• Locationhere and there

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:14 AM

WooHOOO
wife just booked
Residence Inn Nashville Vanderbilt/West End
1801 Hayes Street . Nashville, Tennessee 37203 USA
from June 18-July2.
so it looks like everyone has to suffer from my poor playing skill
Oh boy.. guess I better start working very hard on my single note melody playing skills; which I've been neglecting

I know it won't be the same hotel that the rest of you are in. and will be a hike (their shuttle bus will drive me 2 miles any direction as long as it's 2ml)

but we'll have a 1 bedroom king suite to live in for the two weeks.

[edit]
(wooow.. from the first hotel you guys didn't get it was 1mile from my hotel.. but the hotel you booked last year at Franklin Pike Cir.. is 10mile from me.. grrrr)
longer trek than I wanted for sure.
Uber it is I guess.
Eracer_Team (DougH)
Eracer_Team Reverb-Nation Music Site
Eracer_Team Sound-Cloud Music Site

Words of Guitar Wisdom from Steve Krenz

LMG Live Lesson Archive

Access MikeM's LMG Yahoo group here: Mike's Yahoo LMG Support Group Site with Special Group Member Downloads
There are courses corrections of the original manual, charts, music, and guitar pro settings

Download LMG Manual's and Other Useful LMG Files Click Here

Sessions "somewhere between Sessions 8, 9 and 11"

#42 Stank

Stank

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:17 AM

I wanted to go so bad in 2015 but just couldn't work it out. I am going to schedule this week for vacation and work it out this year. My wife is all for it and is encouraging me to go and wants to go too. I will feel guilty going to all of the classes and leaving her alone. did any of the spouses get together last year and go off and do things while the students were in the classes?

#43 clmoore0102

clmoore0102

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSpring Hill, TN

Posted 27 November 2015 - 02:15 AM

Nashvilles Crazy growth and constant events and conventions will have the biggest if any impact on the cost. As a local, i'm planning on attending (first time) but sleeping at home. is there a fee for the gathering itself? 

L&MG 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 15 16 17 18 19 20

Jackson DNKY Blue

Jackson DNKY Black

Washburn N2

Taylor 110e

Ibanez MiKro Bass

#44 LMG Guitar Nut

LMG Guitar Nut

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 01:55 PM

yes they charge around $200 or so,,, Steve said that he is signing the deal with the hotel this week and will post the details soon.

#45 clmoore0102

clmoore0102

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSpring Hill, TN

Posted 29 November 2015 - 08:24 PM

That's awesome news thanks LMG Guitar Nut!

L&MG 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 15 16 17 18 19 20

Jackson DNKY Blue

Jackson DNKY Black

Washburn N2

Taylor 110e

Ibanez MiKro Bass

#46 CJ##

CJ##

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationEssex, UK.

Posted 29 November 2015 - 10:35 PM

Is there places to rent guitars, if you don't want to travel with your own?

Wife really doesn't want to drive 12-14hrs just do I can bring gear with me.

Guitar center in Nashville rent guitars, apparently.

L&MG  1 2 3 4( 5 6) 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20  :rightacoutsitc: 

#47 cntryblues

cntryblues

• Members
  • 952 posts
  • LocationWeston, Mo

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:12 AM

Gathering is the 22nd through the 25th...   Tuesday thru Sat....  Saturday we all got tickets to get into the NAMM show as the final activity...

It was a great time... If you can stay for the Saturday, it will be worth it....

The NAMM show goes from the 23rd thru the 25th this year.... 

Limits are Like Fears, OFTEN JUST AN ILLUSION......

L&MG Course   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20

Song Course    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20

Blues Course    1  2  3  4  5  6 

Finger Style       1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   (Yet to Purchase)   :rightacoutsitc: 

#48 cntryblues

cntryblues

• Members
  • 952 posts
  • LocationWeston, Mo

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:15 AM

Someone on page one had his dates mixed up because I think they misread the NAMM dates as the Gathering dates... that is why I posted this...Mike... 

Limits are Like Fears, OFTEN JUST AN ILLUSION......

L&MG Course   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20

Song Course    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20

Blues Course    1  2  3  4  5  6 

Finger Style       1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   (Yet to Purchase)   :rightacoutsitc: 

#49 dodobird

dodobird

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:55 PM

Steve Made it official Friday Night on the Live Lesson.............

