Photo

I LOVE the Flatpicking Book The Guitar Player's Practical Guide to Scales and Arpeggios!

resource tablature notes scales arpeggios cd jam tracks pdfs

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sleepingangel

sleepingangel

• Members
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:39 PM

Hi all,

I just wanted to comment on what a great resource the package Steve has come up with this month!

The Guitar Player's Practical Guide to Scales and Arpeggios is both a "good read" and good practice!!

It's much more than meets the eye. There are 2 cds enclosed with the book that provide EVERY example !!

Then you also get the 4 cd set in the two cd's called Flat pick Jam. Those two cd's are actually 2 in each jewel case. I didn't realize that AND if you go to Flatpick.com  then you can download FREE pdf's for all of the songs and in most cases it gives you two or three different variations of the same song. I printed it out and am having it bound like the other book in Staples and it's like getting a FREE resource. 

I don't know how long the sale will last but I really encourage you to check it out if you want to improve your skills it doesn't have to be just for flatpickers. I'm just learning that style but I think this information transfers to all genres of music for guitar!!

Just thought I'd share my thoughts about this package!

Take care

Maria

#2 Dave_White

Dave_White

• Members
  • 767 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:55 PM

I am enjoying it as well - it is very clearly written.

L&M Guitar & Bonus 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

L&M Fingerstyle 1 2

"No virtue in this world is so oft rewarded as perseverance." - Robert Tyre Jones Jr.

"Don't just live, live well." - Pete Huttlinger

"Knowledge is good" - Emil Faber

#3 Dan Brown

Dan Brown

• Members
  • 2,750 posts
  • LocationBradley Beach, N.J.

Posted 26 September 2015 - 12:33 AM

Maria,
If you are trying to get me to buy these resources, I already did !! LOL...
I agree with Maria and Dave, these resources will improve your guitar playing, regardless of what genre you play.

Dan Brown

"SO MANY RESOURCES, SO LITTLE TIME!"                                           Fender Squier Strat MIM   1993                                        Fender Mustang II Amp 40W
Learn and Master Guitar Session 20                                                         Yamaha FG 400A Acoustic Guitar                                   Fender Frontman Amp  25W
Song Hits Session 7                                                                                       Charvel 625C Custom Acoustic Electric                       BOSS eBand  JS-8
Spotlight Series Blues Guitar Session 3   
                                               Harmony Meteor semi-hollow body circa 1958           Fender Champion 600 Amp 5W 

Epiphone Limited Edition ES 355

STUDENT OF THE MONTH - APRIL 2012                                                 Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus

Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor II

Martin backpacker  

Martin DRS2 Acoustic/electric 2014

#4 jlmartin

jlmartin

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 26 September 2015 - 01:13 AM

+1 to all the above.

Take Care,

Jim

#5 sleepingangel

sleepingangel

• Members
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 02:08 AM

I am enjoying it as well - it is very clearly written.

Glad you like em too!!

Maria

Maria,
If you are trying to get me to buy these resources, I already did !! LOL...
I agree with Maria and Dave, these resources will improve your guitar playing, regardless of what genre you play.

Dan Brown

AHH Dan my compadre in resource hoarding lol....well can I interest you in a year subscription to Flatpicking magazine lol....but seriously....:)

Be well
Maria

+1 to all the above.

Take Care,

Jim

Awesome Jim!!

Maria

#6 Folio

Folio

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:25 AM

You guys are BAD, BAD, BAD. On your word, I just ordered mine. Shame on all of you!

PS, Maria--am already a subscriber to Flatpicking mag. 

Ray

LMG 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

#7 sleepingangel

sleepingangel

• Members
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 02:44 AM

You guys are BAD, BAD, BAD. On your word, I just ordered mine. Shame on all of you!

PS, Maria--am already a subscriber to Flatpicking mag. 

Hey Ray!!! Yeah and you will not be disappointed Trust me you're gonna love the resources!!!

Enjoy

Maria

#8 sleepingangel

sleepingangel

• Members
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 09:51 PM

bump!!

#9 PatIam

PatIam

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 17 October 2015 - 03:22 AM

SleepingAngel:

Got the Practical Guide, got the Flatpick Jam CD's, subscribed to the magazine, and since I was on a roll, bought the Tommy Emmanuel Christmas book as well.  I am really enjoying the Practical Guide and fall out of my chair each time I look at the Christmas Book. 

Please Santa bring me flexible fingers, a supple wrist, a right hand that has eyes, and all the other stuff I need to play Tommy Emmanuel music! 

Pat

L&M Guitar  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Fender Kingman Elvis Presley

Boulder Creek ECL-2

Boulder Creek ECR2-B *

Gibson Midtown Custom *

Boulder Creek S3-AN

Fender Telecaster FSR Custom HH DiMarzio - Gold *

Takamine G406S New York

Harmony Sovereign H1270-S67*

Ibanez AVN3MHE-OPN Parlor*

Alvarez AC65HCE

Cordoba C5 CE

(* - Repaired)

Fender Blues Jr., Acoustic A20, Yamaha  THR5A

#10 naccoachbob

naccoachbob

• Members
  • 2,191 posts
  • LocationNacogdoches, Tx

Posted 18 October 2015 - 01:15 AM

Maria, you've taken to flatpicking like I have to fingerpicking. Excellent!!!

It's great to watch your enthusiasm about guitar playing. 

Play well,

Bob

Gear: Lucio Nunez "Balbina" hand crafted Classical Guitar

Jose Ramirez RA-C Classical

Eric Clapton Signature Strat "Blackie"

Les Paul Studio

Self-built Honduran Mahogany/Engelmann Spruce acoustic (in my pic)

Self-built mahogany/Sitka Spruce acoustic

Terada acoustic

MIM HSS Strat

Fender Twin Reverb Amp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users