Tony

"the mind is like a parachute, it works best when it's open"

#42 BDH

BDH

• Members
  • 908 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Ohio

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:27 PM

With Gibson sponsoring and advertising and hosting weekly lessons, the course is going to take off and in a year or two, the problem is going to be one of how to keep the small intimate atmosphere that Legacy Gathering has today.

Mark, I could not agree more. The intimate nature of the Gathering with easy access to Steve and Greg as well as the guest artists, is one of the biggest benefits.

Also, in talking with Steve at the 2010 Gathering, I asked how he could afford to pull such top talent like Phil Keaggy? Steve smiled and just said... 'well, many of the top names are based here, and since they are only giving up a couple of hours and have no travel, we can get them for about one-tenth what they would normally go for'. I just don't see any way that Legacy could pull the same level of talent in any venue other than Nashville. If they moved it, I would still attend, but it just wouldn't seem right..
Brian

#43 Steve Krenz

Steve Krenz

Author: Gibson's Learn & Master Guitar

• Administrators
  • 5,779 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:27 PM

Wow,

I must admit I'm amazed this thread is still going too. I appreciate all the suggestions. Just keep them positive.

- Steve

CHECK OUT OUR NEW GUITAR FORUM AT GUITARGATHERING.COM/COMMUNITY

Making the world a better place - one guitar player at a time.
If playing guitar were easy, everyone would do it. That's why it will always be easier to own an iPod than a Grammy.

SteveKrenz.com
Twitter | Facebook | Guitar Blog

#44 FloydFanatic

FloydFanatic

Bendaholics Anonymous

• Members
  • 3,092 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:25 AM

1- you didn't suggest a venue.

Err... yes he did suggest a venue. in his very first post he suggested moving the conference to Vegas will be GUARANTEED to save the dwindling attendance. Your other points are well taken though.

I think if bpe4 handn't offered to bet money on the idea and guarantee a lot of takers, it would have been a short forum. Sure has been fun reading! :biggrin1:

A venue is defined as a location, not a city (unless talking about legal matters). The Sands would be a venue, not Vegas. Point taken though, his certain demeanor is what solicited the responses he got.

---> Actually the recession ended the 4th quarter of '09:

Someone's been drinking Obama Kool-Aid if they think this recession is even close to being over... :floydfanatic:
You are young and life is long
And there is time to kill today
And then one day you'll find
Ten years have gone behind you
No one told you when to run
You've missed the starting gun

#45 pacmktg

pacmktg

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationModesto, CA

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:53 PM

I have over 1,200 customers in CA, NV, and AZ and I cannot think of one that would say the recession is over. Most, but not all think we have bottomed out but we have not recovered. That is not what marks the end of a recession in my humble opinion.

Bob
Life is uncertain, eat desert first.
Taylor 214ce

#46 pacmktg

pacmktg

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationModesto, CA

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:53 PM

Oh BTW, stay in Nashville. PLEASE
Life is uncertain, eat desert first.
Taylor 214ce

#47 LouisK

LouisK

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:41 PM

I've already told my wife to plan for a trip to Nashville next summer, "So let it be written, so let it be done"!

Now let's start a new thread nominating guests we'd like to see/hear/jam with....

Seagull S6

Remember when the music came from wooden boxes strung with silver wires.
And as we sang the words would set our minds on fire.
For we believed in things... (Harry Chapin)

session: 12 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 1011 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

#48 fxdpntc

fxdpntc

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationCentral IL

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:18 PM

Nashville.

#49 FloydFanatic

FloydFanatic

Bendaholics Anonymous

• Members
  • 3,092 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:46 PM

I've already told my wife to plan for a trip to Nashville next summer, "So let it be written, so let it be done"!

Now let's start a new thread nominating guests we'd like to see/hear/jam with....

My vote this year is still for David Gilmour... :rightguitar:

I'll even pay for his hotel room!
You are young and life is long
And there is time to kill today
And then one day you'll find
Ten years have gone behind you
No one told you when to run
You've missed the starting gun

#50 Eracer_Team -DougH

Eracer_Team -DougH

More Gear than Playing Tallent

• Validating
  • 7,239 posts
  • Locationhere and there

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:58 PM

We must remember why Adele and Mike M started the first gathering in the first place...

It was to meet our great instructor Steve Krenz !

The whole point in the old forum when this was first brought up; was not to see the sites and sounds of X town, or to do extra bonus workshops with X renowned guitarist..

Plain and simple it was to pay homage of the hard work that Steve (and Gabriel) produced with the LMG series.

The guests that Legacy (and Steve) has included in the subsequent gatherings has been awesome.

I hope the trend continues.

But it is the motivation of Steve on the DVD's for me to continue in attempting to play guitar.

Every year I pencil in at work the LMG Conference (and every year I have to cancel).. but I will make it one year to see Steve (and Paulette)... .
I'll even buy them "thank you" drinks for all their hard work
(Gabriel.. you're included in those drinks too)

I hope that I can attend the 2012..
(but I won't hold my breath until I'm unpacking the gear out of the car and setting up in a workshop)
Eracer_Team (DougH)
Eracer_Team Reverb-Nation Music Site
Eracer_Team Sound-Cloud Music Site

Words of Guitar Wisdom from Steve Krenz

LMG Live Lesson Archive

Access MikeM's LMG Yahoo group here: Mike's Yahoo LMG Support Group Site with Special Group Member Downloads
There are courses corrections of the original manual, charts, music, and guitar pro settings

Download LMG Manual's and Other Useful LMG Files Click Here

Sessions "somewhere between Sessions 8, 9 and 11"

#51 akrose

akrose

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationOrillia, Ontario, Canada

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:29 PM

Just an aside, my wife is keen on going to Nashville and not LV so if finance's are right I am hoping to attend my first Legacy Days next year.
One day I will learn to play a song...

