A BIG Thanks

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Pam

Pam

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:11 AM

Hey, Jack, wasn't it a great time? It was a pleasure sharing music with you, and a pleasure to have met you...I sure hope we can get together next year again! :D
Pam from Spartanburg, SC

#2 Fraxinus

Fraxinus

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, Texas USA

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:50 AM

Great post John ... I echo the huge thank you to all. I also want to thank Pam as "First Chair, Guitar #3 - Canon in D" ... My mentor for my first experience with an ensemble.

In one of Steve's posts he mentions "Magic Moment #1" as when Jack Pearson sang "Oh Glory How Happy I Am" (Blood of the Lamb) to close his part of the program ... I bet I listened to it on the car CD player 10 times as I drove back to Austin.

What a powerful experience these Gatherings have become... on so many levels.
... Jack

#3 Pam

Pam

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 04:54 PM

I also would like to thank everyone who made all those magical moments possible. I'm still glowing from all the great, positive vibrations we were all experiencing! John, you said it well, but I would also personally like to thank Katie for initiating the idea for the classical ensemble - what a great idea, and it was an awesome experience for us all...it's nice to know that the classical genre has a significant place in the gathering. It was great seeing everyone from last year, as well as meeting new friends :), whom I hope to see again next year!

#4 Kent

Kent

Welcome Bot

• Members
  • 11,383 posts
  • LocationJELLOLAND

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:53 PM

Welcome :D

aka The Jell-O Man, JelloManKent
I once played a cat and got all scratched up. I should have waited until it was made into guitar strings first. :blink:
Jell-O curtains are the best of both worlds. Just don't eat the curtains. :whistle:
Link to Missing Posts of The Legacy Lounge is
http://community.lea...en-mike-lounge/
Link to The Legacy Lounge is
http://community.lea...rch__1#entry322
Link to my CG Art is
http://s1238.photobu...Works/CG%20Art/
Guest Password is JelloManKent
Link to my Oil Paint Art is
http://s1238.photobu...rk in progress/
Guest Password is JelloManKent

Link to my Recordings is

https://soundcloud.com/jellomankent

#5 Lacks Focus

Lacks Focus

• Members
  • 3,027 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:26 PM

Hey John,
This is the Michael (Jason) that you reference in your post. I was saddened to read that people were scared of me (and Larry). I love to play and have fun and most of all love to learn from everyone I play with. It always amazes me how people approach a musical idea differently and it is exciting to see and experience.
Larry is a worship pastor for a very large church (5000+) and is obviously a professional guitarist - and trust me - I am envious of his ability to play fast runs and overall skills. But I love to play with him anyway and push my limits. At the end of the day, practice and application will allow all of us to reach our musical goals. I'd love to play Jazz like Steve Krenz. :-) and Pink Floyd like John... :-)

I can't speak for anyone else, but it wasn't yours and Larry's playing that scared me - it was the fact that you guys both looked like the carrier captain from Top Gun. ;)

You two were a lot of fun to listen to, but I admit I was one of those who were a little intimidated when you two were going at it in the jam room. But hey, that's 100%, entirely my problem, not yours. I'd hate to think anyone should feel constrained in their playing because some other poor schlub thinks he/she can't hang in there with them. Keep doing what you're doing - we'll catch up when we can. :)
Craig in Indy

#6 Blues_are_Moody

Blues_are_Moody

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationRinggold, GA

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:41 AM

Hey John,
This is the Michael (Jason) that you reference in your post. I was saddened to read that people were scared of me (and Larry). I love to play and have fun and most of all love to learn from everyone I play with. It always amazes me how people approach a musical idea differently and it is exciting to see and experience.
Larry is a worship pastor for a very large church (5000+) and is obviously a professional guitarist - and trust me - I am envious of his ability to play fast runs and overall skills. But I love to play with him anyway and push my limits. At the end of the day, practice and application will allow all of us to reach our musical goals. I'd love to play Jazz like Steve Krenz. :-) and Pink Floyd like John... :-)

#7 J45

J45

• Members
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationVirginia USA

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:55 PM

Sounds like you really enjoyed it all John, good for you buddy :D
Greg
Gibson J45 Custom, Larrivee L-03R Acoustic; Fender American Standard Strat; Fender Blacktop Tele; Fender 52' Vintage Hot Rod Tele; Fender Super Sonic 22; Fender Mustang II Amp; Ultrasound AG-30 Acoustic Amp; Roland RD-700NX Digital Piano; Nikon D7000 DSLR

May You Be In Heaven A Half Hour Before The Devil Knows You're Dead...

#8 Lacks Focus

Lacks Focus

• Members
  • 3,027 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:03 PM

^^ + about a kazillion!
Craig in Indy

#9 FloydFanatic

FloydFanatic

Bendaholics Anonymous

• Members
  • 3,092 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:39 PM

I wanted to give a shout out to everyone that helped make this Gathering such a success.

At the top of the list is not Steve Krenz, but Adele. From what Steve tells us, if it weren't for Adele, we wouldn't have a Gathering, as she started it 5(?) years ago. Thank you Adele!

Next, of course, is Steve Krenz. Thank you for all your hard work, your pleasant attitude and constant smiles to make us all feel at home. You're a great teacher and you make it easy to be a student. Just seeing your cheeks go rosy up there on stage when something funny happened was enough to show your true character and what a good natured guy you are. It's a pleasure being your student.

Thanks to Steve Ascoli for all you did. Not only did Steve get us T-shirts at the risk of his own financial peril (let me know if you need to dump a few more Steve), he also put out 4-5 guitars for everyone to use and try out while in the Jam Room. Also, a personal thanks to him for letting me use one while mine was with Greg. Thanks brotha!

Thank you to Greg Voros. Not only did he repair and set up everyone's guitars (Friday until 9:30 PM), his advice and helping tips to us all will certainly extend the lives of our guitars.

Thanks to ALL the pro guests. You are all an inspiration to us. We know your time is valuable, but trust me when I say it was time well spent on us. And to Phil Keaggy, you may not know this, but your implosion on the stage was probably the best thing that our group could have seen. It was evidence that even great pros like yourself have moments where it can all just go wrong. But, you held yourself together and kept on keepin on like a true pro! Thanks Phil, was a pleasure listening to you.

Thank you to Larry and Michael (the 2 in the jam room everyone was afraid of) for giving us something to shoot for. And a personal thanks to you both for our little discussions that helped me understand soloing a little bit better.

Thanks to all the volunteers. Everyone that manned a table, helped move chairs, whatever. The selfless attitude of everyone there was extraordinary and should be commended.

Finally, thanks to Legacy. Without you, we wouldn't have been able to do this. I hope that next year we can surpass 100 people. (Sorry if I missed anyone)

Can't wait for next year already!
:D
You are young and life is long
And there is time to kill today
And then one day you'll find
Ten years have gone behind you
No one told you when to run
You've missed the starting gun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users