Hitting the wall

Posted by Mark H, 19 March 2012 · 220 views

I've been at this for about 3 and a half months now. It seems the further I get into the material, the harder it is to keep my focus and improve. I spent 3 weeks in session 3 and have been in session 4 now for a month. I try and practice every day but at times it feels like I'm just spinning my wheels. I know it will come but I needed to vent some of the frustration to try and regain my drive. Thanks

Hi Mark, Find someone to practice with it really helps....they dont have to be in the program necessarily, just get together at least once a week to practice. I put an ad in the local newspaper, I live in a rural area in Michigan, and two people answered my ad....now i have a practice buddy, we get together about every 4 or 5 days for a couple hours...he is a better guitar player but we actually keep each other focused to keep practicing. It makes practicing fun. Just a thought. "All Things Are Difficult Before They Are Easy" keep climbing the mountain, even little steps can get you to the top! Good Luck :thumbsup:
you said it yourself Mark, you will make it if you keep trying.We all get areas we find difficult so if you
you said it yourself Mark, you will make it if you keep trying.We all get areas we find difficult so if you
there you go.....I have a problem with technology...
so if you get stuck, post and ask for suggestions, you will get lots of support. It is wanting something badly enough that dictates our success.I have one major goal and I am determined to achieve it. Good luck with your progress.
Steve says to spend twice as much time on session four. It's s lot of stuff to learn. I'm working on four also. Ive messed around with guitar for along time before starting the course so I speak from experience when I say ya gotta know how to read the notes if you want to BE A REAL player. I'm sympathizing with ya so hang in there my friend don't give up!

October 2014

S M T W T F S
19202122 23 2425

Recent Entries

Recent Comments