• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Deception

Deception

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:19 PM

Hi Guys,

I was just hoping someone could clear something up for me.

In session 14 we are shown a compound arpeggio ( Hotel California) and the chord progression is

|Am | |E | |
|G | |D | |
|F | |C | |
|Dm | |E | |

I was looking to learn this on guitar as well but everywhere where i look or ask they say this is the correct chord progression Bm - F# - A - E - G - D - Em - F#

So my question is, If i wanted to play this on both guitar and piano do i have to change one of the chord progressions so they would match or can i keep them like there are.

Thanks in advance.

Jason.

#2 CSprague

CSprague

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:23 PM

I looked around and found it listed both ways, so I guess it is a matter of which key signature is used.

Cliff

#3 Mystery

Mystery

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:33 PM

Hello Jason (a.k.a. "Deception"),

Hi Guys,

I was just hoping someone could clear something up for me.

In session 14 we are shown a compound arpeggio ( Hotel California) and the chord progression is

|Am | |E | |
|G | |D | |
|F | |C | |
|Dm | |E | |

I was looking to learn this on guitar as well but everywhere where i look or ask they say this is the correct chord progression Bm - F# - A - E - G - D - Em - F#

So my question is, If i wanted to play this on both guitar and piano do i have to change one of the chord progressions so they would match or can i keep them like there are.

Thanks in advance.

Jason.

The two chord progressions mentioned in your post are the same except for the key in which they are played. Will chose to use the simpler key of A-minor (which has the same key signature as for C-major ~ with no flats or sharps) rather than the key of B-minor (which has the same key signature as for D-major ~ with F# and C#). The song can be played in any minor key. If you're planning make a two-track recording of the song played on a piano/keyboard and a guitar, the two instruments should both be in the same key. (Playing one in the key of A-minor and the other in the key of B-minor would sound extremely dissonant!)

Make mellifluous music!

Mystery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users