• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Greg Voros

Greg Voros

Author: Learn & Master Guitar Setup

• Members
  • 695 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:13 AM

I had an amazing time at this years gathering. Its starting to feel like a huge family reunion.

Steve is the man.

Thanks everyone for a great time.

Greg Voros
[/b]

#22 Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady

• Members
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, Scotland

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:43 PM

Thanks Adele and the rest of the band. It was fun playing the songs together and even stumbling through a song in front of everyone. We learned that a sound check is an important thing and starting over wouldn't have been a bad thing. Please destroy any video ;-) Thanks Woody for loaning us your Privia! It got some use from Dino too!

It was great seeing everyone from last year and meeting new players!

Steve

Thanks Steve and that's a definite on the sound check IF we ever get together for another one at future events. Also a BIG definite PLEASE DESTROY any video of the band thanks. :wink:
Plus more rehearsal time together would have helped. :)

Adele
Adele

"Fear is that little room where negatives are developed" - Michael Pritchard

Finished the course and now teach it.

http://www.reverbnat...om/celticshadow

http://www.reverbnat...x/artist_412374

#23 Ascoli

Ascoli

• Members
  • 837 posts
  • LocationLittleton, CO

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:12 PM

Thanks right back at you, Steve! This was a great time and I look forward to next year.

Thanks to all who bought shirts and wore them proudly at the gathering. I am still behind on these, but hopefully can sell more here on the forum.

Thanks Adele and the rest of the band. It was fun playing the songs together and even stumbling through a song in front of everyone. We learned that a sound check is an important thing and starting over wouldn't have been a bad thing. Please destroy any video ;-) Thanks Woody for loaning us your Privia! It got some use from Dino too!

It was great seeing everyone from last year and meeting new players!

Steve
"To play without passion is inexcusable." - Beethoven

#24 Tied

Tied

• Members
  • 6,766 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:48 PM

(snip) It's almost like we're our own church. The church of Krenz! :lol:

(snip)

Are you saying there's a tax deduction in here somewhere? :shock: :lol:
For all that is holy, CHANGE YOUR STRINGS!
Posted Image
My gnome doesn't lie. S-12

#25 FloydFanatic

FloydFanatic

Bendaholics Anonymous

• Members
  • 3,092 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:38 PM

Oh, man, how do I respond to someone thanking ME for such an awesome experience? Steve, it was literally the experience of a lifetime, and I simply cannot believe that I'll have the opportunity to have another one like it next year.

I'm so grateful to you and all of the wonderfully giving artists that all I can do is sputter; too many superlatives are trying to get out all at once.

Once again, a Big Fat Stinkin' THANK YOU!

LOL exactly. Thank YOU Phil for doing this. I've never seen such a great community before, I'm proud to be a part of it. Everyone is willing to help everyone else. It's almost like we're our own church. The church of Krenz! :lol:

Are there things that can change for the better? Sure. But overall, I'd have to say it was a resounding success! I was looking forward to next year as soon as I got in my car for the ride home.
You are young and life is long
And there is time to kill today
And then one day you'll find
Ten years have gone behind you
No one told you when to run
You've missed the starting gun

#26 Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady

• Members
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, Scotland

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:16 AM

My thanks go to you Steve for coming up with such an awesome and inspiring event.
All of the artist's were the best, although I particularly liked Phil Keaggy.
Who would have thought that the little event that Mike M and I started three years ago would expand into the major event on most peoples calendars this year and for years to come.
I had a great time this year for many reasons not the least because I didn't have to be 'Mother Hen', :D :D
It was great getting to see you and Paulette again Steve and to see how well she is looking. It was also good to catch up with old and new friends in such an enjoyable environment.
As with many others I came away inspired to try and become a better musician arthritis willing and we shall see how much I do achieve.
I was also very sad as this trip was probably the last time in Nashville and maybe the US. :( :( My health is not good as some noticed this year, I am not working full-time and the teaching is not really bringing in a living yet. Harry has retired so we both have to cut our cloth accordingly and reduce our spending.
I cried twice on the drive back to Newark and I apologise to Barbara for that. I really did not want it all to end but also knew that it is unlikely that I will make the US again. :cry: :cry: :cry:
OK Ian and I have the UK Gathering to try and get off the ground for 2011 so that will be something to look forward to.

