• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 triple-oh

triple-oh

• Members
  • 1,143 posts
  • LocationCannabis Creek Colo.

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:30 AM

I was watching "Star Trek" reruns and suddenly  I thought, what am I doing!  You know! The  episode where the away team beams down to Hydra Gamma 4 where they were exposed to radiation by a passing comet. And suddenly they started to age at a very fast rate.

Subconsciously that must have triggered something in my own aging brain. Usually I read guitar theory at the same time I watch TV. Therefore I find myself constantly rewinding and searching Google. Then later when I try to sleep I find myself tossing and turning and thinking  of chords like  A#dim7 or the Bootstrap Paraodox. 

Anyway, I have nylon string guitar that was starting to gather dust. I like the guitar, but there is  a "catch 22," extra space between the strings, good, a wider neck bad.  Good thing it's a hybrid with a 1 7/8 nut.

I don't have a clue how some young kids deal with the adult sized guitars and the wider necks on classical guitars. I remember watching the Korean kids below play.  I tried  to see what they were actually playing. They did appear to  play some barre chords. I have a feeling that the composition was written for small hands. Then again, maybe I need a  BIGGER GUITAR!  

Anyway I decided, or should I  say "Scotty beamed me off  the Enterprise" so I could re-start the fingerstyle course and  limiting my space travels to those of the Spaceship Earth.

"If wishes were horses,beggars would ride".

#2 North Devon (UK) Lady

North Devon (UK) Lady

• Members
  • 682 posts
  • LocationDevon, UK

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

Good luck triple-oh on your nylon string journey.
Mandy

Without Music Life Would Bb 🎢

L&MG 15
Song Hits 5
L&M Piano 18
L&M Fingerstyle 1
L&M Blues not started yet

🎸🎹🎨🎼

#3 Jim26

Jim26

• Members
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:53 PM

After watching the video you posted, one would think it's nothing more than child's play. :biggrin:

Jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users