• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 J45

J45

• Members
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationVirginia USA

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:20 PM

Hey Will any chance of a follow up course to this piano course. Would love to see one as I'm sure alot of others would too.
Greg
Gibson J45 Custom, Larrivee L-03R Acoustic; Fender American Standard Strat; Fender Blacktop Tele; Fender 52' Vintage Hot Rod Tele; Fender Super Sonic 22; Fender Mustang II Amp; Ultrasound AG-30 Acoustic Amp; Roland RD-700NX Digital Piano; Nikon D7000 DSLR

May You Be In Heaven A Half Hour Before The Devil Knows You're Dead...

#2 Yusuf105

Yusuf105

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationEssex. England.

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:50 PM

I second that.
YUSUF
MUSIC MAKES THE WORLD GO AROUND
Yamaha YPD-161 'Arius'.
Fender Jazz Bass Guitar
Trevor James Tenor Saxophone
'D' Irish Whistle

#3 Will Barrow

Will Barrow

Author: Learn & Master Piano

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:49 PM

Hey Will any chance of a follow up course to this piano course. Would love to see one as I'm sure alot of others would too.

Hey Greg and Yusuf,
There's always a possibility of a follow up piano course....Nothing in the works as of now-I guess it would depend on the amount of demand.Then we'd have to determine the approach of course #2-it would probably further expound on concepts of course #1-with new tunes,progressions etc.,rather than going to more advanced concepts of improv,really advanced technique,etc....Maybe at some point we could take a poll of existing users to determine issues of demand and possible content for a course 2.Hope you're enjoying the first one....Happy playing, Will

#4 Kent

Kent

Welcome Bot

• Members
  • 11,383 posts
  • LocationJELLOLAND

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:54 AM

Welcome :biggrin: to the new forum Will.

aka The Jell-O Man, JelloManKent
I once played a cat and got all scratched up. I should have waited until it was made into guitar strings first. :blink:
Jell-O curtains are the best of both worlds. Just don't eat the curtains. :whistle:
Link to Missing Posts of The Legacy Lounge is
http://community.lea...en-mike-lounge/
Link to The Legacy Lounge is
http://community.lea...rch__1#entry322
Link to my CG Art is
http://s1238.photobu...Works/CG%20Art/
Guest Password is JelloManKent
Link to my Oil Paint Art is
http://s1238.photobu...rk in progress/
Guest Password is JelloManKent

Link to my Recordings is

https://soundcloud.com/jellomankent

#5 Yusuf105

Yusuf105

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationEssex. England.

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:36 AM

Hey Greg and Yusuf,
There's always a possibility of a follow up piano course....Nothing in the works as of now-I guess it would depend on the amount of demand.Then we'd have to determine the approach of course #2-it would probably further expound on concepts of course #1-with new tunes,progressions etc.,rather than going to more advanced concepts of improv,really advanced technique,etc....Maybe at some point we could take a poll of existing users to determine issues of demand and possible content for a course 2.Hope you're enjoying the first one....Happy playing, Will

Hi Will,
Yes,I,m really enjoying the course and have learnt an awful lot. I,m glad I purchased the course.
I was thinking about the request for a follow up course (LMP2). A possible alternative would not to produce a full course but to produce a series of DVDs showing approaches to playing various genres of music. For example:-'Learn & Master Blues Piano',Learn & Master Ballads@, Learn & Master Latin Rythms', Learn & Master Rock',etc.
They could be produced on single or double DVDs with a selection of tunes played slowly with tips & explanations of how to approach each tune.Or something along those lines.
I think that after completing the basic LMP course students would appreciate a method of playing music of thier choice with guidance.
The production of such DVDs could be produced over a period of time. Being on a single or double DVD they would be quicker and cheaper to produce. Students would have a choice of styles to practice at a lower cost than purchasing a full follow up course.
Of course, I'm just throwing out ideas. I realize that you are a busy person with plenty of commitments and may not have the inclination or time to produce anything further.
I would be interested on your views ,however.
Regards
Yusuf.
YUSUF
MUSIC MAKES THE WORLD GO AROUND
Yamaha YPD-161 'Arius'.
Fender Jazz Bass Guitar
Trevor James Tenor Saxophone
'D' Irish Whistle

#6 J45

J45

• Members
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationVirginia USA

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:41 PM

Some great ideas there Yusuf
Greg
Gibson J45 Custom, Larrivee L-03R Acoustic; Fender American Standard Strat; Fender Blacktop Tele; Fender 52' Vintage Hot Rod Tele; Fender Super Sonic 22; Fender Mustang II Amp; Ultrasound AG-30 Acoustic Amp; Roland RD-700NX Digital Piano; Nikon D7000 DSLR

May You Be In Heaven A Half Hour Before The Devil Knows You're Dead...

#7 woody9wood

woody9wood

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:31 PM

Excellent ideas. I totally agree. Spotlight series for the various flavors.
Woody
_______
LMG - Session 10 - Somewhere around here
LMP - Sesson 11 - Hoping to not be stuck in Let It Be too long

#8 Will Barrow

Will Barrow

Author: Learn & Master Piano

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:46 PM

Yeah Yusef -great ideas for a follow up.I'll make sure the powers that be are aware of them.Thanks for your input, Will

#9 kurtoneill

kurtoneill

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationPasadena, MD

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:33 AM

Another suggestion would be able to plug your keyboard into a computer and have the course/computer grade your playback of the learned music. Garageband does this on my Apple but the course isn't as good as Will's teachings. I think you really could get accuracy of note striking and timing down much easier as if Will was sitting in your house critiquing what he heard being played back with his ear. This could be done with the guitar course as well. Even an update to the original course to add this feature and I would buy it in a second.

Kurt

#10 sjr2k

sjr2k

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

I just noticed Steve Krenz has a companion course called “Learn & Master Guitar: The Song Hits”

where he teaches how to play some of the more popular songs. It would be great if Will hosted a course

like that. “Learn & Master Piano: The Song Hits”. Shouldn’t be as difficult as creating a second more

advanced course, and would be a lot of fun to follow Will’s instruction and learn some classic and

modern songs.

L&MP Session 25

Yamaha P-85

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users