32 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Krenz

Steve Krenz

Author: Gibson's Learn & Master Guitar

• Administrators
  • 5,779 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:20 PM

Here's the page to register for the conference.

GUITAR GATHERING 2011 REGISTRATION PAGE

We negotiated a rate with the new hotel of $109/night for our guests. So when you are making reservations at the hotel mention the "Legacy Guitar Conference" and you should get our special rate.

Our special guests this year are going to be Master Fingerstyle Guitarist Pete Huttlinger and Rick Vito from Fleetwood Mac.

Plus we are adding a lot more ensembles so that everyone can get plenty of opportunities to play and learn.

It's going to be a great time.

(Just confirmed Rick Vito to be a guest again this year. Woohoo!)

- Steve

CHECK OUT OUR NEW GUITAR FORUM AT GUITARGATHERING.COM/COMMUNITY

Making the world a better place - one guitar player at a time.
If playing guitar were easy, everyone would do it. That's why it will always be easier to own an iPod than a Grammy.

SteveKrenz.com
Twitter | Facebook | Guitar Blog

#2 Steve Krenz

Steve Krenz

• Administrators
  • 5,779 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:24 PM

And, yes, we did raise the early registration conference price $50. The downtown hotel within walking distance of everything was a bit more expensive for us. But I'm pleased that we moved there. From this new hotel you are a few blocks from Gruhn's Guitars, Country Music Hall of Fame, BB Kings Club, Ryman Auditorium, and Nashville's famous lower broadway district of clubs. I felt it was worth it.

See you there!

- Steve

If playing guitar were easy, everyone would do it. That's why it will always be easier to own an iPod than a Grammy.

SteveKrenz.com

#3 J45

J45

• Members
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationVirginia USA

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:37 PM

Registered for my wife & myself Steve, thanks.
Greg
Gibson J45 Custom, Larrivee L-03R Acoustic; Fender American Standard Strat; Fender Blacktop Tele; Fender 52' Vintage Hot Rod Tele; Fender Super Sonic 22; Fender Mustang II Amp; Ultrasound AG-30 Acoustic Amp; Roland RD-700NX Digital Piano; Nikon D7000 DSLR

May You Be In Heaven A Half Hour Before The Devil Knows You're Dead...

#4 markdelaware

markdelaware

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationDela -- where???

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:25 PM

Awesome Steve!

I am registering now in faith that I will be on two feet and able to play again (near fatal motorcycle crash July 31st but God is healing me).

It was just too much fun last year to chance missing everyone.

I see you lined it up again with NAMM. I loved the Sunday visit there too though I missed our picnic. Please let us know if NAMM is going to open up again to general public on the last day.

#5 Steve Krenz

Steve Krenz

• Administrators
  • 5,779 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:02 PM

Mark,

As much as we tried, NAMM moved their conference so we are not on the same weekend as NAMM this year. This was no fault of our own. I tried as hard as I could to nail down NAMM way back last fall on when they were going to have their conference and it was still up in the air. They told me it would be the week of June 22, so I put our conference there and booked the hotel. And then I find a month or so later that they moved NAMM to July.

So, no NAMM this year. But we've got some other things up our sleeves...

- Steve

SteveKrenz.com

#6 DONAL

DONAL

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:52 PM

What is the deadline for registration for this? I am not able to travel at this time, and not sure when or IF I will be able to travel, I would really like to attend if I can but I dont know when I will find out if I can or not?

Allen D Rude

#7 Patrick Vesperman

Patrick Vesperman

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:21 PM

What is the deadline for registration for this? I am not able to travel at this time, and not sure when or IF I will be able to travel, I would really like to attend if I can but I dont know when I will find out if I can or not?

You can receive the early-bird pricing until May 21. The price increases $100 after that date. You can register up to the actual event, including registering at Guitar Gathering if you are a real procrastinator :)

#8 DONAL

DONAL

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:36 AM

Thanks, Mainly I am not sure when the Doctors will give me the OK to travel, right now I am a prisoner in my own house basically. Thank God for Gibson L&M and Gibson Studio LP!!!
Allen D Rude

#9 markdelaware

markdelaware

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationDela -- where???

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:14 AM

Steve,

Thanks for the update on NAMM. I have mixed feelings about it. NAMM was a great experience but it also cost me a bunch of money as too many new toys jumped in my bag.

