#21 LMG Guitar Nut

LMG Guitar Nut

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:55 PM

Steve

Its time to delete or edit this post

There is no profile buttons anymore

All one has to do is go to the break out of each Session and look there for the Road Side Assistance Video

#22 Crossroads

Crossroads

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:04 PM

Steve

Its time to delete or edit this post

There is no profile buttons anymore

All one has to do is go to the break out of each Session and look there for the Road Side Assistance Video

Do you mean in the specific Learn & Master Guitar Specific Session Questions?

I have been looking for the Roadside Assistance videos and can't seem to find them.

Thanks for any help.

L&MG: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Gibson SG '61 Reissue

Epiphone ES-335 Pro

Fender Blues Jr. Limited Edition

Martin D-1

#23 Crossroads

Crossroads

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:16 PM

Ah, I was looking for Session 6.  It is together with Session 5.

L&MG: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Gibson SG '61 Reissue

Epiphone ES-335 Pro

Fender Blues Jr. Limited Edition

Martin D-1

#24 Gy Kern

Gy Kern

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:04 PM

I am dead in the water and my motivation is also dead. I really want to learn guitar but I just don't know how to stay motivated. I can't even play any songs yet. I just don't know what to do to stay on track!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#25 quilter1958

quilter1958

• Members
  • 4,150 posts
  • LocationSanford, Florida

Posted 27 December 2014 - 12:22 AM

I am dead in the water and my
motivation is also dead. I really want to learn guitar but I just don't know how to stay motivated. I can't even play any songs yet. I just don't know what to do to stay on track!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you in the course? Did you think learning to play an instrument would be easy? Learning to play takes consistent practice and patience.

Sherry

L & M G: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

L&MG The Song Hits: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

#26 HowlingCoyote

HowlingCoyote

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:23 AM

I am dead in the water and my motivation is also dead. I really want to learn guitar but I just don't know how to stay motivated. I can't even play any songs yet. I just don't know what to do to stay on track!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gy,

Maybe it's the time of year for a bit of soul searching. Why not ask yourself "why" you want to play guitar. Perhaps the answer to that will act as motivation. I'd also like to suggest a short little book entitle, "FIRST, Learn to Practice" by Tom Heany.  It's a very "informal" book, with -- I think -- lots of great advice. The whole book is filled with some very solid advice, but right now I'd suggest you pay special attention to what he calls THE FIRST BIG IDEA: If you're not enjoying your practicing, change it until you are." (I hope that wasn't a copyright violation) :biggrin:

Best of luck to you. As Steve has said, if it were easy we'd all have Grammy's on our mantel. (or something like that, anyway).

Sessions: 1 2 3 4 5 6 78 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

#27 'Ning

'Ning

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:20 AM

AS HC said so I did ... and was it hard putting that first big idea into practice.

To Gy, make building a repertoire of songs you know and love your first priority.  That means the first thing you practice are the skills necessary to play the songs and the last thing you practice are the songs.  In between devote time to GL&MG. If that doesn't motivate you reconsider your choices, repertoire, instrument, music in general, etc.

#28 Gy Kern

Gy Kern

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:30 PM

Hi Guys, I am a musician and currently play the piano, violin, great highland bagpipes, Scottish small pipes. I was a professional singer (classically trained) for more than 10 years. I know what it takes to learn and instrument and trusts me when I tell you that I love the acoustic guitar. I am at the beginning of the courses. I pick up my guitar and strum every chord that I know. That's about it at the moment. For some reason guitar is harder for me to learn than the other instruments that I play. Not really sure why. I need to make practice more enjoyable. My wife enjoy it when play it. Kind of funny considering I'm only playing chords. Lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users