• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lindacharlotte

lindacharlotte

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

Hi,

I just joined this forum today, and would like to ask something about the music 'Für Elise'. I am currently practicing 'Für Elise', which I find is not that easy to play, especially the middle phases. I checked the piano courses in the 'Resources' tab, and guess I'm at 5th session at the moment. Please tell me is 5 session learner can play 'Für Elise'? Or maybe further is better?

#2 Mystery

Mystery

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:02 PM

Hello "lindacharlotte,"

Hi,

I just joined this forum today, and would like to ask something about the music 'Für Elise'. I am currently practicing 'Für Elise', which I find is not that easy to play, especially the middle phases. I checked the piano courses in the 'Resources' tab, and guess I'm at 5th session at the moment. Please tell me is 5 session learner can play 'Für Elise'? Or maybe further is better?

A simple arrangement of "Fur Elise" in the key of Am is presented in Session 28 of the L&M Piano Lesson Book.  Suggested fingering is also provided which is generally helpful, but you may find some small variations work better for you depending upon your hand size, finger dexterity, etc.

If  you are just in the very early stages of learning to play piano and have little if any background in music, it is understandable that even the simple arrangement of "Fur Elise" referred to in the preceding paragraph would be very difficult for you to master.  It is possible to achieve that mastery with patience, persistence and a great deal of practice, provided the practice sessions are well structured and focus on discovering and correcting mistakes in reading/recalling the notation, developing good playing techniques and keeping proper timing throughout the piece.

I suggest that you work through the L&M Piano course material in the sequence it is presented, and that you make good use of the Play-along CDs to help develop good timing/rhythm and for having some fun while learning.

If you don't already have the course, I suggest that you purchase the latest full edition directly from Legacy Learning Systems.  I wish you success in achieving your goals related to piano playing.

Make mellifluous music!

Mystery

#3 lindacharlotte

lindacharlotte

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

Hi, thanks for the reply and information. So 'Fur elise' is suitable for learners at 28 session to play? Hmm, that' not so close to my level, maybe that's why I don't feel it easy to play this music, hehe. I saw there are some learning material in the 'Resources' page already, I wonder what is the purchase that you are talking about? Anyway I will take some look at the 'Resources' section again.

#4 Mystery

Mystery

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

Hello "lindacharlotte,"

Click on http://www.learnandmaster.com/

to access information about the L&M Piano Course that I referred to in my earlier post to this thread.

Make mellifluous music!

Mystery

#5 lindacharlotte

lindacharlotte

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

Thanks for the link! i will check the stuff and see if there's anything suits me :)

#6 Mystery

Mystery

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:16 AM

No relevance!  Reported.

#7 nedrahej

nedrahej

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:28 AM

practice your scales in both hands at the same time, chord progression for those scales, go slowly measure by measure for each score you are practicing with

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users