Recording, playing my (New) beginner classical

Posted by JleoLegacy, in Recording, Music, Learning guitar 04 April 2012 · 386 views

Finger-style Progress-Update Recording Video

My very inexpensive Stagg C542 classical arrived this afternoon it needs new strings but I was determined to make a video of me playing something so here goes without a restring (not that it would make much difference)  Btw my old Cine camera (circa 1966) has seen better days and I think the chemist sold me some really old dodgy film so apologies in advance for the audio and video quality.

Source: Recording, "One Of Us" _- NGD -_

Loved it John, well done. One of my favorite tunes as well. Looking forward to learning finger-style myself.

Enjoy the new ax!
Tracey
Now that was cool all the way round, JLeo. Noticed the vintage film effect on your post earlier this week, assumed it was done by someone other than yourself. Thanks for pointing me toward this guitar, as I'm looking for a nylon string guitar that's a great value. Consensus is you've found it. Also appreciated your sharing your music with us.

David
Great job man!
Nice playing, I think it sounds even with the original strings.
Great Job JLEO!
Thank you everyone for the comments and encouragement all appreciated very much :)

Now that was cool all the way round, JLeo. Noticed the vintage film effect on your post earlier this week, assumed it was done by someone other than yourself. Thanks for pointing me toward this guitar, as I'm looking for a nylon string guitar that's a great value. Consensus is you've found it. Also appreciated your sharing your music with us.

David

Hi David,

Thanks for the encouragement and commenting I created another blog post with another sound check with the Stagg C542.

Stagg C542 sound check

_john

Loved it John, well done. One of my favorite tunes as well. Looking forward to learning finger-style myself.

Enjoy the new ax!
Tracey

Thank you Tracey for the comments and encouragement all appreciated very much.

John that was very nice.....you sound good, love the music. Thanks for sharing and I really like the video old timey effect. Guitar is pretty cool too. Nicely done....... Love the softness of the classical. Enjoy, Pavanne

John that was very nice.....you sound good, love the music. Thanks for sharing and I really like the video old timey effect. Guitar is pretty cool too. Nicely done....... Love the softness of the classical. Enjoy, Pavanne

Hi Pavanne, thank you for listening and commenting. Old timey effect killed the detail and helped me not feel so much in the video, an effect that I like. The little Stagg was the nicest surprise I've ever got for so little outlay. It's so responsive that it can be played very lightly yet I can enjoy the sound. It's also so easy to play because of the string tension a lot thicker in the neck and a wider fret board but practice cures that :)