• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 hrfdez_El Primero

hrfdez_El Primero

• Members
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:09 AM

Never seen this brand before, but he has some nice looking guitars at great prices.  I like the Z-Glide Neck idea if it does work.

If anybody has played one of these beauties, please chime in.

http://deanzelinsky.com/

HectorLM&G Starting Date: 07/13Student of the Month- November 2013"Money won, it is a lot sweeter than Money Earned" Peter Lafleur "Playing guitar should be fun, if I want to have a hard time, I just go to work" (My Quote)"You have to work it, to earn it, no luck in this Gig"Guitars: A few Amps: A Few<p>

"I don't care how much you spent on your gear, but I do care the kind of person that you are"

#2 hrfdez_El Primero

hrfdez_El Primero

• Members
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

I read you :biggrin:

The neck is intriguing for sure.  They look well made, but I will like to hear one first :electric:

HectorLM&G Starting Date: 07/13Student of the Month- November 2013"Money won, it is a lot sweeter than Money Earned" Peter Lafleur "Playing guitar should be fun, if I want to have a hard time, I just go to work" (My Quote)"You have to work it, to earn it, no luck in this Gig"Guitars: A few Amps: A Few<p>

"I don't care how much you spent on your gear, but I do care the kind of person that you are"

#3 Shenandoah

Shenandoah

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:13 PM

They sure are pretty, no getting around that.  I'm a skeptic though.  Look at the quality of any items you may own with a Made in Indonesia label.  Caveat emptor…

Oh, and additionally, basswood body?  Good for carving, that's the choice for pro carvers.  Good for guitars…?

Edited by Shenandoah, 25 August 2013 - 07:17 PM.

Learn & Master Guitar Session 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

#4 hrfdez_El Primero

hrfdez_El Primero

• Members
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

They sure are pretty, no getting around that.  I'm a skeptic though.  Look at the quality of any items you may own with a Made in Indonesia label.  Caveat emptor…

Indeed

#5 JaysonInDaytona

JaysonInDaytona

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationDaytona Beach Area

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

Steve Vai's guitars are Basswood at his request... But at 2000k I am sure his use a higher grade of it...

Oh, and additionally, basswood body?  Good for carving, that's the choice for pro carvers.  Good for guitars…?

Jayson Harrington/K4ZAG

“There are only two types of music: good and bad. “Everything else is just indexing”.  - Hugh Laurie ( In this case)

MY real guitar's are:

A Simon & Patrick Vintage Burst Ceder HG ( from Goden) named Amber...

A (MIM) Fender Standard in white and chrome named Lucy...

MY other Guitar is a Yamaha EG303 that I am upgrading with some EMG HZ3's (it's my toy guitar )...

AMPS:

Yamaha 15 watt kit amp ( not my fave at all )

Fender Mustang 1 V2 ( Much better than the above that I will never touch again)

I play with Photography too..  http://www.pbase.com/jaysonharrington

#6 Shenandoah

Shenandoah

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:41 PM

Interesting and enlightening.  And who is making his basswood body guitar(s)?   :)

Learn & Master Guitar Session 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

#7 hrfdez_El Primero

hrfdez_El Primero

• Members
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:45 PM

I don't know a thing about woods, so I will like to know the difference between a 2k piece of Basswood, and say a 499.99 piece of Basswood.  Not making fun of it, it is actually a serious question,

Sound?  Weight?

#8 tjmeyers

tjmeyers

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:01 PM

Interesting and enlightening.  And who is making his basswood body guitar(s)?   :)

I thought Ibanez was building his guitars.

As far as these go, they sure are "purdy."  But I'd like to play one before I'd buy one.

L&M Guitar Lesson 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

#9 Dan Brown

Dan Brown

• Members
  • 1,868 posts
  • LocationBradley Beach, N.J.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

All very nice looking, that is for sure!! But, the first time I've ever heard of them...

Dan Brown    :electricguitar:

"SO MANY RESOURCES, SO LITTLE TIME!"                                               Fender Squier Strat MIM circa 1990
Learn and Master Guitar Session 17                                                          Yamaha FG 400A Acoustic Guitar
Song Hits Session 7                                                                                        Charvel 625C Custom Acoustic Electric
Spotlight Series Blues Guitar Session 3                                                    Harmony Meteor semi-hollow body circa 1958

Epiphone Limited Edition ES 355

Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus

Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor II

#10 JaysonInDaytona

JaysonInDaytona

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:46 PM

I thought Ibanez was building his guitars.

As far as these go, they sure are "purdy."  But I'd like to play one before I'd buy one.

They do based on his specs... He told them if they could build his design to his specs they could build it to sell...  Although I do see they are using other woods to now... But I do know his design when he first worked with them was basswood because it was light weight... Or so Some interview I saw has it...

Jayson Harrington/K4ZAG

“There are only two types of music: good and bad. “Everything else is just indexing”.  - Hugh Laurie ( In this case)

MY real guitar's are:

MY other Guitar is a Yamaha EG303 that I am upgrading with some EMG HZ3's (it's my toy guitar )...

