I know many of you have had questions on what should I bring.
So here's a few suggestions...
1) Bring a Guitar. Bring whichever guitar you feel comfortable with. Generally an acoustic is a bit easier to get around and carry between sessions. Bringing an amp might be more trouble than it is worth. I'll have an amp around if you need to use it for the student showcase.
2) Guitar Stand/Music Stand. If you want to bring a guitar stand and/or music stand for yourself, that probably will come in handy. But other than that, don't go over board with gear. There will be amps and cords and power supplys around. Don't overly worry about bringing every last piece of your gear.
3) Bring an guitar to donate to Instruments of Joy. If you have an old guitar, electric or acoustic, guitar pedals, any other instruments, then consider bringing them for the donation to Instruments of Joy.
4) A Smile. Overall, Relax. This is going to be a pretty informal event with more laughs and having fun with new friends and hearing great guitarists than anything else. Leave your stress back at the office. For the next few days you'll be hearing great guitarists, learning a bit, seeing Music City and the like. You'll go back home in a few days with a silly grin on your face knowing that you've rubbed shoulders with some of the greatest guitarists on the planet.
- Go For It. Immediately connect in and meet a few new people. Don't wait until day 3 before you find a few friends.
- Go For It. We are going to be in a smaller space. Move to wherever you need to see and hear and get a good seat.
- Go For It. If you don't have someone to hang with or have lunch with, go right up and ask.
Looking forward to seeing you guys next week!!!