MIGHTY OAK MUSIC GATHERING 2015

238 replies to this topic

#221 dodobird

dodobird

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:51 PM

Hey guys,
Last night in the Live Lesson Steve mentioned a conference fee for July. Any idea on the amount and due date?

I didn't hear him say that. Was it in reference to event tickets or the workshops????????

#222 Dave_White

Dave_White

• Members
  • 767 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:23 PM

Mike - I heard that as well - maybe Steve can chime in. I believe it was in reference to special guests and workshops.

L&M Guitar & Bonus 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

L&M Fingerstyle 1 2

"No virtue in this world is so oft rewarded as perseverance." - Robert Tyre Jones Jr.

"Don't just live, live well." - Pete Huttlinger

"Knowledge is good" - Emil Faber

#223 Tom

Tom

Major Lee Oblivious

• Members
  • 2,952 posts
  • LocationDecatur, IL

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:29 PM

That would be my guess. I doubt professional guitarists do these workshops for free. 

#224 Jusca

Jusca

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:09 AM

Yup, I heard it too.  I was thinking he was talking about a fee for the workshops.

L&M Guitar: 9,16, & Private rhythm lessons 

focusing on improving rhythmic understanding & playing

:guitar: 

#225 dodobird

dodobird

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:52 AM

No- artists won't come in for free. Fees need to disclosed ASAP. I will try and get clarification as soon as I can. I would say the fee has not been discussed/disclosed pending what artists Steve gets to attend. Thanks for bringing this topic to the surface. We'll try and clear this up ASAP!

#226 --reg...

--reg...

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:06 AM

It will be a bargain regardless of how much needs to be charged to keep the bills paid.

I recently went to a musicians' conference that was $270 for two days, and a one day guitar boot-camp.

It was totally a bargain.

This one will be even better.  Memories to last a lifetime, and you will come away humbled, awed, and after a few days of self-pity over your lack of talent,  you will resolve to be more focused and dedicated in pursuing your instrument than ever before.

Six months after that, you will wake up one day and find that you've taken a sudden leap forward in your playing and your musical thinking.

At least that's how it works for me.

See ya!

#227 dodobird

dodobird

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:24 AM

It will be a bargain regardless of how much needs to be charged to keep the bills paid.
I recently went to a musicians' conference that was $270 for two days, and a one day guitar boot-camp.
It was totally a bargain.

This one will be even better.  Memories to last a lifetime, and you will come away humbled, awed, and after a few days of self-pity over your lack of talent,  you will resolve to be more focused and dedicated in pursuing your instrument than ever before.
Six months after that, you will wake up one day and find that you've taken a sudden leap forward in your playing and your musical thinking.

At least that's how it works for me.
See ya!

Reg- I agree whole hardedly! We will have a great lineup and musicians do not gig for free unless it's a charity or tribute! I know this is a a life changing event as far as music, friends and our forum family! Steve will get back to me to lock in conference fee ASAP. I apologize if this offends those already signed up, but the conference rooms, sound man and a tech person plus two guest artist and several ticket events do not come free. I regret that we did not talk about this sooner. Please be open on this. There is no intent pull anything fast or to be devious. It was an oversight on my part to not cover down earlier and we have been trying to nail down so many areas in the itinerary and it takes time to get commitment from others in the Nashville scene who are planning events and gigs. I am confident that people will get more than there money's worth with our gathering events and workshops as well as the special guests! Thank you.

Look forward to meeting you in Nashville. Take care.

#228 cntryblues

cntryblues

• Members
  • 952 posts
  • LocationWeston, Mo

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:14 PM

I am not offended... and I was surprised it hadn't happened yet...  Just was wanting to know to plan for as much as possible..

This is tons of work and I so much appreciate all of everyone's efforts..

And there are always bills someone has to pay....  and it is just letting everyone defray the costs so no one gets stuck

with a huge deficit....

Sorry popeye, I wasn't offended...

CB

Limits are Like Fears, OFTEN JUST AN ILLUSION......

L&MG Course   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20

Song Course    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20

Blues Course    1  2  3  4  5  6 

Finger Style       1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   (Yet to Purchase)   :rightacoutsitc: 

#229 dodobird

dodobird

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:21 PM

CB- no offense taken on my part......I just felt bad that we couldn't bring that to the forefront sooner. Your right, it is just defraying the cost of doing business to everyone in attendance. Thanks for understanding. I will be talking with Steve today and we will iron this out! Thanks for your understanding!

#230 dodobird

dodobird

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:38 AM

MOM GATHER UPDATED:

#231 rmorris

rmorris
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:25 AM

I just registered with the hotel, so I am 98.6% guaranteed the wife and I will be there.  Now if I can just remember where that guitar is..........

Really looking forward to seeing everyone.

#232 dodobird

dodobird

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:06 PM

I have been busy working on the River and we are in flood stage, so kind of hectic. I have been quiet while the registration page has been filling up.

Just a quick update........We are "ALL GO" on the Gathering. The schedule is pretty firm and one special quest is still on hold waiting to confirm before we drop a name.

