Photo

Johnny Hiland is coming to the Guitar Gathering!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Krenz

Steve Krenz

Author: Gibson's Learn & Master Guitar

• Administrators
  • 5,779 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:37 PM

Johnny Hiland and his Band are coming to the Guitar Gathering!!

Well,

It's official. I just got off the phone with Johnny Hiland and with a little juggling of his schedule and ours he and his band our going to be with us for the Guitar Gathering!!!!!!!

Johnny is excited to be back with us again. For those of you who were with us the last time Johnny Hiland was with us two years ago, he was incredible!

He was scheduled to be out of town but he rearranged his schedule in order to try to be with us for Thursday morning June 23rd. So, here is your chance to catch one of the best guitar players on the planet give a private masterclass. Think what you could learn.

Here's a few Johnny Hiland videos to get you warmed up...

So the big question is...

Johnny Hiland and his band are coming to the Guitar Gathering!!

Rick Vito (Fleetwood Mac, Bob Seger) is coming to the Guitar Gathering!!

Russ Barenberg (Flatpicking guitarist extraordinnaire) & his trio are coming to the Guitar Gathering!

Will McFarlane (Bonnie Raitt, James Taylor, Musicians Hall of Fame) is coming to the Guitar Gathering!

Vince Gill show at the historic Ryman Auditorium is part of the Guitar Gathering!

Are you going to be there?

GUITAR GATHERING 2011 MORE INFO

- Steve

CHECK OUT OUR NEW GUITAR FORUM AT GUITARGATHERING.COM/COMMUNITY

Making the world a better place - one guitar player at a time.
If playing guitar were easy, everyone would do it. That's why it will always be easier to own an iPod than a Grammy.

SteveKrenz.com
Twitter | Facebook | Guitar Blog

#2 Tony Lane

Tony Lane

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationFairfax Station, VA

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:36 PM

That is fantastic news Steve. I am looking forward to seeing him, you and everyone else.

Tony

#3 Tom

Tom

Major Lee Oblivious

• Members
  • 2,952 posts
  • LocationDecatur, IL

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:08 PM

Awesome. I was not as thrilled with the lineup as I have been in the past, especially after Pete's cancellation, but this just got me excited again. Johnny is great and I am very much looking forward to seeing him again.

#4 Stargazer55

Stargazer55

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  • LocationEastern, PA

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:53 PM

Thanks, Steve! :happywarrior:
"Criticism is necessary and useful; it is often indispensable; but it can never take the place of action, or be even a poor substitute for it. The function of the mere critic is of very subordinate usefulness. It is the doer of deeds who actually counts in the battle for life, and not the man who looks on and says how the fight ought to be fought, without himself sharing the stress and the danger." Teddy Roosevelt(1894)

#5 BDH

BDH

• Members
  • 908 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Ohio

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:39 PM

GREAT NEWS!!!! :happywarrior: And yes, I will be there (although there could be a last minute issue at work that might be an issue, but I'm just going to keep thinking positive thoughts)....
Brian

#6 John B

John B

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • LocationVermont, USA

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:12 PM

Woo Hoo!!! Thanks Steve! Awesome lineup and great news about Johnny coming!!! :surprisedwarrior:
John B
Repeating course with Bonus DVD's

#7 BrianMcG321

BrianMcG321

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:15 AM

Unfortunately me and the wife have a big Saturday lined up that weekend. We are going to Home Depot and pick out some new tile. Then we are going to Bed, Bath and Beyond later but I don't know if we will have the time.

:)
-Becoming a good guitar player is HARD work. It takes A LONG TIME. To those that are dedicated and put in the required effort, it is WELL WORTH IT. GET OVER IT!- FloydFanatic 22NOV2010

#8 rowdyy

rowdyy

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationBonham, TX

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:21 AM

Wish I could come Steve, but I just not able to swing it this year. I'm hoping for 2012.

Bryan Yates

Ovation idea acoustic electric/Ephiphone Masterbilt EF500RCCE/Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute Worn Honey burst/VOX AC15VR/VOX Tonelab ST
Currently Working in Session 17 LMG
Currently Working in Session 3 LMG Fingerstyle
Currently Playing Christmas songs

Non-LMG Flatpicking Essentials Vol 1 Flatpick.com

Sing to him a new song, play skillfully with a shout of Joy

#9 Kent

Kent

Welcome Bot

• Members
  • 11,383 posts
  • LocationJELLOLAND

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:12 AM

Cool :cool:

aka The Jell-O Man, JelloManKent
I once played a cat and got all scratched up. I should have waited until it was made into guitar strings first. :blink:
Jell-O curtains are the best of both worlds. Just don't eat the curtains. :whistle:
Link to Missing Posts of The Legacy Lounge is
http://community.lea...en-mike-lounge/
Link to The Legacy Lounge is
http://community.lea...rch__1#entry322
Link to my CG Art is
http://s1238.photobu...Works/CG%20Art/
Guest Password is JelloManKent
Link to my Oil Paint Art is
http://s1238.photobu...rk in progress/
Guest Password is JelloManKent

Link to my Recordings is

https://soundcloud.com/jellomankent

#10 colder

colder

• Validating
  • 674 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:00 PM

Great!

As soon as you know, could you put him on the schedule? I think I requested a class that's on Thursday morning... I'd hate to miss Johnny.

#11 Tom

Tom

Major Lee Oblivious

• Members
  • 2,952 posts
  • LocationDecatur, IL

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:32 PM

Great!

As soon as you know, could you put him on the schedule? I think I requested a class that's on Thursday morning... I'd hate to miss Johnny.

In the past, if I remember correctly), Steve has not had other things scheduled during Artist Master classes.

My guitar setups are at that time though and I usually like to watch Greg work on my own guitars. Oh, who am I kidding I enjoy watching and listening to Greg when he works on anyone's guitar.

#12 CapM

CapM

• Validating
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:44 PM

I downloaded Johnny's first two CD's and have been listening. I assume that after his master class that we will all be able to play like him, right? At least that is what I am expecting. :)

#13 CapM

CapM

• Validating
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:19 PM

I am really enjoying his two CD's. His music is fairly eclectic - mixtures of country (chickin' pickin'), rock (Joe Satriani type stuff), and blues. In all cases, his playing is so pure. Although he is lightening fast, you can hear every note of every scale when he plays. I can't wait to meet him at the Gathering!

#14 Tom

Tom

Major Lee Oblivious

• Members
  • 2,952 posts
  • LocationDecatur, IL

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:12 PM

I am listening to Loud and Proud right now getting myself in the mood for next week.

#15 BDH

BDH

• Members
  • 908 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Ohio

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:15 PM

Loud and Proud

+100
Brian

#16 CapM

CapM

• Validating
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:29 PM

"All Fired Up" - Johnny's new CD is out today! Just downloaded on iTunes $11.88. Now I'm all fired up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users