#10 Eracer_Team -DougH

Eracer_Team -DougH

More Gear than Playing Tallent

• Validating
  • 7,239 posts
  • Locationhere and there

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

Oh bummer on that July thing.. I'm getting a lot of flack on the June dates.. July would have been perfect; right where I always take vacation dates.
Still working on this.. won't count myself out until the conference has passed just like every other year.
Eracer_Team (DougH)
Eracer_Team Reverb-Nation Music Site
Eracer_Team Sound-Cloud Music Site

Words of Guitar Wisdom from Steve Krenz

LMG Live Lesson Archive

Access MikeM's LMG Yahoo group here: Mike's Yahoo LMG Support Group Site with Special Group Member Downloads
There are courses corrections of the original manual, charts, music, and guitar pro settings

Download LMG Manual's and Other Useful LMG Files Click Here

Sessions "somewhere between Sessions 8, 9 and 11"

#11 intrawebs

intrawebs

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:21 AM

Looking forward to it. All the way from Ottawa, Canada! Only thing is I may cut it short as I plan on going to Raleigh to see Keith Urban (June 25th). Anyone know what the roads are like going from Nashville to Raleigh?

#12 Steve Krenz

Steve Krenz

• Administrators
  • 5,779 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:04 PM

Welcome intrawebs!,

Thanks for posting. I look forward to meeting you in June. It's going to be a great time.

Nashville to Raleigh, NC is about 580 miles (8 or 9 hours). It's a bit of a drive and you will be going over the Smoky Mountains so there will be a few mountain areas you will go through. It's highway all the way though.

- Steve

SteveKrenz.com

#13 intrawebs

intrawebs

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:07 PM

Welcome intrawebs!,

Thanks for posting. I look forward to meeting you in June. It's going to be a great time.

Nashville to Raleigh, NC is about 580 miles (8 or 9 hours). It's a bit of a drive and you will be going over the Smoky Mountains so there will be a few mountain areas you will go through. It's highway all the way though.

- Steve

Thanks for the information.

So looks like we will skip the KU concert in Raleigh as he will be coming to Ottawa in September, but my godchild and I are definitely coming to the gathering. We haven't registered yet, just have some logistics to take care of. I wonder if we will be the only Canadiens there hey?

#14 Jscott

Jscott

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill, NC

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:15 PM

Hey Intrawebs, I lived in Nashville for 20 years before moving to the Raleigh area a few years ago. One thing you may consider is that Southwest Airlines has a direct flight (jet service, round trip) from Nashville to Raleigh for around $180 (maybe more by now, I haven't made the trip for a couple of years) which takes an hour flight time. Fly in, the RBC center is about a two mile cab ride from the airport, hotels all around, fly back the next morning, just sayin.....
Jscott

#15 FloydFanatic

FloydFanatic

Bendaholics Anonymous

• Members
  • 3,092 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:18 PM

Still unsure if I can make it this year... have a new lady and we may be taking a trip to Cancun that will drain my vacation funds.

If I can't be there, I wish you all well! It's a blast, if you haven't gone I highly recommend it! :electricguitar:
You are young and life is long
And there is time to kill today
And then one day you'll find
Ten years have gone behind you
No one told you when to run
You've missed the starting gun

#16 Jscott

Jscott

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:27 PM

Try to talk her in Dollywood. It's right on the way. : )
Jscott

#17 Jscott

Jscott

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:28 PM

That's talk her INTO Dollywood.....
Jscott

#18 Lacks Focus

Lacks Focus

• Members
  • 3,027 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:31 PM

I think I'm going to have to officially bow out of this year's gathering. We just got our health insurance renewal rates, and as I'd feared, mine went up 50%, and it was astronomical to begin with. There's almost no discretionary income any more. Sorry, gang.
Craig in Indy

#19 BDH

BDH

• Members
  • 908 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Ohio

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:45 PM

I think I'm going to have to officially bow out of this year's gathering.

Well, this is a major bummer! Really enjoyed meeting you last year and was looking forward to catching up again and hopefully playing some music together. Let's plan on 2012!!!
Brian

#20 J45

J45

• Members
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationVirginia USA

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:38 AM

Sorry to hear that Craig...maybe next year..
Greg
Gibson J45 Custom, Larrivee L-03R Acoustic; Fender American Standard Strat; Fender Blacktop Tele; Fender 52' Vintage Hot Rod Tele; Fender Super Sonic 22; Fender Mustang II Amp; Ultrasound AG-30 Acoustic Amp; Roland RD-700NX Digital Piano; Nikon D7000 DSLR

May You Be In Heaven A Half Hour Before The Devil Knows You're Dead...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users