Art Supplies

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nannasfolly

nannasfolly
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:39 AM

:D HAPPY TO HELP I love to save money so I can buy more and more. Sooooo many bargains sooooo little time...

#2 Softedges

Softedges

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:26 AM

Thanks for the recommendation to use ASW. I ordered a few things with regular 6.95 shipping and the order arrived at my house in two days! They offer that if you can find an item cheaper on the www, they will beat that price. I tried and could not find a cheaper price on any item. On most items they matched or were lower than any other art supply site I tried. And $6.95 shipping for any size order is next to impossible to beat. Soooo, I am very pleased with them and will use them again. Thanks again for the recommendation!
Softedges

#3 nannasfolly

nannasfolly
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:12 AM

You are welcome. If you get on their mailing list you hear about all their sales. Right now they have their canvas on sale.

#4 MarthaT

MarthaT

• Members
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:26 PM

Thanks
Posted Image

#5 nannasfolly

nannasfolly
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:57 PM

I have excellent luck with www.aswexpress.com. Art Supply Warehouse is the name. They have guaranteed low prices on the best paints and the shipping is one price no matter what you order.

#6 dorianvincent

dorianvincent

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

Wanted to add some input here. ASW had one of their 2 stores in my hometown (Norwalk, CT) and it was fantastic to shop in (ALL the toys!). They sold that store, and the Providence, RI, to Jerry's Artarama. I've shopped their online site for over 10 years so when it came time to buy the supplies for the course I put together a cart of what I needed - not everything on the list, just the brushes and canvas panels (I already had everything else. ASW total was $170.09 with the 32.49 shipping fee - this represents a $54 savings as I added their "membership" at $59.95 - figured I'd be buying more at some point so why not. I already have an Art Star membership at MrArt.com and the same order (plus the acrylic gray) came out to $103.54 which includes $24.98 for expedited shipping. I don't remember what the Art Star membership costs, but wanted to throw this up here as an added resource for everyone. Paying normal shipping, ASW (in NC I think) does ship more quickly than Mr Art (in TX) - to both NM and now AZ, but if you aren't in a rush it may be worth checking out their prices the next time you're ordering supplies. Happy painting!

#7 Gayle Levee

Gayle Levee

Author: Learn & Master Painting

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • LocationNashville Tennessee

Posted 05 October 2014 - 01:17 AM

Great thread. I want to add this to it: I have a close relationship with the people at Plaza in Nashville. You can shop online, they'll ship internationally and will match anyone's price. It's where I get my art supplies, and when L&M was offering a supply kit they had Plaza make it up for them.  You may want to check it out along with the others you're looking at. http://www.plazaart.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users