2 replies to this topic

#1 Qi Chi

Qi Chi

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

Hi Will,

How would you best advise a piano student to get over a plateau when learning to play the piano?

It seems that towards the final third of the Learn and Master Piano course it feels much more difficult to feel being ready to move on to the next chapter, perhaps it is a psychological hurdle or does it just take more time to master the final parts of the course? How to move forward and grow as a piano player? :keyboard: :note:  

#2 Will Barrow

Will Barrow

Author: Learn & Master Piano

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

Hey Qi Chi,

Your question about plateaus is a great one. i would say the first thing to do when feeling like you're not getting something,or are "stuck" is to take the elements of the lesson you are on even slower-slow 'em down and break 'em down even more.I would also highly recommend listening to music in the genre[s] being covered in the session-including the suggestions for listening. This helps to connect us to piano stuff that is in the style we're working on,and to inspire us.There will be material in the course that will for some or most be challenging,possibly even unattainable in the short run.The outlines of matery for each session are,to me, rough guides to gauge progress and pacing,but are not meant to be absolute by any means.Finally, make sure to keep playing the stuff you've already learned and to play regularly with the play-along CD's.Hope this helps-happy playing,    Will

#3 Qi Chi

Qi Chi

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

that helps a lot, thanks Will!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users