5th Day

Posted by Cinnamon_22, 18 March 2012 · 143 views

Moving slow. I guess I'm kinda slaking off.
I really should do more, but when I say I will, I forget.
I'll try to practice today in between my Birthday Party.
Any advice on how to get me back motivated would be great!
Thanks for everything :)

Hey there!

First of all, I hope you had a great birthday party! :)

It's always hard to stay motivated, whatever you do. I've been trying to stay motivated but after a full day of work, all I feel like doing is resting. I've recently been very frustrated with myself for not practicing as much as I really should do, and when I do practice it's not structured so I don't learn anything new. I go over and over my notes for about 10 minutes and then end up putting down my guitar and making a drink. This has been going on for a couple of weeks now.

It's time for a change!!!

I suggest you do as I am going to do, and make a time when you *have* to do nothing else but practice. Try and practice for *at least* an hour a day (I'd say) and start off with moving your fingers around the fretboard and focus on your strumming, too. Somewhere in the lesson you should try something new. A new song you've wanted to learn, maybe have a crack at it? If you don't end up getting it, no worries, but at least you've had the experience and when you come to play that later on in the year you'll be able to nail it! :)

So basically, sort a structured lesson plan for yourself, just like I'm going to do this evening when I get home from work.

I hope this helps.

All the best.
I think that is an awesome idea :)
Thank you so much!

Cinnamon
No worries, hope it helped :)

Good luck!

October 2014

S M T W T F S
26 2728293031 

Recent Entries

Recent Comments