#1 Steve Krenz

Steve Krenz

Author: Gibson's Learn & Master Guitar

• Administrators
  • 5,779 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:34 PM

Hello all,

I hope you are all doing well. I wanted to let you know that we have been working behind the scenes to update our discussion boards.

We’ve been working with our computer team to update from the older discussion board that we currently use to one with much more functionality. It's going to be a great "extreme makeover" for our board that has been long overdue.

I’m fully expecting there to be unforeseen problems during this transition but I wanted to let you know of how it will affect you and the discussion board. After the transition it should be a tremendous improvement.

Here are a couple of questions you might have.

Will the posts from the old board be on the new board? YES
My utmost concern has been that the posts, threads, and organization from the old board will be transferred to the new board. I have been assured this will be the case.

Does everyone, including me, need to re-register, new screen names, avatars, passwords and the like? NO
They tell me that all of the old accounts can be transferred to the new board. You should not need to re-register or anything. If everything works as it should, you should still have your same login name, picture, and password.

What about the current community site and all of its member profiles, blog posts, music, and video? THE CURRENT COMMUNITY SITE WILL BE DELETED
There are two parts to the current forum – the community site, and the discussion boards. The new discussion board has the capability to do all of the functions of the old community site, like member profiles, music, video, blogs and the like.

BUT ALL OF THE OLD MATERIAL ON THE CURRENT COMMUNITY SITE WILL BE LOST AFTER THIS TRANSITION.
If you have pictures, music, or videos currently on the old community side of the forums, then you need to make sure those are backed up so you don’t lose any information. Anything on the discussion board side (posts, threads, topics) will all make the transition. It’s only the community site that will be no longer needed.

When is all this going to take place? Sunday Oct 24th through Wednesday October 27th.
At 6:00pm Central Time US on Sunday October 24th, the current board will be closed and it will reopen for business at Noon Central Time US on Wednesday October 27th.

Discussion board programs have come a long way since our old board. We will be able to do many more things with the new board. After the initial bumps during the transition time, this new board is going to be a huge improvement.

Thanks for your patience and I’m very excited about this new look for our forum.

Thank you,

Legacy Learning Systems

CHECK OUT OUR NEW GUITAR FORUM AT GUITARGATHERING.COM/COMMUNITY

Making the world a better place - one guitar player at a time.
If playing guitar were easy, everyone would do it. That's why it will always be easier to own an iPod than a Grammy.

SteveKrenz.com
Twitter | Facebook | Guitar Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users