Photo

App that shows which key to press next ...

Piano

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Frank1000

Frank1000

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:30 PM

Hi,

does someone know abou a simple iPad app that is capable to tell me which key to press next on my piano ?

Something that i can upload a midi file to, and that keeps track of what i'm doing and helps me through the piece.

Basically like someone who stands next to me and tells me which key to press next for the piece i'm playing.

Regards,

Frank

#2 HVTim

HVTim

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:48 PM

Frank,

Progression will display notes on a graphical "keyboard" as MIDI notes are played. I bought it originally for use with guitar. It also shows a guitar fretboard. I haven't used it a lot. It's primarily a music notation app. I think you have to enter the MIDI, either with the screen keyboard, an external keyboard or directly on the score. I have never tried to bring in an external MIDI file, but it might be able to do that.

Edit: I just checked, and Progression does have an "import" function.

Edit 2: I forgot, this app is mainly focussed on guitar. I thought you could display a grand staff, but all I can find is a guitar staff with tablature. It does what you're asking for, but the score won't make sense unless you understand guitar tablature notation.

Tim

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users