#52 Roof Man

Roof Man

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:05 PM

Did I read somewhere that at a past Gathering attendees went on a tour of the Gibson manufacturing plant in Nashville? If that is not the case, perhaps a tour could be arranged for the 2012 event.

Regards, Don

Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson ES-335, '59 Gibson ES-125, Fender Am Standard Tele, Fender Standard Strat HSS, Rickenbacker 330, Guild GAD40CE, Taylor GS Mini, Traynor YGL-1 tube amp, Vox AC4C1-BL, Yamaha THR10, Boss JS-10.

#53 Tom

Tom

Major Lee Oblivious

• Members
  • 2,952 posts
  • LocationDecatur, IL

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:31 PM

Nope, no Gathering has offered a tour of the Gibson plant.

I think one of the problems with outings like that is transportation. So many people fly in that it is a bit of a chore to get everybody to different locations.

#54 Roof Man

Roof Man

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:29 PM

There are many options for transportation; hiring a bus, car pooling and depending on how far the plant is from the hotel, a taxi. It cetainly would be a great experience and is worth investigating.

Regards, Don

Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson ES-335, '59 Gibson ES-125, Fender Am Standard Tele, Fender Standard Strat HSS, Rickenbacker 330, Guild GAD40CE, Taylor GS Mini, Traynor YGL-1 tube amp, Vox AC4C1-BL, Yamaha THR10, Boss JS-10.

#55 Eracer_Team -DougH

Eracer_Team -DougH

• Validating
  • 7,239 posts
  • Locationhere and there

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:30 PM

Looks like Summer NAMM date has been set
(although hard to find Nashville's dates over the Anaheim show.)

Future Summer Shows
July 12-14, 2012 | July 11-13, 2013

Now just to wait for our fearless leaders at Legacy.

Eracer_Team (DougH)

LMG Live Lesson Archive

Access MikeM's LMG Yahoo group here: Mike's Yahoo LMG Support Group Site with Special Group Member Downloads
There are courses corrections of the original manual, charts, music, and guitar pro settings

#56 Tom

Tom

Major Lee Oblivious

• Members
  • 2,952 posts
  • LocationDecatur, IL

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:50 PM

That week, if I am not mistaken is also the week that CAAS will be scheduled (July 11th-14th). I would have to choose one or the other. Paying for both and splitting time would probably not work too well.

Also, I would kind of question whether Muriel would schedule All-Start Guitar Night on Saturday opposite the the finale concert of the CAAS convention, which she is usually a part of.

On the plus side it would save me at least 4 days of vacation for other trips.

#57 Eracer_Team -DougH

Eracer_Team -DougH

• Validating
  • 7,239 posts
  • Locationhere and there

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:39 PM

:crywarrior:

Every time I bring this subject up to the family .. I get flamed.. :angerwarrior:

not holding my breath for 2012 now :greenmatter:
Eracer_Team (DougH)

LMG Live Lesson Archive

#58 naccoachbob

naccoachbob

• Members
  • 2,191 posts
  • LocationNacogdoches, Tx

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:27 AM

That week, if I am not mistaken is also the week that CAAS will be scheduled (July 11th-14th). I would have to choose one or the other. Paying for both and splitting time would probably not work too well.

Also, I would kind of question whether Muriel would schedule All-Start Guitar Night on Saturday opposite the the finale concert of the CAAS convention, which she is usually a part of.

On the plus side it would save me at least 4 days of vacation for other trips.

Tom, what is CAAS?
Thanks,
Bob

Play well,

Bob

Gear: Lucio Nunez "Balbina" hand crafted Classical Guitar

Jose Ramirez RA-C Classical

Eric Clapton Signature Strat "Blackie"

Les Paul Studio

Self-built Honduran Mahogany/Engelmann Spruce acoustic (in my pic)

Self-built mahogany/Sitka Spruce acoustic

Terada acoustic

MIM HSS Strat

Fender Twin Reverb Amp

#59 Tom

Tom

Major Lee Oblivious

• Members
  • 2,952 posts
  • LocationDecatur, IL

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:33 AM

Chet Atkins Appeciation Society. A great guitar gathering held the second week in July every year in Nashville. If your a fan of fingerstyle it is awesome!

#60 Scratching an itch

Scratching an itch

• Members
  • 1,282 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:30 AM

Ok - admittedly I'm late to the game in this forum, but I am brand new to the Gibson L&MG program. I am starting session 1 this week. So from an ultra - newbie: I just got home from a vacation trip with my wife to Memphis and Nashville. Just about everything we did in both cities was related to the music industry. I am brand new to guitar but have played piano my whole life (I am no longer considered young - especially by my grandkids) and I must say that I was mesmerized by the music history of both cities. I got a whole new level of appreciation for music and motivation to further my music just having been there - walking in the footsteps of giants. I hope to learn more about the Legacy gathering and think I would love to attend. I personally can't think of a cooler place in the world to do it than in Music City USA. This from a guy who LOVES Las Vegas...
One of life's greatest blessings is a true friend.
My grandkids, I think, are God's way of rewarding me for all the stuff I went through raising 4 kids !!!!
Gibson L&MG session 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users