• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#121 cntryblues

cntryblues

• Members
  • 952 posts
  • LocationWeston, Mo

Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:46 PM

Mike, Family always comes first....It also won't be the same without you either...  You will be missed... 

thoughts and prayers are with you, your mom and family .. as you get things on the mend.....

Limits are Like Fears, OFTEN JUST AN ILLUSION......

L&MG Course   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20

Song Course    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20

Blues Course    1  2  3  4  5  6 

Finger Style       1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   (Yet to Purchase)   :rightacoutsitc: 

#122 opie

opie

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationArlington, TX

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:28 PM

​Finishing up loading the car and almost ready to head out. See y'all in Nashville!

Lesson: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Gathering 2010 Alumni

Gathering 2016 Attendee

#123 Eracer_Team -DougH

Eracer_Team -DougH

More Gear than Playing Tallent

• Validating
  • 7,239 posts
  • Locationhere and there

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:51 PM

Stating my Grey Line Hop on Hop off tours today

Eracer_Team (DougH)
Eracer_Team Reverb-Nation Music Site
Eracer_Team Sound-Cloud Music Site

Words of Guitar Wisdom from Steve Krenz

LMG Live Lesson Archive

Access MikeM's LMG Yahoo group here: Mike's Yahoo LMG Support Group Site with Special Group Member Downloads
There are courses corrections of the original manual, charts, music, and guitar pro settings

Download LMG Manual's and Other Useful LMG Files Click Here

Sessions "somewhere between Sessions 8, 9 and 11"

#124 papamark

papamark

• Members
  • 227 posts
  • LocationCentral Missouri

Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:52 AM

I know that everyone will have a blast.  Sorry I couldn't make it this year.

papamark

#125 gotto

gotto

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • Locationsouthwest, wa.

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:26 AM

Got here mid-afternoon, meeting some very nice fellow students and Steve. What a thrill for me and what a cool guy! Tomorrow is the meet and greet and the fun just continues......

Greg

#126 gotto

gotto

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • Locationsouthwest, wa.

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:46 PM

This truly has been a remarkable and absolutely fun -filled 3 days in Nashville at The Gathering.  More to come but so many highlight moments with guest lecturers such as Cory Congilio (my personal favorite from the Truefire site)  Desi Serna, Greg Voros, Ethan Case, Michael Ripoli, and the duo of Dino Pastin and Steve Krenz.  Last night, a tour of Gruhn's Guitars, meeting George himself (and a viewing of his snake collection) in the legendary closed-to-the-public second floor of very treasured vintage instruments, and a view of the multi-million dollar restoration 3rd floor operation. 

This afternoon 15 or so brave souls overcame there shaky voices and trembling hands to perform in the student showcase before their fellow student attendees and guests. Hats off to everyone who took the effort to learn their pieces and swallow their pounding hearts to brave the stage. Some very rewarding moments for all of us to watch people step out and perform.......and a lot of cheers. This was a fulfillment of mine to play  before others in a new environment, part of the Steve's annual June Challenge. I had lured CapM to play with me here a few weeks ago and we had shared some stuff online to prepare but I had some technical issues with attempting  to use a my backing track for" Peaceful Easy Feeling".  CapM and I winged it without our "backup" drums and bass. We were only able to practice together for about 20 minutes the day before but never with both guitars amplified, so we really  heard it ourselves for the first time in a live performance mode.No time for sound checks. Ear training for both of us....big-time. Fun stuff! I hope he enjoyed it as much as I did.

Tomorrow, Musicians's Hall of Fame. I don't plan to wake up from this dream for another 48 hours.....

Greg

The takeaway from this afternoon......play for others and with others. I love it when people step up and find the joy in this experience. This is the next level of music for all of us and really why we learn and why we play the guitar- to share the music.

#127 dodobird

dodobird

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:25 AM

Outstanding to attendees and participants. Music is great!

#128 Eracer_Team -DougH

Eracer_Team -DougH

More Gear than Playing Tallent

• Validating
  • 7,239 posts
  • Locationhere and there

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:33 AM

Greg (gotto) sorry I missed yours/Capm performance, I was out in the hall with Momma Krenz and a video interview.

hope the videos from both camera's come through for the past 2 days.

I need to see all the replay's

it's "funny" you spend months (or longer) working on a song, then when you're in front of 80 people it certainly takes on a dynamics all it's own.

those that performed this year have entered into a 'special' category.

you, me and the rest have now entered into the status of "Musician in Nashville"

no matter how many bad notes we thought we hit. or out of pitch/key we thought we sang.. we are now "Nashville Musician's."

yes Y'all tomorrow at the museum.

Cheers

DougH

p.s. my mom was my biggest supporter for my guitar playing and she never made it to hear me play a full song, let alone the children's choir work I do or what I did at the student show case .. hope she's smiling somewhere.

Eracer_Team (DougH)
Eracer_Team Reverb-Nation Music Site
Eracer_Team Sound-Cloud Music Site

Words of Guitar Wisdom from Steve Krenz

LMG Live Lesson Archive

Access MikeM's LMG Yahoo group here: Mike's Yahoo LMG Support Group Site with Special Group Member Downloads
There are courses corrections of the original manual, charts, music, and guitar pro settings

Download LMG Manual's and Other Useful LMG Files Click Here

Sessions "somewhere between Sessions 8, 9 and 11"

#129 country roots

country roots

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationDelaware ,USA

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:51 PM

This trip has made my top 5 vacation list

If you did not make it to 2016- mark your calendar-for next year .( July 2017)

you will meet the some of nicest wannabe guitar players,just like "you". and learn from the Nashville pro's.

BIG Thanks to Steve , his wife , sun and  the volunteer's who made this so wonderful for the attendees and spouses. :drumset:

#130 gotto

gotto

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • Locationsouthwest, wa.

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:56 PM

Final thoughts on my experiences at the 2016 Gathering:

First and foremost, Steve is the genuine real deal. He is the gracious, smiling,  friendly and positively supportive person we all see on DVD's and on live broadcasts. He is the teacher you feel honored to have as a friend and his wife Paulette is as special a person as he is. I delighted in visiting with them during my stay.

I am all about networking anymore musically, and I was rewarded by meeting the attendees. I did not get to visit with all ( it might take more than the few days we shared to accomplish this)  but those that I met all shared a common thread-the love of music and the appreciation of what the LMG course and Steve have brought into their lives. Some of them were repeaters, and some like me were first timers at the meeting, but all were wonderful to meet, share stories with, and listen to. It is a rare treat in life to walk into a roomful of dozens of strangers and immediately feel comfortable and welcome, and then be able to spend several days thereafter building relationships that hopefully last indefinitely.

It makes no difference if you are a novice beginner or a polished instrumentalist, all levels of students are appreciated by the attendees and instructors. The experience in this environment is a safe , positive and supportive one regardless of skill and talent. It mirrors all that I seek in my musical wanderings where people just enjoy pulling out their strings and sharing the moment. I believe this reflects all that Steve fundamentally wishes that all his students can experience in some way, somewhere.

The quality of guest instructors and extra-curricular activities far exceeded my expectations. I knew beforehand that they would be good, but review of the videos that Opie is now sharing is proof that we all witnessed some very special instructional moments. 

Finally, for those that wish to someday revel in the joy of sharing 4-6 days of absolute musical nirvana and fun with fellow students and mentors, set your calendar for July's event next year. One may balk at the travel or expense, but I cannot think of a better dollar value in all of my worldly travels than this Gathering. There was not a single moment of disappointment for me.  My thanks to all.

Greg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users