AMPS:

#11 LIR

LIR

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • LocationBucharest, Romania

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:55 PM

WOW! They look beautiful! Are they made in USA? The price is really low for a USA made guitar.

Liviu

Keep on rockin' in a free world

Listen to my music: https://soundcloud.com/lir-3

L&MG: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20

#12 hrfdez_El Primero

hrfdez_El Primero

• Members
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

I don't think they are.

#13 JaysonInDaytona

JaysonInDaytona

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

I gotta wonder on that too... Closest I could come to a Made in the USA acoustic guitar that I could afford was my Simon&Patrick by Godin in Canada... Course he used to make his DEAN guitars in Florida before being bought out...

I don't think they are.

Jayson Harrington/K4ZAG

MY real guitar's are:

AMPS:

#14 LostInthe60sTonight

LostInthe60sTonight

• Members
  • 2,278 posts
  • LocationWinchester, VA

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

Uh, Jayson, I don't think Canada is the USA unless we've had an invasion I haven't heard about (although prior to the Mexican war, because there was a dispute between Britain and the U.S. about the Oregon territory, a bunch of congressmen and senators wanted to invade Canada rather than Mexico). :biggrin:  Some Canadians would be affronted that anyone would think Canada is the USA! Just kidding you (although not about that last).

RichL

Close only works for horseshoes and hand grenades. Well, maybe for jazz, too....

"Just a thought, not a sermon!" - Pastor Lon Solomon, McLean Bible Church

"Just occasionally there are a few too many notes." from the movie Amadeus

Epiphone Emperor Swingster

Line 6 Spider IV 15 amp

Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE

Behringer Ultracoustic AT108 amp

Kay Lord Calvert Mandolin

Oscar Schmidt OS-21c Autoharp

Unidentified Oscar Schmidt Autoharp

AudioBox USB with Studio One V2 DAW

... and soon, Washburn C5CE nylon Acoustic-Electric

LMG Session 9

#15 JaysonInDaytona

JaysonInDaytona

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:45 PM

Of course it is not the USA...BUT it is North America!!!  haha

Uh, Jayson, I don't think Canada is the USA unless we've had an invasion I haven't heard about (although prior to the Mexican war, because there was a despute between Britain and the U.S. about the Oregon territory, a bunch of congressmen and senators wanted to invade Canada rather than Mexico). :biggrin:  Some Canadians would be affronted that anyone would think Canada is the USA! Just kidding you (although not about that last).

Jayson Harrington/K4ZAG

MY real guitar's are:

AMPS:

#16 w.d. womack

w.d. womack

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationPennsauken, New Jersey

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:33 AM

I have heard of other electric guitars being made of basswood, Fenders I think. Basswood is a real good carvng wood and I don't see any reason for it not to be good for a solid body electric. It is fairly cheap wood when compred to other guitar body woods. As a wood carver I hvae often thought about making a basswod guitar and carving the body the same ways as I see this guy has done. Makes a good looking guitar and I can't see why not a good playing one.

His pricing seems reeasonable.

WD

#17 TrueBlue

TrueBlue

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:52 AM

Never seen this brand before, but he has some nice looking guitars at great prices.  I like the Z-Glide Neck idea if it does work.

Dean Zelinsky is the original founder of Dean Guitars.  I think he sold or was forced out of his own company somehow.  I have an OLD el cheapo Dean electric that has stood the test of time so I would expect that he has only gotten better at his craft...

#18 hrfdez_El Primero

hrfdez_El Primero

• Members
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

Thanks for the info.
Never seen this brand before, but he has some nice looking guitars at great prices. I like the Z-Glide Neck idea if it does work.

Dean Zelinsky is the original founder of Dean Guitars. I think he sold or was forced out of his own company somehow. I have an OLD el cheapo Dean electric that has stood the test of time so I would expect that he has only gotten better at his craft...

#19 hrfdez_El Primero

hrfdez_El Primero

• Members
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

Thanks for the info. I really like these guitars.

#20 Popeyetsm

Popeyetsm

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:03 AM

Herfdez- I have a DBZ Imerial FM W/Bigsby. I picked it up on clearance in a shop for $249.00. It is made in Korea and the quality of this one is superb! Great mahogany back, maple flamed front, Grover tuners, Nickle hardware and Duncan pickups! It plays great, stays in tune, sounds great and looks great. I love the thin body (5/8") thick and is very comfortable! I have not p,ayec a Z-Neck but it is nice to look at and an interesting concept!
  • LMG: (8/02/13) 11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20
  • Bonus: (8/4/13) 11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20  
  • LMG SETUP: (9/30/13) Completed

GUITARS:  :acoustic: 1976 Kay Acoustic; Epiphone ES-339 LE Black Royal; 2012 Fender Strat Select HSS; 2008 Matin HD-35; DBZ Imperial FM Bigsby; AMPS: Fender Supersonic 22 Limited Edition; Fender Mustang II & III

Balance in Spirit............Balance in Self..........Balance in Life...........BALANCE!

MIKE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users