Two String Bar F Chord

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rkl312

rkl312

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:21 AM

I am currently trying to learn the song Imagine with the help of Marty Schwartz on YouTube.  He plays the F chord in this song barring the first two strings.  I am having difficulty making this chord.  I can play the full barre chord fairly easily because I've practiced it so much.  My question is is it worth trying to get this mini F chord form down or should I just play the full six string barre chord F?

#2 DianeB

DianeB

• Validating
  • 895 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:03 AM

The fingering for the 4-string F chord (xx3211) is just a whisker away from the open Dm7 (xx0211) and Fmaj7 (xx3210), both of which are used very often. Personally, I almost always play F with the full barre, but the "best" chord voicing depends on the context.

Diane
L&M Guitar Session ...
 10 11 ...

#3 Eracer_Team -DougH

Eracer_Team -DougH

More Gear than Playing Tallent

• Validating
  • 7,239 posts
  • Locationhere and there

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:28 PM

I'd say form the full Barre F and only play the frost few strings if needed.

Otherwise play the full Barre F
Eracer_Team (DougH)
Eracer_Team Reverb-Nation Music Site
Eracer_Team Sound-Cloud Music Site

Words of Guitar Wisdom from Steve Krenz

LMG Live Lesson Archive

Access MikeM's LMG Yahoo group here: Mike's Yahoo LMG Support Group Site with Special Group Member Downloads
There are courses corrections of the original manual, charts, music, and guitar pro settings

Download LMG Manual's and Other Useful LMG Files Click Here

Sessions "somewhere between Sessions 8, 9 and 11"

#4 CapM

CapM

• Validating
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 04:07 PM

Um, I just watched his video of Imagine, and there's no F chord.  Are you talking about the Fmaj7 that comes after the Cmaj7?  He's not barring the first two strings on the Fmaj7.  The E string is open.  It's played x-x-3-2-1-0

#5 rkl312

rkl312

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:36 PM

CapM

https://www.youtube....h?v=5aUpajjl7ZA

F Chord at 1:30 is the one I was trying to play.  After practice I can now get it.  Its not as hard as it seemed.  But that goes for most of my learning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users