Steve will be sending out a survey to all the registered members and getting data from you to help provide information so we are prepared logistically! He will post this survey as well for late registration members.

The hotel package is shut down. If you are planning to attend, you still might talk to management of the Holiday Inn Express and check on room availability and prices.

If you are driving and bringing equipment other than your guitar....please check the master list and PM me if the equipment list is not accurate. We still need a few music stands if you can throw one in the car or if your from the south, throw it in the truck!

#233 rickrblues

rickrblues

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:18 PM

How soon do we need to get our Namm tickets? What's the latest on getting tickets for our spouse for Thursday evening?

It would be great if Steve and the band that did the Blues Spotlight could do a show. Think we could learn a lot from watching pros work together.

I'm getting really excited. I've been waiting for years for this opportunity. Looking forward to meeting and playing.

Musically yours,
Rick

Learn & Master Guitar: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Song hits: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Blues Spotlight: 1 2 ‚Äč3 4 5 6

Epiphone Les Paul 2002; G&L Legacy 1995; Martin GPCPA4 2014, Traveler Ultra-lite 

#234 dodobird

dodobird

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:31 AM

Hey Rick......talked to Steve last week and Steve should be sending out a survey any day to accumulate numbers of spouses and planned events to get ticket counts. I will call him tomorrow and give him a nudge!

Thank you for the check-in.

#235 dodobird

dodobird

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:10 PM

Just talked to Steve today and he should be sending out a survey to the registered members for additional information and get numbers on tickets we need. This survey will give Steve the information he needs for tickets.

Jack Pearson at the Station does not do reserve tickets or seating, so we will have to arrive at least a hour early and purchase at the door.

Muriel Anderson is taken care of with a block of tickets, just need final number of attendees.

NAMM - just need a final number of attendees.

Music Hall of Fame, just need final number of attendees.

Gibson Factory is not playing ball and responding back. There will be one more attempt this week to get them to cooperate for setting up a tour.

Epiphone is across the street, we will try them and see if they are interested.

#236 dodobird

dodobird

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:01 PM

Steve has sent out his registration Survey. Please fill it out and hit submit. Steve will compline information for our logistical needs, tickets, room size, room setup, equipment, etc......

If you are registered and did not receive a survey. Respond here or PM me and we will get it to you.

#237 dodobird

dodobird

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:55 AM

The registration is at 18 members; Steve has sent out Surveys to get information from each registered member and he is sending out a follow up to the survey to give you an itinerary of the Gathering as well as a registration site for guests to get tickets to the Gathering and ticketed events such as Murial Andersons Guitar Night Out; NAMM; Hall of Fame Private Tour.............

If you do not receive these emails by this Wednesday the 1ST of July that confirms your registration, ask you to register your guest and provide your copy of the itinerary for the Gathering. Please PM me and we will get it corrected ASAP!

Counting down to Wednesday the 8th of July..........8 days remaining!!!

#238 dodobird

dodobird

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:22 AM

Hello all...........7 days and counting!!!!

All registered members should have received an initial survey which acknowledges your registration.

Registered Members should have responded to an email and an opportunity to register your guest.

As a registered member, you should have received an updated itinerary for the Gathering!!!!!

If the answer is yes to all three of these, you are good to go and we will see you in Nashville!

If the answer is NO! Please PM me and we will get it straightened out ASAP!

#239 dodobird

dodobird

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:12 AM

Well- The gathering has come and gone and I am amazed at how fast it went by. I want to thank everyone for all the support, the friendships formed and the great teaching by Steve and guest artists and all of the great musical venues we had the privilege to attend.......what a blast! Thank you for this opportunity, it was a labor of love. I look forward to 2016 Guitar Gathering! I am working on getting my photographs posted. I am working on setting up a drop box. I put a few photos on the gallery.

Special thanks to the following:

Steve- for all his hard work and dedication to music and his music students.
Paulette- for letting Steve spend so much time with and for his students. In other words, to come out and play!
Greg- for his hard work and giving so much time and talent as an outstanding Luthier (Great Beard)
Timothy- a young man who is very professional and talented who ran the video Stream.
Garret- for producing Live Lessons and all you do behind the scenes.
George Gruhn for being home base for Live Lessons and having a great Guitar Store(and lizard!)
Dave for setting up and providing the charity guitar contributions
Reg- who provided the PA Sound System and set-up
All the artists who gave of there time and talents to help as learn music: Steve, Will, Jack, Tim, Dino, Desi. You are al awesome musicians giving back to music in a special way!
All the student members who brought cables, electric cords, music stands, guitars, amps, spouses and themselves...........you are all great friends and I cherish that friendship the most out of this past week....

Gregg C.
Alain V.
Greg V.
Keith M.
Barbara & Dave S.
Mr. & Mrs. Hammy (Steve)
Tom M.
Lora A.
Rick R & Wife
Diane B.
Andy C.
George W.
Darin M.
Mark C.
Dave W.
Lucio

Time to close this thread out and move on to 2016 plans for the next adventure!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users