You are invited to NASHVILLE, TN JUNE 22nd thru 25th for GUITAR GATHERING 2016.

This is NAMM week 23-25 June 2016 and we are starting to make plans!

Please consider attending Guitar Gathering 2016. Bring your spouse and enjoy a week in Nashville, TN. Talk to members who attended Guitar Gathering 2015 for a first hand feedback on their experience. There is so much to do in Nashville!!!!

Here is the first exciting news for 2016 Gathering......... Friday night on the Live Lesson, JOHNNY HILAND made a very generous offer to give one person a personal guitar lesson during the Guitar Gathering Week if he is not out on tour! Thank you Johnny!  Visit Johnny at www.johnnyhiland.com or search YouTube for lessons and music from Johnny Hiland. How will Steve decide who the lucky winner is? You will have to attend to find out!!!!!

More information to come.......start making your 2016 Guitar Gathering plans.

Take Care

Mike

Sorry to all for being absent from the Forum lately. It has been a super busy last 5 months trying to finish up a new towboat construction project that I am the Captain of as well as hold down my day-to-day boat operations, family, retirement plans, guitar journey, house projects, yard projects, Honey Do List,  vehicles, bills, ......blah blah blah...you all know the drill! I head back to the ship yard tomorrow and finish sea trials and then make a 7-8 day trip  to deliver the boat. I hope to be home for Christmas and then retire the 31st. After the first of the year I will be working on the Gathering to assist Steve in whatever capacity that he needs. I will be in contact with those that have volunteered to help. Please be patient....it will all come together.

1. I will attempt to answer some of the questions that have floated to the surface.  There are a lot of logistics to work out and schedules and bookings are not locked in as of todays date! Please be patient and understand that some of these artists and dates need to be soft due to shuffling of events and bookings as time moves along. Steve will keep us posted as he can lock in dates and artists.

2.  Steve is working on contract for lodging and will post information soon..............

3. Dates- as listed in the first post above, I listed two dates to be aware of and remind you that they are tentative until locked in- Scheduled Guitar Gathering 22-25JUNE2015 and NAMM which is scheduled for 23-25JUNE2015. I know that the gathering date of 23-25JUNE2015 was mentioned in an additional post. We will clear this up  soon!! We get to take advantage of artists that are booked in the Nashville area for NAMM. In 2015 we were able to see Jack Pearson; Vince Gill and the Time Jumpers; Amy Grant; Nokie Edwards of the Ventures' Brent Mason and much more,  Last year Steve was able to get us on the NAMM Floor Saturday for a small fee to cover tickets. We are looking at this event again this year. We attended Gruhn's Guitar Live Lesson with Steve Krenz!. Last year the Guest Artist was "Johnny Hiland" Mr. Chicken Picker himself!!! There was much more!!

4. Is there a registration Fee?  Last year there was a registration fee and Steve sets that fee based on artists who attend and teach as well as logistical costs to put on this event. It is Steve decision and he will coordinated and post this on his Website when that cost has been determined. You will not be disappointed! You can not get face to face lessons with artists like Steve Krenz, Will McFarland,  Dino Pastino, Tim Thompson like we had last year. I do not know who Steve has in mind this year, but you will not be disappointed! Note- There will be events that come under the umbrella of the registration fee and there will be events that a are the financial responsibility of each individual. These events will be made known at the time of registration.

5. Guitar Rentals- Yes there are a few local music stores that rent instruments......Just Google music stores in the local area. I talked to GC and they were open to rentals of used guitars. Just contact local stores and make your arrangements. This will help with your travel logistics, especially if you are flying. I have an acoustic that I am going to bring and drop off at the "Instruments of Joy". I will make it available for the Gathering if someone needs a player for a few days.

6. Do spouses get together and plan events. This is completely up to attendees. We have the Guitar Gathering scheduled events during the day and we provide event ticket information for local events that we try and get forum members to attend as a Team Event. Spouses are invited to attend the evening ticketed events. Spouses are encouraged to network and schedule shopping trips, tourist activities, tours of the city and local area during the day.  If someone wants to coordinate this venue, please let me know.

