• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nichole

Nichole

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, United States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:10 AM

I have a 76 key keyboard. Will this be ok for this course?

#2 Mystery

Mystery

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:54 AM

Hello Nichole,

The number of keys is less important than the "touch" of the keys and the quality and features of the piano/keyboard.  It is important to have or acquire an instrument with graded-weighted key action.  A sustain pedal is also a necessity.

Use the "Search" facility available on most pages of the forums related to the L&M Piano Course to find more recommendations and comments regarding keyboard/piano instruments suitable for use with that course.

Have fun and post any questions, comments and progress reports to the appropriate forums as you move through the course.

Make mellifluous music!

Mystery

#3 Nichole

Nichole

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:41 AM

Thanks. I took the 76 key back and stayed a bit to play a bunch of floor models. Following your suggestions I requested the sales guy show me some. I now have an 88 key graded weight digital piano with pedal. Seems 76 don't have all that. And it was on an after Xmas special for for only $50 more than what I had bought! It was 1/2 off the regular price so yeah! I think I'm ready now!

#4 Mystery

Mystery

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:12 AM

Hello Nichole,

Depending on the make and model of the digital piano to which you upgraded, you likely now have a much better instrument on which to learn and play piano than the 76-key keyboard you returned.  Congratulations!

I and others here look forward to a post of your first recording based on the material in the L&M Piano Course.

Enjoy the learning and playing journey and have fun with all types of music on your new digital piano.

Make mellifluous music!

Mystery

#5 Nichole

Nichole

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:53 AM

Thank you Mystery! Happy new year!

#6 rderoch

rderoch

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:13 AM

I have a 61 key with weighted keys, but just got an 88 key digital piano over the weekend, as he stated in the course that you'll eventually need all 88.  Don't like the stand I got though, so I ordered the one for my model. Unfortunately, it's on backorder.  Hopefully, it comes in soon enough that it doesn't mess up my return of the one I have.

Learn and Master Guitar Done

Learn and Master Blues Guitar 1 2 3 4 5 6

Learn and Master Fingerstyle Guitar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

The Song Hits 1 2 35 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Learn and Master Piano Done

#7 Nichole

Nichole

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:45 AM

I have a 61 key with weighted keys, but just got an 88 key digital piano over the weekend, as he stated in the course that you'll eventually need all 88.  Don't like the stand I got though, so I ordered the one for my model. Unfortunately, it's on backorder.  Hopefully, it comes in soon enough that it doesn't mess up my return of the one I have.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users