• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Cindy

Cindy

• Members
  • 5,151 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:49 PM

In this session, Vince explains about Bridge which is the Mac version of file management for Photoshop. The Windows version of Photoshop comes with Organizer. How many Windows users use Organizer, or do you use something else? I've been watching this tutorial on File Management with Organizer and one of the things it mentions is that you must store the photos elsewhere on your computer.

In the Mac version that Vince uses, it looks like he is using transferring pics and setting up folders to his Mac using Bridge...unless I'm not understanding it correctly. So my question is this...how do Windows users transfer the pics to a PC from a card reader? What do you use? How do you set up your folders? Thanks for any info!

By the way, I just saw that they've released Photoshop Elements 10. Wow! I haven't even had #9 long enough to use it! :tongue:

MikeM's File Sharing Site for LMG students
Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art--Leonardo da Vinci

Unofficial Taylor Guitar Forum

#2 greenmatter

greenmatter

• Members
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:39 PM

have you seen the videos on youtube…
http://www.youtube.c...F-8&sa=N&tab=w1
Don't Worry Be Happy!Posted Image:)

#3 Resurrected

Resurrected

Grumpy Old Git

• Members
  • 4,348 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands, United Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:46 PM

You may also like to check out this site http://www.lynda.com...ng/69086-2.html
http://www.re-warwick.co.uk/

Morality is doing right, no matter what you are told.
Religion is doing what you are told, no matter what is right - H. L. Mencken

The blues are the roots; Everything else is the fruits.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

#4 Cindy

Cindy

• Members
  • 5,151 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:45 PM

have you seen the videos on youtube…
http://www.youtube.c...F-8&sa=N&tab=w1

You may also like to check out this site http://www.lynda.com...ng/69086-2.html

Thanks! I will check out both of these! For some reason I just don't think to look over on YouTube for tutorials, but there is probably a ton of info on this! And the lynda.com site looks like it has to offer, too!

MikeM's File Sharing Site for LMG students
Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art--Leonardo da Vinci

Unofficial Taylor Guitar Forum

#5 camerai

camerai

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:18 PM

Greetings --

I too have looked at this with interest. I have Photoshop Elements 8 which frankly has its own learning curve -- and difficult if you don't continually use it. But Elements, with both Organizer and Editor is probably lacking some considerations found in full scale photo organizers only, in its own right. Adobe Bridge appears to be for Apple use only, and I was wondering if there was a really good photo file organizer software for Windows somewhere which I could use before I even work with Elements. I like the idea of the Metadata possibilities, etc. A lot of people on the internet seem to pan Adobe Bridge and find other software more useful. I don't think Photoshop Elements Organizer can approach a speciality software just dealing in photo file management, only.

Camerai (George)

#6 jwenting

jwenting

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:23 AM

Adobe Lightroom is excellent for your purpose, and can integrate PSE as an external editor (as well as I think synchronise with Organiser, but its own management is far superior so you will probably rarely use organiser once you have Lightroom).

It does of course have a learning curve, but Adobe has some excellent (free) tutorials out there and there are commercial training products (courses, books, etc.) from a variety of sources if you want more.
In the frozen land of Nador they were forced to eat Robin's minstrels, and there was much rejoicing.
Dungeon 4 resident banshee

#7 Vince Wallace

Vince Wallace

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 03:41 AM

Hi all, Bridge comes with Adobe Photoshop CS series, while the Organizer is the file management side of Adobe Photoshop Elements - the basic version of PS. Hope that helps clarify, two months later! Merry Christmas!!

#8 beav2u

beav2u

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:28 AM

I use Corel Paint Shop Photo Pro 13 and Paint Shop Pro 14...I have used Paint Shop Pro since version 7 and it was a Jasc Product back then. I really like the Photo Organizer and I love the Editor section. I play in it everyday doing one thing or another. It's pocket friendly and easy to use. Not as many steps to get results you want. (I also have Photo Shop Elements 6.0, Unlead Photo Impact 13 and Corel Painters Essentials 4) HTH Mary :)
Art is long, life is short!

I have always depended on the kindness of strangers. Blanche DuBois

L&M Guitar Session: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

L&M Photography Session 12 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users