• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ravindra

ravindra

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:06 AM

Hi Will/All,

While playing When the saints go marching in with both left and right hand coordination, I encountered few difficulities. It was very hard for me to coordinate both the hands and play it successfully. Also the left hand notes are bit hard to keep track, since there's no any written resource. Can some one please help me to get over this hurdle. Will, I appreciate your help regarding this.

Thanks & Regards,

Ravindra Ranwala.

#2 Jusca

Jusca

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:11 AM

I'd imagine getting one hand very comfortable playing the song could work.  Then slowly add the second hand.

Try playing one measure in the right hand.  Once you are comfortable with the right hand, try playing the left hand only.  Get very familiar with the left hand playing by itself.  Then beat by beat in that 1 measure, try playing both hands. Play careful attention to any difficulties you're having when you're playing both hands.  Where is the difficulty happening?  Is it the right, left or both hands--which finger?  Which notes?   Try to narrow down what's causing the difficulty. 

Repeat the process for every other measure until you are playing with both hands at the same time. 

L&M Guitar: 9,16, & Private rhythm lessons 

focusing on improving rhythmic understanding & playing

:guitar: 

#3 ravindra

ravindra

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:42 AM

Hi,

First of all Thanks a lot for the reply. At first every note was difficult when left hand accompany notes are added. I followed Will's method of dividing it into smaller peaces and playing them incrementally. After a week of struggle, I was able to make it. It's allabout practice I guess. :)

Regards,

Ravindra.

#4 Jusca

Jusca

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:57 AM

Hi,

First of all Thanks a lot for the reply. At first every note was difficult when left hand accompany notes are added. I followed Will's method of dividing it into smaller peaces and playing them incrementally. After a week of struggle, I was able to make it. It's allabout practice I guess. :)

Regards,

Ravindra.

I'm glad you worked it out!

L&M Guitar: 9,16, & Private rhythm lessons 

focusing on improving rhythmic understanding & playing

:guitar: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users