Starting Week Two

Posted by Greg Rankin, in Progress Diary 26 February 2012 · 170 views

First week is in the books and I'm happy to report I got in my full hour (and then some) every day. Moved on to Session 4, but still working on the songs in Session 3. "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" is the challenge at the moment... my goal this week is to have that down smoothly at 60 bpm. Steve's tip to break the songs up and work on them in pieces before putting it all together is working well for me. Some combinations are a little trickier for me than others (e.g., moving from A to D), so I just do those combinations over and over until my brain/finger connection finally clicks it into place. Having fun with it and that's what counts.

To make things even more interesting I picked up a Casio PX-3 and the Learn and Master Piano series... both should get here next week. The plan is to practice an hour a day on each. The piano is also something I've always wanted to learn and I'd like to start composing at some point so I thought might as well go for both. Good thing I'm at a place in life where I finally have plenty of time and freedom on my hands.

Please tell me how to get to the point of time and freedom!
It's good to hear you're moving on well! I agree, I found 'We Wish You a Merry Christmas' pretty hard. It didn't sound right to me, but I stuck it out and now it sounds a lot better. It is hard moving from note to note, especially if you're moving from strings. Sounds like you're on the right path and have the right attitude to succeed.

Good luck!

P.S. I wish I had the time and freedom! :(
I also picked up both Piano and the Guitar courses, I'm going to start with the guitar course first and see how it goes.. Session 1 begins tonight. Wishing you continued success!

November 2014

S M T W T F S
23 242526272829

Recent Entries

Recent Comments