4 replies to this topic

#1 John B

John B

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • LocationVermont, USA

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:02 PM

Hi Murry,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I had no idea when we were in Nashville. It was great hanging out with you, Ted, and Tom M. after the All Star Guitar Night. That was fun walking around downtown Nashville and stopping by the Ryman Auditorium. All the best with your new guitar.
John B
Repeating course with Bonus DVD's

#2 Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady

• Members
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, Scotland

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:47 AM

Murry

So sorry to hear about your father my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Hope you got your Gibson back to the UK without any problems or paying any duty?
Also glad to hear you got the problems with your first 335 sorted out by Guitar Centre.

It was nice meeting you and I hope we get the chance to meet up again next year at the UK Gathering?

Adele
Adele

"Fear is that little room where negatives are developed" - Michael Pritchard

Finished the course and now teach it.

http://www.reverbnat...om/celticshadow

http://www.reverbnat...x/artist_412374

#3 k9kaos

k9kaos

• Validating
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:15 AM

So sorry to hear of your loss, Murray :cry:
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...

It was great to meet you at the Gathering!
I, too am glad you got the issues straightened out with the guitar you purchased!
Hope you are enjoying practicing!

Barbara

I wish reality had a distortion pedal.... :)

1933 Gibson L-OO 

Martin Custom X Series (my favorite)

Ibanez Acoustic Electric

Gibson Les Paul Studio 

Fender Strat (MiM)

Epiphone P-90 Riviera

TK O'Brien Mountain Dulcimer

Johnson JB-100 Banjo

Eddy Finn Ukelele

Words of wisdom from a dear friend:  "Fear is that little room where negatives are developed" - Michael Pritchard

#4 Tom

Tom

Major Lee Oblivious

• Members
  • 2,952 posts
  • LocationDecatur, IL

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:42 AM

Murray, I am so sorry to hear about your father. I had no idea that happened during the weekend.

It was a pleasure meeting you and I was happy to be the driver for your trip to Guitar Center. I needed someone else to buy a guitar there this year other than myself.

I was glad you were able to work out the issues with that first 335 and that you found a suitable replacement. How are you enjoying it.

I'll PM you Greg's e-mail. I don't want to put it on the forum in case any bots would pick it up.

Tom

#5 Muz

Muz

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 07:40 PM

I just wanted to add my sincere thanks to Steve Krenz and all concerned for a truly great few days in Nashville. It was worth every penny and mile travelling from UK!

Towards the end of Phil Keaggy's concert on the Friday night I learned that my Dad had just passed away back in UK. There were two reasons that helped me keep it together after receiving that call. A) Dad had been very ill and I knew he would no longer be suffering and B) the warm friendship I felt from the guys/girls I met in Nashville!

Thank you all, particularily Tom, Ted, John, Jake, Greg, Adele, Barbara and Steve who loaned me his 335. A further thank you to Tom for ferrying me to and from the Guitar Centre.

Does anyone have an email address for Greg Voros? He kindly took my guitar case for shipping back to UK but I have not heard from him as yet!

Murry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users