :shock:

Only the USA has cheap flights...
everyone else is epensive.

[/quote]

You can say that again Doug

I have just checked on my preferred airline site which is KLM for flights to Nashville and at the moment I can book for a departure of Tuesday 6th of July from Aberdeen and it looks like it would be around £680 ($1088) the latest date showing for booking is Friday 9th of July at the moment. Give it another week and I should be able to see what prices are available but I suspect they may be over a £1000 ($1600) but that could change once they make the dates available.
Part of my problem is that of living in Aberdeen, no matter which airline I choose I still have a flight from Aberdeen to get to the international departure point unless I want to drive to Glasgow which is at least a 3 hour drive and an overnight stay in a hotel at the airport at one end of the international flight so it is more convenient to start the flights from Aberdeen.
So whereas John probably only needed to make one flight I have to make three, one from Aberdeen to either Manchester, London, Birmingham or Amsterdam then one to the US and then at least one to Nashville.

Adele[/quote]

Forget using your [b]preferred[/b] airline site and use screenscraper search engines. I have just found you a flight on the date you mentioned of £630 ($1039 at todays rate).

I'm afraid as to the date. Legacy are a company and I think they will choose a date that is commercially viable & not one that will allow, one or may be two people to travel from way across the pond.

The vast majority of active members of the forum are from the North American continent, thus Legacy will aim things around these people. I'd certainly do the same if it was my company.
http://www.re-warwick.co.uk/

Morality is doing right, no matter what you are told.
Religion is doing what you are told, no matter what is right - H. L. Mencken

The blues are the roots; Everything else is the fruits.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users