• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 magnus80a

magnus80a

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

I downloaded this app a couple of months ago when they were having a giveaway, but didn't use it until today when my iRig arrived. Rock Prodigy is a "Guitar Game" in the same spirit as Rockband 3 or Rocksmith. You plug your guitar into your iOS device and start playing. It contains LOTS of lessons and exercises for free and when you're tired doing that you can buy songs in their store for SEK 28 (~$4.25) each. Your performance is stored online for songs and exercises and presented in a way such that you can see how you improve over time. Yay technology! :)

After playing around with it for a couple of hours I'm pleasantly surprised. So far it outperforms Rockband 3 on all accounts. I can slow it down, loop sections, pause and tune, it's responsive and lag isn't an issue. It has even forced me to finally learn to mute strings when playing single notes across more than one string. It's available as a universal app for iOS.

Here's a demo of someone playing "Nothing Else Matter". The video quality isn't that good though. It's suppose to be tabs on the screen.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iOS, iPhone, iPad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users