Extra workshop book?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 marshmallow

marshmallow

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

I have the guitar learn and master series as well.  That one has an extra book of practice exercises which really helps me.  Is there something like that for the piano learn and master series?

#2 BrissieGirl

BrissieGirl

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

Hi MM,

Unfortunately there isn't.  Or if there is I couldn't find it.  LMP seems to be a quite different animal to LMG.  Both good but different approaches.  Cheers.

LMG Sessions On hold at S19. LMP Sesssion 24. Blues Spotlight course in progress (slowly.....).
Fingerstyle course Session 5
Too much gear now to list.....

#3 marshmallow

marshmallow

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

Can anyone recommend a book that has alot of exercises and really helps one to learn how to read music and play scales, etc.

#4 BrissieGirl

BrissieGirl

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

There's an Alfred's Course that some people have used.  Have a look at posts by Clavi - I think he has used it.  Or go to Piano World -Adult Beginners forum and have a hunt through their posts.

LMG Sessions On hold at S19. LMP Sesssion 24. Blues Spotlight course in progress (slowly.....).
Fingerstyle course Session 5
Too much gear now to list.....

#5 wisekat927

wisekat927

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

I took a few lessons as an adult over 20 years ago and used the Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course.  I have been using my old books to supplement the Play and Master Piano.  I just started playing again (forgot everything I learned) and have found the books to be helpful and adding some variety and practice with reading notes.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users