Photo

All barre chords on Yellow Rose of Texas?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mothi Ghimire

Mothi Ghimire

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:09 PM

Hi everyone, 

I have been practicing the fast track of "Yellow Rose of Texas" with a strumming pattern of D-DU- U-DU using open chords except for the F chord as Steve showed in the video. As you all have experienced this, it was pretty hard on transitioning between the C to F and back to C parts in the song. But finally, I made it. Then I tried to play the song using all barre chords on the fast track. It just seems like the song is not intended to play by jumping from the C barre chord to F barre chord and back to C barre chord again. And when I looked closely at the book, Steve mentioned playing using all barre chords only for "Home on the Range" song but not for the "Yello Rose of Texas". I tried to read other forums discussing "Yellow Rose of Texas" and one person asked the same question I did. I just wanted to clarify if I am required or not to play "Yellow Rose of Texas" fast track using all barre chords. If not, I would be very happy and relieved to know that I can finally move on to the next session by giving a whole lot of time and practice for this session. Thank you. 

Another question, I tried messaging Steve from this web page, but he doesn't seem to be reading the messages. If you guys have a way of contacting Steve for personal opinions and suggestions, could you tell me how to reach him? Thank you all very much. 

-Mothi

#2 Bob at SV

Bob at SV

• Validating
  • 283 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:56 PM

Open Chords -> Barre Chords -> Open Chords  When it comes right down to it, what sounds best and what is easiest for you to play?  It really is up to you,and you need to try the various forms that work best.  Since C-F-G is a common progression getting into an out of a Barre F from C, G, and Am will be a normal problem to be overcome.  Good Luck.

L&MG Lesson: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

L&M Song Hits: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

#3 Mothi Ghimire

Mothi Ghimire

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:53 PM

Thank you, Bob at SV. I could do the open and barre chords mixture that Steve showed in the workshop videos for "Yellow Rose of Texas" with the tempo used in the fast track jam along cd. I just want to know if I should move on to Session 8 or if I should stay and practice using all barre chords for "Yellow Rose of Texas". 

- Mothi

#4 triple-oh

triple-oh

• Members
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationCannabis Creek Colo.

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:39 AM

Move on when you can play it at tempo with the open C chord in the mix. I agree with you about the C barre chord,its a big shift.

You don't seem to be having any problem with barre chords. Most of us struggle with the 6th string C barre chord and need to work on it for quite awhile. 

I think you need to drop the last up stroke in your strum pattern, if you want to strum  it like Steve.

"If wishes were horses,beggars would ride".

#5 Mothi Ghimire

Mothi Ghimire

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:49 AM

Thank you. I am happy to know that I can finally move on to Session 8. 

- Mothi

#6 randy120

randy120

• Members
  • 2,743 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:36 AM

He is beginning to teach you Barre chords. Do you have to play barre chords? No, but if you skip the Barre chords everytime because you think they are hard then you will never master Barre chords.

Randy

L&M Guitar Session 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry

​Ovation Standard Balladeer

Taylor NS24ce

​Taylor GS Mini

​Fender G-DEC 30

Fishman Loudbox Mini

Peavey Classic 30 II

http://soundcloud.com/randy120/tracks/

“If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.”

― Albert Einstein

#7 SandyB53

SandyB53

• Members
  • 835 posts
  • LocationLa Porte, Texas

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:23 PM

Session 8 is 5th String Barre Chords...Mothi I believe it would be OK to Move on to Session 8 and just continue Practicing some of the Material from Session 7 until you Feel like You have Mastered it. Don't Allow yourself to become Bored...Go ahead and Work in Session 8 and if possible allow some of your Practice Time for some of the Material in Session 7 you did not quite Master yet. I am not to those Sessions yet but from the Historical Posts, Barre Chords may take a while to Master. Get them Under Your Fingers and Continue to Move Forward in the Sessions while still allowing some of your Practice Time to Barre Chords. I am sure you will find that over Time (While Working on Other Sessions) the Barre Chords will get easier over time. That is How I was able to learn how to Play Open Chords from the Beginning. I practiced the Chords given to study in the Sessions daily, just a few minutes and by the Time I Started Session 5,  I was able to Play the Open Chords with Ease from the Earlier Sessions.

L&MG Current Status   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Guitars:

Epiphone Limited Edition 56' Les Paul Standard Pro

Fender FSR Stratocaster Standard (MIM) HSS

Amplifiers:

Fender Mustang IV V2

For my Recording I use:

PreSonus AudioBox 22VSL and Studio One 2.6.5.30360 (Artist Version) 

My Recorded Songs on SoundCloud   Listen on Soundcloud.com

I suppose Learning to Play an Instrument and Learning to Record it go hand in hand.....I am New to Both.

#8 Eracer_Team -DougH

Eracer_Team -DougH

More Gear than Playing Tallent

• Validating
  • 7,239 posts
  • Locationhere and there

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:38 PM

I've said for a long time.. double up Sessions 5 & 6 since you need chords from both
and when You move into Session 7 do Session 8 at the same time.

those two are sort of double sessions that rely on each other
Eracer_Team (DougH)
Eracer_Team Reverb-Nation Music Site
Eracer_Team Sound-Cloud Music Site

Words of Guitar Wisdom from Steve Krenz

LMG Live Lesson Archive

Access MikeM's LMG Yahoo group here: Mike's Yahoo LMG Support Group Site with Special Group Member Downloads
There are courses corrections of the original manual, charts, music, and guitar pro settings

Download LMG Manual's and Other Useful LMG Files Click Here

Sessions "somewhere between Sessions 8, 9 and 11"

#9 SandyB53

SandyB53

• Members
  • 835 posts
  • LocationLa Porte, Texas

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:52 AM

That makes Good Sense Doug....OK Session 6...Here I come! :biggrin:

L&MG Current Status   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Guitars:

Epiphone Limited Edition 56' Les Paul Standard Pro

Fender FSR Stratocaster Standard (MIM) HSS

Amplifiers:

Fender Mustang IV V2

For my Recording I use:

PreSonus AudioBox 22VSL and Studio One 2.6.5.30360 (Artist Version) 

My Recorded Songs on SoundCloud   Listen on Soundcloud.com

I suppose Learning to Play an Instrument and Learning to Record it go hand in hand.....I am New to Both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users