So once again Thanks to Steve, Legacy and all the artists both student and professional and the back room guys especially Greg for all his hard work doing set ups for everyone. My new Martin plays even easier now since Greg's work on it and it wasn't bad when I first got it.
Thanks to Barbara, Bing, Ascoli and Dennis for being in the band its wasn't a perfect performance but boy did we have a blast. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks to Ascoli for the T-shirts they are great.
Thanks especially to Barbara for doing all the driving. :D :D :D

I Love All You Guys

Take care

Adele :cry:
Adele

"Fear is that little room where negatives are developed" - Michael Pritchard

Finished the course and now teach it.

http://www.reverbnat...om/celticshadow

http://www.reverbnat...x/artist_412374

#27 Stargazer55

Stargazer55

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  • LocationEastern, PA

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:33 AM

Thank you so much for your hard work & dedication, Steve. I don't know how you do it but, just about everywhere I went, you were near. It was as though you totally mastered the technique of omnipresence! :wink: I hope you are getting a well deserved rest.

This year's gathering had many improvements and I know that you & Legacy already have ideas to make the next one even better. It's also encouraging to see such talented artists that are willing to share their passion for music and selflessly impart their knowledge to fledgeling musicians. That they all come to your event is a testament of the respect that these, the most talented artists in the industry, have for you.

Greg pulled it off again this year! :D What great enthusiasm, honesty & dedication and work ethic. What a team you guys make!!

The enthusiasm & courage shown by everyone who participated in the ensembles & showcase was just awesome.

Thank you Steve (Ascoli) for the wonderful job you did with the T Shirts. Between this year & last I now have one for each day of the week! :D Thanks Katie for running the swap table. I hope the proceeds help the charity.

I came away rejuvenated and was happy to have made new friends. I'm already looking forward to next year.

Regards,

Tom

#28 Pam

Pam

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:24 AM

It's so gratifying to hear that even though this gathering takes so much out of you, that you also get so much out of it, enough that you would say it's the highlight of your year, Steve...I know it's the highlight of mine, ever since last year's (my first). I hope I can attend every one, and with every year put more of myself into it, while getting even more out of it! I appreciate you, Steve!
Pam from Spartanburg, SC

#29 woody9wood

woody9wood

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:48 PM

All I can say is, the fire burn deepth again!
Woody
_______
LMG - Session 10 - Somewhere around here
LMP - Sesson 11 - Hoping to not be stuck in Let It Be too long

#30 Kevin The Ibsen

Kevin The Ibsen

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:42 PM

Oh, man, how do I respond to someone thanking ME for such an awesome experience? Steve, it was literally the experience of a lifetime, and I simply cannot believe that I'll have the opportunity to have another one like it next year.

I'm so grateful to you and all of the wonderfully giving artists that all I can do is sputter; too many superlatives are trying to get out all at once.

Once again, a Big Fat Stinkin' THANK YOU!
--
Kevin Walsh - Wannabe 1st Class

#31 BDH

BDH

• Members
  • 908 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Ohio

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:23 PM

Yes... all kind of kudos go to STEVE and crew!! Thank you... :)

As for Rick Vito, I bought a couple CD's, shook his hand and I was surprised that he thanked ME for my questions... :shock: He was really cool as were all the other artists that attended... :wink:
Brian

#32 Jeff D

Jeff D

• Members
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationEast Walpole, MA

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:19 PM

Thanks to you, Steve! Amazing lineup of guests and vast improvement over last year(which was merely amazing, not, as we say in Boston, Wicked Amazing as this year was).

Yes, Greg deserves a lot of kudos. He didn't setup my guitar but he bought me a coffee and sat down with me to discuss my guitar training invention and had some great suggestions and advice as did his partner. He said some very kind words to me which fueled my desire to go ths route in life even further, so thanks for that, Greg!

