• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 DocBeech

DocBeech

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

So I have upgraded to the 2014 edition and been playing it for a while. If you have the original you can PAY a 10$ fee and have your songs from rocksmith 1 moved over to the 2014 edition. Just so you know though, the songs are converted, and you have updated charts, and playing with them. You get BONUS sections for the original style game play on those songs, and you do keep your leveling or mastery of the song. Anything you bought DLC moves over, and anything you added yourself goes free as well. (please note only the PC version allows you to install your own songs outside of what they create.). But its worth it to go ahead and pay the transfer fee (if you have the original) or to pick up the original on ebay for 12$ and do it that way. You get 45 songs for 20$. Not a bad deal, they play really well, and it converts them over to the new style of play.

#2 Big Hands

Big Hands

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:02 AM

So I have upgraded to the 2014 edition and been playing it for a while. If you have the original you can PAY a 10$ fee and have your songs from rocksmith 1 moved over to the 2014 edition. Just so you know though, the songs are converted, and you have updated charts, and playing with them. You get BONUS sections for the original style game play on those songs, and you do keep your leveling or mastery of the song. Anything you bought DLC moves over, and anything you added yourself goes free as well. (please note only the PC version allows you to install your own songs outside of what they create.). But its worth it to go ahead and pay the transfer fee (if you have the original) or to pick up the original on ebay for 12$ and do it that way. You get 45 songs for 20$. Not a bad deal, they play really well, and it converts them over to the new style of play.

So this works with PC/laptop as well as playstations?

I don't own playstations or any gaming controllers but obviously have a laptop/PC....you overall happy with this product?

I had posted earlier on this but, let it slide when I thought it was just a gamer thing. I had to use a lot of flight sims when I was working on my IFR for flying and really don't like gaming. Just a personal choice. No offence to gamers.

#3 DocBeech

DocBeech

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:57 PM

Its a lot faster than the original rocksmith, and if your struggling with a riff or portion of a song, you can pause, and enter the riff repeater mode. You can play it as many times as you like, until you master that section.

#4 TC56

TC56

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • LocationUK (West Sussex)

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

So this works with PC/laptop as well as playstations?

I don't own playstations or any gaming controllers but obviously have a laptop/PC....you overall happy with this product?

I had posted earlier on this but, let it slide when I thought it was just a gamer thing. I had to use a lot of flight sims when I was working on my IFR for flying and really don't like gaming. Just a personal choice. No offence to gamers.

It will run on a laptop, but, will it run properly, now that is another matter.  Rocksmith always did have, and still does have, "challenges" with latency.  It is going to have to be a powerful, recent laptop to run correctly.  Check the minimum and more importantly, recommended specs before you buy. 

Having said that I have both the original and the 2014 version running on my desktop, though I did have to "tweak" the ini file to get the 2014 version running without severe distortion and crackling sound.  Still, probably time for a replacement desktop as my current one is 7 years old (at least bits of it are :whistle: ).

Tony

"the mind is like a parachute, it works best when it's open"

#5 Tom

Tom

Major Lee Oblivious

• Members
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationDecatur, IL

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:06 PM

Thanks for the update. If I understand what you are saying then the best method to get the songs you want is to buy the original version, buy the DLC that you want for the original version, add in any custom songs (is there a repository for the custom songs) then finally get the 2014 version and pay the one time conversion fee?

Another question, If I pay the fee and convert the songs and then decide I wanted another DLC from the original would I have to pay again to convert it?

#6 slavic

slavic

• Members
  • 1,335 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

Hi Tom - 

The original downloaded content just works in the new version.  It was only the original on disc content that needed the upgrade purchase.  There are 4 songs apparently that won't transfer, 2 from clapton, and a couple from Seth Chapla(sp?)  All in all Ubisoft has been really kind on the DLC front compared to the older rhythm games.

Regards,

Dan

#7 magnus80a

magnus80a

• Members
  • 749 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

On Playstation 3 there's only latency if you send the audio via HDMI. I use an optic cable and have no issues.

#8 DocBeech

DocBeech

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

The DLC work no matter what you do, original or new. But if you want the original 45 songs on the new version, you need the old version. Some great songs exist in the old version too. You can get it super cheap on ebay. Then you just use the conversion and you get all the old songs, on the new game. That was all I was saying.

But as far as I know, the PC version is the only one you can do Custom songs on. As in free songs.

#9 TrueBlue

TrueBlue

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:47 AM

Thanks for the update. If I understand what you are saying then the best method to get the songs you want is to buy the original version, buy the DLC that you want for the original version, add in anyy custom songs (is there a repository for the custom songs) then finally get the 2014 version and pay the one time conversion fee?

Another question, If I pay the fee and convert the songs and then decide I wanted another DLC from the original would I have to pay again to convert it?

Tom:

Rocksmith 2014 is much better than the previous version. The constant load time delays are gone and the menu navigation is much, much better. The Riff repeater is a great tool. It will let you take a portion of a song (or the entire song), and change the difficulty level and speed to a desired level so that you can master it.

You can load the songs from the original Rocksmith into the new version for a. $9.99 fee BUT, the original version and the new version must be in the same format. If you buy Rocksmith 2014 for PS3, then the original has to be PS3 also. If you by Rocksmith 2014 for PC, then the original Rocksmith must be PC also. Basically you cannot mix and match formats...

#10 Ice9

Ice9

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire, England

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:54 AM

No latency on my PS3 now .. I had to stop using the HDMI cable tho and use composite cable.

1989 Korean Plywood Squier with its spoon digging to the very bottom of the knickerbocker glory of mojo :)

Line6 POD xt with a 12AX7 taped to the back

#11 slavic

slavic

• Members
  • 1,335 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

I have a Variax, which makes the tuning sessions quite bit easier.  Estd, to Drop D, Open G, Eb, no problem.  But the tunes not in A440 have become annoying, and some of them are good tunes.

#12 JMaia

JMaia

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

Just for the record, it is possible to play custom made songs on xbox360. I did it all the time on Rocksmith 1, but the 2014 version it's not possible yet I think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users