9/1/15 Start Date S.7

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 yellow

yellow

• Validating
  • 720 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:37 AM

Yes! as Paully says, there are a bunch of guys who do this, you will find them under the "Recording and Home Studio" category.

I am sure that they would be happy to help you.
They have the technology and the capability to fuse bits together and add layers including drums and bass guitar and there are also people who can sing.

I would suggest contacting Fretless who organises them if you are interested in a barre chord rich one and you would like their help. They are a great bunch of guys, they are really kind and they have helped me a lot and I am a real beginner, when I joined in all I could do for my bit was 1 strum per bar on open chords yet they used it as the rhythm part in a superb song in collaboration 16. I am also working with them in collaboration 18. Great bunch of people.

Mandy

#42 rOCKerDude

rOCKerDude

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 June 2016 - 03:55 PM

Thanks Paully and Mandy!  :rolleyes: That sounds mighty interesting. I am definitely open to any music collaboration. A great opportunity to learn and share as well. Lemme check it out!

MY RIG

Gibson Les Paul LPJ 2014

Fender Mustang I V2

Ernie Ball Regular Slinky Strings (.10-.46)

Dunlop John Petrucci Signature Jazz III 1.14 pick

Fender Custom Shop 10' Instrument Cable Tweed Angled Ends

MY PROGRESS

L&M Guitar: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

#43 Jusca

Jusca

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:43 AM

The time has come when 6th string barres are no longer a mountain to climb.  I'm on top of barres now.  I'll be moving on to session 8 on Monday of next week.  The great things about this session is when I hunkered down, I learned the fretboard notes more easily because I gotta know where the root note is to play the chord.   :) That killed two birds with one stone.  Also, I learned more about the notes in every key--something I glossed over for a long time.  Be patient and encouraged if you're still in this session.  Your time will come to play barres smoothly.  All it takes is consistent practice (a well setup guitar helps too!).

L&M Guitar: 9,16, & Private rhythm lessons 

focusing on improving rhythmic understanding & playing

:guitar: 

#44 SandyB53

SandyB53

• Members
  • 835 posts
  • LocationLa Porte, Texas

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:02 AM

Great to Hear Good News Jusca, Keep up the Good Work and Keep On Postin cuz I am hangin out in Session 5 still but I am reading all these Session 7 & 8 Posts and poke at Barre Chords just a little as I go along, kinda like we just poked at the C & G7 in the beginning Sessions. I do ok so far but I am not gonna say much about it until I actually Commit to Session 7. The more ya'll tell us the More I learn...Thank You for That!

L&MG Current Status   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Guitars:

Epiphone Limited Edition 56' Les Paul Standard Pro

Fender FSR Stratocaster Standard (MIM) HSS

Amplifiers:

Fender Mustang IV V2

For my Recording I use:

PreSonus AudioBox 22VSL and Studio One 2.6.5.30360 (Artist Version) 

My Recorded Songs on SoundCloud   Listen on Soundcloud.com

I suppose Learning to Play an Instrument and Learning to Record it go hand in hand.....I am New to Both.

#45 Jusca

Jusca

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 02:02 AM

Great to Hear Good News Jusca, Keep up the Good Work and Keep On Postin cuz I am hangin out in Session 5 still but I am reading all these Session 7 & 8 Posts and poke at Barre Chords just a little as I go along, kinda like we just poked at the C & G7 in the beginning Sessions. I do ok so far but I am not gonna say much about it until I actually Commit to Session 7. The more ya'll tell us the More I learn...Thank You for That!

thanks for the kind words.  session 5 is a big foundation for your playing as you know.  it's no problem if you're hanging there.  and poking into session 7 is cool too.  I did the same while in session 5 & 6 and the poking helped my hands get familiar enough with barres.  All I needed to do was build the strength once I got to session 7 as session 5/6 already has the chord forms barres are based off of.  It all builds on each other.   You've come a long way.  Good to see you're still progressing and enjoying the process.   :)

L&M Guitar: 9,16, & Private rhythm lessons 

focusing on improving rhythmic understanding & playing

:guitar: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users