Photo

Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Live Lessons!

Live Lesson FAQ

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 47greyfox

47greyfox

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationErie, CO

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

In the Jan 8 lesson, which I couldn't watch live, Steve refers to a number of links that he was asking someone to post. Where do I find these links? and action sheets?

#22 Deogee

Deogee

Learning guitar--one song at a time

• Members
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

http://community.lea...ss/#entry256012

The PDF is in this thread GreyFox
Lord, Help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

#23 pennsylvaniajake

pennsylvaniajake

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationJohnstown PA

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Steve playing the TN Waltz. First of all, wow. I loved that song since I first heard when it came out. All the kids loved it in Pennsylvania.
I have the song hits DVD and book and looked at the song. He does not play it the same way as the book, as far as I can tell. It looks like he is playing some cords with it and I don't know what else.
Can one tell me what he is doing?

thanks

#24 MrC

MrC
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

Does anyone have the problems I have when joining Ustream?

Once on the site and trying to log in I sometimes have get a 2lb  ballpien hammer to type in my log in details.  Once I am on the site it takes about 5 minutes to type in a question containing about 5 words.  By this time the topic has moved on several items, that is unless I use a 5lb sledgehammer to type in the characters.

I am not joking guys and gals.  It only happens on Ustream.

#25 Wyndell

Wyndell

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • LocationMcKinney, TX

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

I have had issues also.  I ended up creating a log in on ustream and using my facebook id and one of them will work to get into ustream and the other to post in the chat room.  It doesnt seem to be consistent in how it acts.

Wyndell

"Its only music, no one will die if you make a mistake, & if you do then do it 3 times & you'll sound like you're playing Jazz....."  -- Slug
"There's no lying with the acoustic guitar. There's something very pure, and very humbling, about it." -- Slash

L&M Guitar Lesson  6
L&M Guitar Bonus Lesson  5 6
L&M The Song Hits  5

L&M Guitar Setup  "Doing my own set-ups and repairs!  Thanks Greg Voros!"

L&M Blues sitting on the desk waiting...

GUITARS- Epiphone Emperor Swingster Royale (Pearl White), Yamaha FD01s, Fender Squire Telecaster, Ibanez Gio set up for slide, several CBG's, Ovation Ukelele

AMPS - Fender Mustang II v.2 amp; Epiphone 15w

PEDALS- Boss BD-2, Boss CH-1, Boss CS-3, Behringer NR300, Ernie Ball VP Jr Volume pedal, Dulop Cry Baby Wah Pedal

#26 Wyndell

Wyndell

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • LocationMcKinney, TX

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

oh and this last week it started me off watching the recording of last weeks but never put me into the new session so I had to restart it.

Wyndell

"Its only music, no one will die if you make a mistake, & if you do then do it 3 times & you'll sound like you're playing Jazz....."  -- Slug
"There's no lying with the acoustic guitar. There's something very pure, and very humbling, about it." -- Slash

L&M Guitar Lesson  6
L&M Guitar Bonus Lesson  5 6
L&M The Song Hits  5

L&M Guitar Setup  "Doing my own set-ups and repairs!  Thanks Greg Voros!"

L&M Blues sitting on the desk waiting...

GUITARS- Epiphone Emperor Swingster Royale (Pearl White), Yamaha FD01s, Fender Squire Telecaster, Ibanez Gio set up for slide, several CBG's, Ovation Ukelele

AMPS - Fender Mustang II v.2 amp; Epiphone 15w

PEDALS- Boss BD-2, Boss CH-1, Boss CS-3, Behringer NR300, Ernie Ball VP Jr Volume pedal, Dulop Cry Baby Wah Pedal

#27 MrC

MrC
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

oh and this last week it started me off watching the recording of last weeks but never put me into the new session so I had to restart it.

And here I was thinking it was me.  I have had this too!  Glad I'm not the only one having problems,  but there must be more than the two of us Wyndell.

#28 Steve Krenz

Steve Krenz

Author: Gibson's Learn & Master Guitar

• Administrators
  • 5,718 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

So sorry for the Ustream troubles.  More than once I have mumbled expletives under my breath at Ustreams quirkiness.  As soon as I can find a better service to do these on, I'll switch.

- Steve 

Making the world a better place - one guitar player at a time.
If playing guitar were easy, everyone would do it. That's why it will always be easier to own an iPod than a Grammy.

SteveKrenz.com
Twitter | Facebook | Guitar Blog

#29 MrC

MrC
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

As soon as I can find a better service to do these on, I'll switch.

- Steve 

I'm glad that you are aware of the problems. Thanks Steve.

#30 MrC

MrC
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

Whats the Facebook page for the live lessons?

#31 Shenandoah

Shenandoah

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationTwin Cities MN

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

I've had no luck whatsoever in attempts to view the available past live lessons.  Using the past lessons link from post #1 and signing into UStream, choosing the video, nothing.  Tried various times and dates without success.  I must be doing something wrong, but haven't cracked the puzzle yet.

#32 Shenandoah

Shenandoah

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationTwin Cities MN

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

As a footnote to the above post, I also was unable to receive last night's broadcast, although I was successful on 5/7 and 5/14.

#33 Shenandoah

Shenandoah

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationTwin Cities MN

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

Please excuse me for posting here consecutively.  I was hoping to get some help or suggestions so I don't miss tomorrow night's lesson as well.  Same with viewing past lessons.  And no, I am not a clueless newbie to computers and/or streaming videos.  :thumbsup:

#34 Muzik Luvah

Muzik Luvah

• Members
  • 391 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

Please excuse me for posting here consecutively.  I was hoping to get some help or suggestions so I don't miss tomorrow night's lesson as well.  Same with viewing past lessons.  And no, I am not a clueless newbie to computers and/or streaming videos.  :thumbsup:

Try this link: http://www.ustream.t...er-live-lessons

That should automatically start playing the most recent lesson shortly after the page opens. There should be box to the right of the video screen with a white background, with the headings, "Videos," "Social Stream," and "Chat." If it isn't already selected, click on "Videos" and there will be a list of videos you can scroll through. At least that's what I'm seeing. Hope that helps.

Martin D-28

Breedlove Oregon Concert
Breedlove J350/CRe
Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster
Fishman Loudbox Artist
Fender Super Champ XD

Psalms 100:1 - Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all the earth!

#35 Gary Less

Gary Less

• Members
  • 3,869 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

Hi shenandoah , take a look at the top of the page in the tool bar bit ,(steves live lessons), click that  

"OH WELL"

#36 Shenandoah

Shenandoah

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationTwin Cities MN

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

Thanks Gary, appreciate the response.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users