If you have any questions....Please post here or PM me.

Thank you all for all you do!

#50 Dave_White

Dave_White

• Members
  • 767 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 06 December 2015 - 11:26 PM

Thanks for the update Mike - and congratulations on your upcoming retirement!

L&M Guitar & Bonus 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

L&M Fingerstyle 1 2

"No virtue in this world is so oft rewarded as perseverance." - Robert Tyre Jones Jr.

"Don't just live, live well." - Pete Huttlinger

"Knowledge is good" - Emil Faber

#51 KWilson5035

KWilson5035

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Florida

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:02 PM

I just booked a spot at a local campgrounds.  Couldn't make it last year but this year planning our travels around the Gathering. I normally travel with a couple of guitars so I could help someone out with a guitar that's coming by air.

#52 gotto

gotto

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • Locationsouthwest, wa.

Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:00 AM

Congrats on retirement , Mike. It's all good!

Greg

#53 markmuse

markmuse

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:06 AM

I just booked a spot at a local campgrounds.  Couldn't make it last year but this year planning our travels around the Gathering. I normally travel with a couple of guitars so I could help someone out with a guitar that's coming by air.

Which campground?

#54 KWilson5035

KWilson5035

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 01:06 AM

Seven Points Campground if you have a Senior Pass it is only 10/night. Not to far from the Airport.

#55 markmuse

markmuse

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 21 December 2015 - 02:06 AM

Seven Points Campground if you have a Senior Pass it is only 10/night. Not to far from the Airport.

I assume it's a Tennessee state Senior Pass?

#56 KWilson5035

KWilson5035

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 02:24 AM

It is a federal pass. The park is army Corp of eng

#57 markmuse

markmuse

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:10 AM

It is a federal pass. The park is army Corp of eng

Your my hero. Merry Christmas, and have a good night.

#58 LostInthe60sTonight

LostInthe60sTonight

• Members
  • 2,652 posts
  • LocationWinchester, VA

Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:48 PM

Well, if my teacher wife is out of school by that time we'll both be there. Time for me to trade my timeshare for something other than Williamsburg anyway so maybe I can find one nearby for that week.

RichL

"The wise musicians are those who play what they can master." - Duke Ellington

"Too many young musicians today want to win polls before they learn their instruments." - Benny Goodman

"You can't go to the store and buy a good ear and rhythm." - Les Paul

Epiphone Emperor Swingster

Squier Standard Strat

Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE

Washburn C104SCE Classical

Ltd converted to a lap steel

Line 6 Spider IV 15 amp / Line6 Spider Jam 120

Behringer Ultracoustic AT108 amp

Marshall Mg10CD amp

Esteban G-10 amp

AudioBox USB with Studio One V2 DAW

Visual Sounds Rt. 66, Satisfaction fuzz, Boss TU-3 chromatic tuner, Boss CS-3 Compression/Sustainer pedals, FBV MKII Expressions board (includes wah and volume pedal).

LMG Session 11

#59 k9kaos

k9kaos

• Validating
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:12 PM

I'm definitely planning on being there again! 

Any word on what hotel? (Sorry if I missed it in the post above, but didn't see anything that looked definite... )

Just trying to lock in my vacation plans for this coming year  :biggrin:  :cool:

Barbara

I wish reality had a distortion pedal.... :)

1933 Gibson L-OO 

Martin Custom X Series (my favorite)

Ibanez Acoustic Electric

Gibson Les Paul Studio 

Fender Strat (MiM)

Epiphone P-90 Riviera

TK O'Brien Mountain Dulcimer

Johnson JB-100 Banjo

Eddy Finn Ukelele

Words of wisdom from a dear friend:  "Fear is that little room where negatives are developed" - Michael Pritchard

#60 DianeB

DianeB

• Validating
  • 895 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:26 PM

Barbara, this is Steve's post from the December 22 chat:

Diane, everything is booked for the Gathering. We will be at the Holiday Inn Nashville Airport. Here is the info I got from the hotel... Your attendees may make reservations by calling 1-866-871-1171 and asking for the Guitar Gathering Block or by utilizing the link [above] before 5/23/2016.

Diane
L&M Guitar Session ...
 10 11 ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users