Photo

Live Lesson Nov 22 - Learning Holiday Songs!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Krenz

Steve Krenz

Author: Gibson's Learn & Master Guitar

• Administrators
  • 5,599 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:31 PM

LiveLessonLogoDark.png

November 22nd, 2016 7pm (CST)

Topic: Learning Holiday Songs! Silver Bells Anyone?

rock-christmas-graphic.jpg

You can watch the lesson here... HERE.

The holidays are getting close so I thought it would be great if we could start our annual holiday song learning!

Here's an easy version of the holiday classic "Silver Bells".  We'll be learning this tonight.

Here is the sheet music with TAB... Attached File  Silver Bells.pdf   72.46KB   300 downloads

You can watch the lesson here... HERE.

Giveaways and more! Make plans to join your guitar family on Nov 22nd at 7pm (central). Bring your questions and I'll see you there!

Our Ustream channel is here... HERE.

- Steve  

Making the world a better place - one guitar player at a time.
If playing guitar were easy, everyone would do it. That's why it will always be easier to own an iPod than a Grammy.

SteveKrenz.com
Twitter | Facebook | Guitar Blog

#2 Fabian Fledge

Fabian Fledge

• Members
  • 1,388 posts
  • LocationWaterford, Wisconsin

Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:13 PM

See you there

L&M Guitar-Complete!
L&M Blues Guitar Complete
L&M Fingerstyle Complete

#3 Learn All You Can

Learn All You Can

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:19 AM

Deck the halls here we all come :)

Learn All You Can :violin:  :piano:  :rightacoutsitc:

#4 WestCoastFolkie

WestCoastFolkie

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSaanichton, BC, Vancouver Island

Posted 26 November 2016 - 12:50 AM

As I am not able to get home in time to watch the lessons live, I have been depending on the replay to be able to see the shows.  Sadly, the last three will not play all the way through and have not been able to view them yet.

Has there been some change in the way these are recorded?

More importantly: is there any other way to watch the lessons?  I have tried multiple times on both the UStream site as well as Guitar Gathering and have had no better luck on either site.  I know it's not my network connection as I am able to watch Youtube and Netflix with no issues.

I'd appreciate any help at all - I'm really missing my guitar fix.

Thanks.

Larry

WestCoastFolkie

L&M Guitar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

L&M Fingerstyle (waiting in the wings)

Ovation Celebrity acoustic

Washburn 12-string acoustic/electric

Fender Stratocaster Deluxe

Les Paul copy of mysterious Japanese origin from sometime in the late seventies

Epiphone Dot Natural

Ibanez Gio Bass

Fender Mustang I, v.2

Behringer V-Amp2, Acer Notebook (for backing tracks), Behringer Xenyx 1002fx mixer

Orange mini practice amp

#5 Tom The Piddler

Tom The Piddler

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • LocationCass County, Texas

Posted 26 November 2016 - 03:17 PM

As I am not able to get home in time to watch the lessons live, I have been depending on the replay to be able to see the shows.  Sadly, the last three will not play all the way through and have not been able to view them yet.

Has there been some change in the way these are recorded?

More importantly: is there any other way to watch the lessons?  I have tried multiple times on both the UStream site as well as Guitar Gathering and have had no better luck on either site.  I know it's not my network connection as I am able to watch Youtube and Netflix with no issues.

I'd appreciate any help at all - I'm really missing my guitar fix.

Thanks.

Larry,

I am having the same problems.

But first:  as I am unable to watch the live recordings,  I am very dependent on the availability of the recorded shows.  In fact,  what I have been doing is to download the recorded show and watch it a convenient time for myself.  [this method is also great for me since I have a slow provider and limited bandwidth]  The recordings had been in the file format of .flv,  and rarely in a .mp4 format.  They would range in size of about 500 MB to 700 MB and be of only "one file."

Now:  beginning with the October 25 Live Lesson,  with the "Texas Blues with Corey Congilio Live Lesson,"  the shows are recorded in chunks.  About 50 KB to 500 KB in size in the .mp4 format.  Many, many, many chunks.  It does not do any good to down load all these chunks as I have no way of putting them together.  And besides that,  the individual chunk will not play?

As with you,  now,  since October 25,  when I try to watch a recorded show at UStream or the Gathering site I can only get part way through the show before it just stops.  I have also noted my computer's memory and CPU is all taken up with this process.  I believe the recording method has changed (chunks vs single file) and this is our problem.

I am in no way a computer or video tech,  just an observer.  So I have no answers to resolve our problem.

I'm also missing our Guitar fix...

Happy trails,

Tom

Happy trails,

Tom

L&M Guitar  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ?

-

L&M Guitar  Set Up and Maintenance - Completed

#6 SandyB53

SandyB53

• Members
  • 832 posts
  • LocationLa Porte, Texas

Posted 27 November 2016 - 09:34 AM

I followed the Link for the replay and I am able to watch all of the replays without Error, so unfortunately I am not sure why you Gentlemen are having trouble but you might want to contact a Computer Technician or maybe your Computers may need upgrading if they are old. I hope ya'll are able to watch the replays soon.

L&MG Current Status   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Guitars:

Epiphone Limited Edition 56' Les Paul Standard Pro

Fender FSR Stratocaster Standard (MIM) HSS

Amplifiers:

Fender Mustang IV V2

For my Recording I use:

PreSonus AudioBox 22VSL and Studio One 2.6.5.30360 (Artist Version) 

My Recorded Songs on SoundCloud   Listen on Soundcloud.com

I suppose Learning to Play an Instrument and Learning to Record it go hand in hand.....I am New to Both.

#7 Tom The Piddler

Tom The Piddler

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 02:37 PM

SandyB53,

Thanks for your more than generous effort.  I am really glad you have no problems watching the recorded Live Lessons.

Steve has mentioned lately he/they have been looking into making the live shows more fluid.  ie:  less stuttering.  Maybe the result is the saved chunks of the recorded versions.  If it effects only me, so be it.  But I hate not being able to view them...

Note:  Same problem exists with both FireFox and Safari and on both of my computers.  I do have the latest software updates,  but my computers are more than a few years old.  A 2009 24" iMac and a 2011 17" MacBook Pro.  There are no new computers for me in the near future.

Happy trails,

Tom

Happy trails,

Tom

-

#8 jlmartin

jlmartin

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 27 November 2016 - 07:22 PM

Tom, you may want to go here  https://support.ustr...hooting-steps¬†¬†

You do need the newest software for Adobe Flash also.  Don't know if this will help, but it might.

Take Care,

Jim

#9 Tom The Piddler

Tom The Piddler

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:35 AM

Jim,

Thanks for your advice and the link!  Went over all the link's troubleshooting suggestions with nothing to add or change on my end.  Jim, I already have the latest Adobe Flash Player extension installed.  My main browser is Firefox.  I think I'll give it a rest for awhile and see if something changes down the line for me.

Until then...

Happy trails,

Tom

Happy trails,

Tom

-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users