Can't wait for next year! Ludicrously amazing?

#33 Tom

Tom

Major Lee Oblivious

• Members
  • 2,952 posts
  • LocationDecatur, IL

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:55 PM

Yes, a HUGE thanks goes to you too Steve! You and Greg are two of the hardest working guys during the conference and it is greatly appreciated by us all!

#34 Eddie N

Eddie N

• Members
  • 1,870 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN.

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:36 PM

Steve,

THANK YOU!

Although I am new in music & guitar, I have never felt out of place, no mater the skill level of the next guy/gal. Everyone is so personable and approachable right down to the guys who play the guitar professionally!

I am already looking forward to next year!
Sing to him a new song;

play skillfully, and shout for joy.

Psalm 33:3

#35 Wampage

Wampage

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:08 PM

As long as this continues I plan on being a part of it. I learn so much about guitar, and about myself, and The Gathering provides a nice gauge for my progress as a guitar player. I have quite a few take-aways that will keep me busy preparing for this coming year. I know I have come a long way and I know there will always be a long way to go. A rare and privileged opportunity to interact and learn from truly great musicians. Thank you Steve and L&MG.

Oh, and thanks to Greg Voros. Remarkable skills.

The words of Jack Pearson stick in my mind, "we all think we suck".
I pray for a recovery in Nashville and for her musicians that exceeds everyone's expectations.

#36 John B

John B

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • LocationVermont, USA

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:40 PM

Steve, thanks for all that you do to make this such a great event. You do an amazing job putting it all together. This year the screen showing the artist hands was really cool as well as the Jazz Ensemble. They were all great ideas that worked and made the event fun. Thanks for a great time. I look forward to next year!
John B
Repeating course with Bonus DVD's

#37 Steve Krenz

Steve Krenz

Author: Gibson's Learn & Master Guitar

• Administrators
  • 5,779 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:17 PM

Hello all,

I wanted to offer my sincerest thank you to all who gave up a few days of their busy lives, and the expense to come all the way to Nashville to be with us for the Guitar Gathering.

It was, once again, a completely magical time. I am so humbled and honored to be a part with you of the beginnings of what I believe is going to be a wonderful thing that will impact thousands over the coming years.

From the attendees, to the artists, to the crew that put it on, I think we were all struck at the uniqueness of an event that is focused on learning and celebrating guitar playing and making music. This stands in stark contrast to the normal guitar conference where the gap between learner and artist is emphasized through record company execs buzzing about, back-stage passes, and artists whose egos are as big as their amps.

The Guitar Gathering is refreshing to us and the artists because there should be no gap between those who are just starting to learn to play and those that have played at a high level. We all started in the same place. And we are all learning.

Artist after artist came up to me after their time was finished and commented on how different everything felt and how wonderful you all were.

For example, Rick Vito has rarely ever done a workshop, but he skeptically agreed to do it for our conference. By that night after his workshop there was an email in my email box from Rick Vito saying...

Hi Steve,
I had a wonderful time today and wanted to say thanks again!
Everyone who attended was great and I appeciated their interest, questions, and attentiveness very much.
I could do that again, so if any opportunities arise, please keep me in mind.
Best wishes,
Rick

The goodness of the people and their interest in learning more than being entertained won over each artist by the time that they left.

As has been said many times before, it felt more like a home-coming than a guitar conference.

I was ever-aware that this event didn't start as an idea from a company, but as a response from people who wanted to get together.

Each year, we'll try to make it better and more suited to your needs in the future.

I know by now most all of you are back in your daily lives but I wanted to say a completely sincere thank you to you all for your investment of time and resources to come here and make this a special time.

The Guitar Gathering is the highlight of my year. I look forward to next year.

- Steve Krenz

CHECK OUT OUR NEW GUITAR FORUM AT GUITARGATHERING.COM/COMMUNITY

Making the world a better place - one guitar player at a time.
If playing guitar were easy, everyone would do it. That's why it will always be easier to own an iPod than a Grammy.

SteveKrenz.com
Twitter | Facebook | Guitar Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users