A Note from Opie

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 DianeB

DianeB

• Validating
  • 895 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:10 PM

I just read Paul's latest update. He's having a very rough time of it, including an unanticipated abdominal surgery this week. He very nearly died. I'm amazed at how he can write about it so lucidly.

Diane
L&M Guitar Session ...
 10 11 ...

#22 sleepingangel

sleepingangel

• Members
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:08 PM

Holy smokes. I just read your blog Paul and all I can say is I’m so sorry for your extra medical problems and I pray for a full recovery!!
God bless!!
Maria

#23 Steve Krenz

Steve Krenz

Author: Gibson's Learn & Master Guitar

• Administrators
  • 5,779 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:20 PM

Wow Opie,

Read the blog.  What an incredible, terrible ride you've been on.  Just letting you know we are praying and rooting for you here back with your guitar family.  Looking forward to having you back to normal soon.

Take care Paul,

Steve

CHECK OUT OUR NEW GUITAR FORUM AT GUITARGATHERING.COM/COMMUNITY

Making the world a better place - one guitar player at a time.
If playing guitar were easy, everyone would do it. That's why it will always be easier to own an iPod than a Grammy.

SteveKrenz.com
Twitter | Facebook | Guitar Blog

#24 Alice

Alice

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:37 AM

Wow Opie, I've been reading your blog. Tough times, and yet you can still put some humor into your writing. I have not been able to attend Guitar Gathering, so we haven't met. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and hope you can beat this. Take care.

Mary

L&M Guitar  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

L&M The Song Hits  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

L&M Piano  1 2 3 4

#25 Dan Brown

Dan Brown

• Members
  • 2,750 posts
  • LocationBradley Beach, N.J.

Posted 19 November 2017 - 06:58 PM

Opie,

Sorry I haven't written to about this earlier due to similar issues in my life the last couple years, I haven't been around much on the forum.

That being said, I wish the best for YOU WILL BEAT IT !!  You have a lot to live for !!

You are in my thoughts and I will be checking back frequently. 

Get well soon !!

Dan Brown    :electricguitar:

"SO MANY RESOURCES, SO LITTLE TIME!"                                           Fender Squier Strat MIM   1993                                        Fender Mustang II Amp 40W
Learn and Master Guitar Session 20                                                         Yamaha FG 400A Acoustic Guitar                                   Fender Frontman Amp  25W
Song Hits Session 7                                                                                       Charvel 625C Custom Acoustic Electric                       BOSS eBand  JS-8
Spotlight Series Blues Guitar Session 3   
                                               Harmony Meteor semi-hollow body circa 1958           Fender Champion 600 Amp 5W 

Epiphone Limited Edition ES 355

STUDENT OF THE MONTH - APRIL 2012                                                 Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus

Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor II

Martin backpacker  

Martin DRS2 Acoustic/electric 2014

#26 sleepingangel

sleepingangel

• Members
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:16 PM

Hey Opie,

Just caught up with your post from last week on your blog. We are all still praying for you here and hope that soon you will feel good enough to start picking up the guitar. I know you have a long recovery ahead but wanted to know we are still thinking about you!
I know it will be hard but Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Maria

#27 Gary oh no Less

Gary oh no Less

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:52 PM

What a ***** Disease , you would have thought  that mankind would have found away around this by now . (too busy on other stuff)  i Hope you get passed this Opie , and wish you all the Best .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users