Kent

Welcome Bot

• Members
  • 11,383 posts
  • LocationJELLOLAND

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:59 AM

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories with us. :biggrin:

aka The Jell-O Man, JelloManKent
I once played a cat and got all scratched up. I should have waited until it was made into guitar strings first. :blink:
Jell-O curtains are the best of both worlds. Just don't eat the curtains. :whistle:
Link to Missing Posts of The Legacy Lounge is
http://community.lea...en-mike-lounge/
Link to The Legacy Lounge is
http://community.lea...rch__1#entry322
Link to my CG Art is
http://s1238.photobu...Works/CG%20Art/
Guest Password is JelloManKent
Link to my Oil Paint Art is
http://s1238.photobu...rk in progress/
Guest Password is JelloManKent

Link to my Recordings is

https://soundcloud.com/jellomankent

#42 Lucas

Lucas

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:05 PM

I think you forgot #7

7. Having Tom sign up for the showcase even later than I did making him the last solo performer instead of me.

:)

Yes, that was a big relief Tom! Although, I had a whole "spiel" worked out talking about being last. You were a proper send off though, good stuff!

#43 Lucas

Lucas

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:08 PM

If those who where unable to be at the gathering have not guessed yet, it is THE place to make real connections:
1- with Steve: you have to meet this humble man and inspiring teacher.
2- with other guitarist, some young enough to be my grandkids who have the same joy of music.
3- with new special friends
4- with your guitar and the art of music.

by the way, Lucas will appreciate this next comment.

THANKS A LOT DARIN! I did my service at the seniors home this morning, brought my signed guitar to tell the story of the gathering. I had a hard time concentrating BECAUSE I KEPT LOOKING AT THEIR FEET.( private joke)

Hilarity! That story from Darin I will never forget!

#44 Thaddeus

Thaddeus

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:40 AM

Oh yeah and check this out. I asked Art saturday morning to play with me on one of the solo performance pieces. He asked me two questions. "Do you want to practice it before we perform?" To which I said "NO" and secondly, he said "what chords are in it?" To which I replied "E B and A". I can't believe he just got up on that stage, and without having any practice, busted out a sweet accompaniment to I'm A Woman. Art rocks!

Thank you so much for those kind words, I could not have played as I did without your STRONG lead. I was simply following you.

Finally- My new hat kicks *****! I would have gone to the mat to get this hat, thank you JH!

Karen Pollick

You do make that hat look good , don't you. :whistling:

Ok, What did I take away from the gathering, both the good and the bad.

SO many positive things!
Steve, A pleasure to meet you and to learn that you are not just a "personality" on the instructional disks. The contaigious passion you have for music and teaching is a shining example to us all.
Thank you for your hard work to put this event together.

Dino, Playing next to you onstage, WOW, the first time i play with a live band, to be playing with world class musicians.

Martin Taylor, I don't know how to play any fingerstyle, and Jazz guitar is not high on my list of favorite styles. However your discussion of Musicality, (is that even a word), and the intelectual process of creating music verses the mechanical process of playing music echos my own thoughts on the matter. I cannot count the number of blank stares I have gotten when trying to describe the Color or Shape of the "Music in my head". I was a pleasure to learn that I am not the only person who thinks on music in these terms.

One person with a passion for a thing can make great thing happen. We had more than 50 people, all sharing the same passion for music and playing guitar. The whole atmosphere was electric!

But by far the Most positive thing I got from the gathering was the oportunity to play and interact with Like minded people. I was great jamming with John and Jeff into the wee hours.

The Ensembles were amazing even if my performance was lackluster. The disipline of attempting to learn a specified piece played in a specific manner was just what I needede at the time. Learning the Beatles tunes was incredibly helpfull to my efforts to learn the bass.

The only downside, to my mind , was that I was unwilling to give up jamming and playing at the hotel to experience the Nashvill nightlife.

I can't wait untill next year.

ATK

#45 rszoke

rszoke

• Members
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:12 AM

Sorry that I wasn't here to offer my thoughts on the Gathering. I left the gathering, stopped by my house to survey damages < more then expected: but glad the hat has a home Karen>, and then continued on to Boy Scout camp in time for a nice/horrible thunderstorm. After my lovely week in Nashville, a week of fleas, mosquitos and poison ivy with the boys was fantastic... two weeks of doing what I enjoy. There is no doubt in my mind that next year I will be at the Gathering, fumbling my way through the ensemble songs... started saving up my money already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users