• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JaysonInDaytona

JaysonInDaytona

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationDaytona Beach Area

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:24 AM

Just bought a bunch or there 'professional' brushes 1/2 off and they seem decent...

I am looking for Synth Hog or Hog bristle brushes.. Has anyone used the Hobby Lobby Masters Touch brand as far as their ' Professional' brushes go? If so how did they hold up and for how long.. I would like to buy local before I go online... I am using trad. oils...

Thanks

J~

Jayson Harrington/K4ZAG

“There are only two types of music: good and bad. “Everything else is just indexing”.  - Hugh Laurie ( In this case)

MY  guitar's are:

A little Stella USA made with that steel reinforced neck...

A (MIM) Fender Standard in white and chrome with standard ceramic strat pickups named Lucy...

A Yamaha EG303 :black with red pickguard and gold hardware with ( being redone ) humbuckers named Bettie...

AMPS:

Yamaha 15 watt kit amp (came with the Yamaha ages ago)

Fender Mustang 1 V2 ( Much better than the above that I will never touch again)

#2 Jerry-111

Jerry-111

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:34 PM

I have used some of the masters touch brushes, and what I've used have worked out fine.

They have a small fan brush, marked as series 404, and sized as an 0, maybe 5/8 inch at its widest... I seem to use it often, for various applications. It is great for adding clusters of grass, or highlights on trees in a distance.

I mainly use Windsor Newton "Artist Oil Brushes", also the "Winton" series are less expensive and are exactly like the "Artist Oil Brushes", But you have to go to Michaels to get them, or order them on-line at Jerry's Artarama (jerrysartarama.com).

Sorry this reply is so long in coming... but hopefully you still will get it.

Have Fun Painting

Jerry

(not the same jerry at artarama )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users