#1 Steve Krenz

Steve Krenz

Author: Gibson's Learn & Master Guitar

• Administrators
  • 5,779 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 14 April 2016 - 02:14 AM

Friends,

It is with great frustration that I have to inform you that the hotel (Holiday Inn Nashville) has said that we have reached our maximum for rooms at the conference rate of $139.  And that any rooms booked from today on will be at their online rate of $219/per night.  They have a few rooms left for the nights of the conference but they are filling up fast and there aren't very many left before the hotel is at maximum occupancy.

Rest assured I have sent heated emails and voicemails and have had conversations with our contact there. But it's not something I can change.

When I initially blocked our rooms with the hotel last year late summer, I based it on an attendance of 40 registrants (which was twice last years registrations).  Currently we are at a registration level of 60 - three times last years attendance.  During the last few months, the hotel has granted more rooms at the conference rate a few times but as of today has officially said no more.

I have been told there are still some rooms available at the hotel for our conference dates but they will be at the higher price of $219 per night.

If you would like to still be at the conference hotel, then you are welcome to book the rooms at the higher rate.

If you would like to stay somewhere else, that's completely fine too.

So sorry about the hassle. 

(I guess its our own fault for having too many people that want to come!)

- Steve

CHECK OUT OUR NEW GUITAR FORUM AT GUITARGATHERING.COM/COMMUNITY

Making the world a better place - one guitar player at a time.
If playing guitar were easy, everyone would do it. That's why it will always be easier to own an iPod than a Grammy.

SteveKrenz.com
Twitter | Facebook | Guitar Blog

#2 Eracer_Team -DougH

Eracer_Team -DougH

More Gear than Playing Tallent

• Validating
  • 7,239 posts
  • Locationhere and there

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:49 AM

Good and bad at the same time. Bad is: they're not giving you any more rooms. Good is: you've tripled your attendance
Eracer_Team (DougH)
Eracer_Team Reverb-Nation Music Site
Eracer_Team Sound-Cloud Music Site

Words of Guitar Wisdom from Steve Krenz

LMG Live Lesson Archive

Access MikeM's LMG Yahoo group here: Mike's Yahoo LMG Support Group Site with Special Group Member Downloads
There are courses corrections of the original manual, charts, music, and guitar pro settings

Download LMG Manual's and Other Useful LMG Files Click Here

Sessions "somewhere between Sessions 8, 9 and 11"

#3 Tom

Tom

Major Lee Oblivious

• Members
  • 2,952 posts
  • LocationDecatur, IL

Posted 15 April 2016 - 03:04 PM

I'll just stay at a nearby Hotel. There are plenty of them in that area.

#4 vietzilla

vietzilla

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 03:19 PM

Wondering if any of you who already booked at Holiday Inn with the negotiated rate and be willing to share to split the cost.  Please send an email at vietsational@gmail.com if you do. Thanks.

#5 NeilES335

NeilES335

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:31 PM

I've often been able to book a better price direct with hotels (not this one) negotiating the price myself. I'd suggest if anyone wants to stay at this same hotel, they just give it a try WITHOUT mentioning the conference, just shopping for the best rate. Be prepared with rates for other nearby hotels. They want to fill the rooms, so if you are polite but insistent you could get the same rate or close.  You could save $60/ x4 or 5 nights = $300 bucks.

#6 CapM

CapM

• Validating
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:08 PM

Made my reservation at a La Quinta nearby for $122/night.  Google says it's only a 3 minute walk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users