Fingering in Session 3 page 3-3

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 edgarbiii

edgarbiii

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

Hi, I don't know if this has been asked or answered before. I have searched the forums and the search won't look for any word less than three digits, in this case (3). My question is; the left hand numbering on the C-F-G Progression #3 chord shapes on page 3-3 seems to be backwards. Should the LH 1 be 5, LH 4 be 2, and LH 5 be 1?
Thanks. :biggrin1:
Be happy with what you have while you work on what you really want.-Jim Rohn

#2 CSprague

CSprague

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

Not sure I understand the question, the fingering numbers for both the right hand and left hands are the same as identified in Session 1 page 7. Thumb #1 through Pinky #5. The left hand is playing the root note or baseline for the chords C F G. Pinky(5) on C(3) Index(4) on F(3) and Thumb(1) on G. Are you trying to think logically left to right 1 through 5 regardless which hand?

Cliff

#3 sjr2k

sjr2k

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

Your using the first edition lesson book like i am. What i do is check it against the 2nd edition lesson book
here on-line. Go to the top of this page and click on "Resources", then on "Learn & Master Piano Resources"
and finally on "Lesson Book - 2nd Edition". Go to page 12 and you will see that you observation was correct.

L&MP Session 25

Yamaha P-85

#4 Mystery

Mystery

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

Hello "edgarbiii,"

Hi, I don't know if this has been asked or answered before. I have searched the forums and the search won't look for any word less than three digits, in this case (3). My question is; the left hand numbering on the C-F-G Progression #3 chord shapes on page 3-3 seems to be backwards. Should the LH 1 be 5, LH 4 be 2, and LH 5 be 1?
Thanks. :biggrin1:

You are correct! In the "'C-F-G Progression #3' Chord Shapes" graphic on page 3-3 of the 2007 edition of the L&M Piano Lesson Book, the LH fingering should be "5" for the note C, "2" for the note F, and "1" for the note G.

Make mellifluous music!

Mystery

#5 edgarbiii

edgarbiii

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:24 PM

got it thanks.
Be happy with what you have while you work on what you really want.-Jim Rohn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users