Nov 2016: No Excuses Guitar Month

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 NeilES335

NeilES335

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:32 PM

I hope you are all happy with your progress this past month.

Seeing as I went ahead an said my goal was to finish S11 for No Excuse November, I thought I should report the results... 

Well, as usual, I set a pretty lofty goal (to finish S11 in 1 month flat) ... I did work at it quite diligently, but I cant honestly say I'm completely finished. I'll keep at it until the pentatonic scales become second nature and I can play AND say all the notes. 

Meanwhile, in addition to S11, I've been into some beginner Jazz lessons on Truefire also, and really enjoyed that; now I have basically memorized 8 basic jazz cords, and the 2,5,1 progression, which is great fun. It's amazing how many jazz tunes you can play with about 8 cords and a little theory.

AND... 

I finished the Scale Mastery Course Level 1 last night too, (in 1 marathon 3 hours session!)  with all scales in all keys fixed and movable up to 120 bpm.. I'll do a review a couple of times but I'm almost ready to move on to Level II. (from the description on Level II, you get to play scales up to 140BPM...that's movin' !)

So, all in all, I'm not too bothered about not "completing" S11 in November; I learned a lot, so  I'll just keep at it until it's done.

#42 jaykaywright

jaykaywright

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationUp North Wisconsin

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:11 PM

WOW!!! Great job NeilES335, thats a tremendous amount of work and dedication AND FUN I would imagine.    :rightguitar:

Jim

L&MG 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20.

Listen on Soundcloud.com

#43 NeilES335

NeilES335

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:26 PM

Thanks Jim..I hope my comments didnt seem immodest. There's still plenty to learn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users