10 replies to this topic

#1 dutchguy

dutchguy

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Locationnetherlands

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:58 AM

Hi Steve,
Any news about the upcoming fingerstyle course? Are you on schedule? how are the recordings going?

thx

Nige
I am sweating in session(s):-
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
STILL practicing those chord changes (does it never end?) but moved onto trying to be Blues player

#2 Steve Krenz

Steve Krenz

Author: Gibson's Learn & Master Guitar

• Administrators
  • 4,834 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

NIge,

I'm very excited to say that I am back working on it again. Unless something derails it, I should be filming it in a few weeks.

It's good to be working on it again.

- Steve
Making the world a better place - one guitar player at a time.
If playing guitar were easy, everyone would do it. That's why it will always be easier to own an iPod than a Grammy.

SteveKrenz.com
Twitter | Facebook | Guitar Blog

#3 Jeff D

Jeff D

• Members
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:49 AM

Steve, what are we talking as to what's included? # of DVD's and CD's, a printed book etc. (If that's even been determined yet). Any hints as to the types of skills learned such as alternate tunings, claasical style/travis picking.

If this is all secretive I understand!

#4 dutchguy

dutchguy

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Locationnetherlands

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

great news Steve, thx for the info

I will be the first in the virtual line (no pushing at the back!!) to get this.....

Nige
I am sweating in session(s):-
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
STILL practicing those chord changes (does it never end?) but moved onto trying to be Blues player

#5 TrueBlue

TrueBlue

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

NIge,

I'm very excited to say that I am back working on it again. Unless something derails it, I should be filming it in a few weeks.

It's good to be working on it again.

- Steve

Steve I have an idea on how to keep the cost of the course(s) down. Instead of paying what I am sure are HUGH fees for including famous songs in the course, why not have L&M Guitar students submit their own songs for inclusion in the course? If their song is used, you could maybe offer them a free copy of the course and their name under the title of the song! I am sure that between your own creations and the submission of students, you could end up with a TON of songs in the book and keep the cost WAYYYYYYY down. Note that I will not be submitting any though (no song writing talent). Just an idea.

Anthony

#6 Tom

Tom

Major Lee Oblivious

• Members
  • 2,863 posts
  • LocationDecatur, IL

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:41 AM

I would guess that if the filming is in a couple of weeks that the material has already been selected and chosen. But that is a cool idea. It would be very cool to have one of my simple pieces included.

#7 Eracer_Team

Eracer_Team

More Gear than Playing Tallent

• Members
  • 6,420 posts
  • LocationGTA - Ontario

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

why not have L&M Guitar students submit their own songs for inclusion in the course?

Anthony.. I would think that if an LMG student was good enough to submit an original song to be in the LMG Finger Style course that they wouldn't need the finger style course in the first place.
just my thought on that.
Now Steve is more than able to create his own original finger style songs to be included into it.

Eracer_Team (DougH)
Eracer_Team Reverb-Nation Music Site
Eracer_Team Sound-Cloud Music Site

Words of Guitar Wisdom from Steve Krenz

LMG Live Lesson Archive

Access MikeM's LMG Yahoo group here: Mike's Yahoo LMG Support Group Site with Special Group Member Downloads
There are courses corrections of the original manual, charts, music, and guitar pro settings

Download LMG Manual's and Other Useful LMG Files Click Here

Steve Krenz "Well something like that"

#8 Tom

Tom

Major Lee Oblivious

• Members
  • 2,863 posts
  • LocationDecatur, IL

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

Anthony.. I would think that if an LMG student was good enough to submit an original song to be in the LMG Finger Style course that they wouldn't need the finger style course in the first place.
just my thought on that.
Now Steve is more than able to create his own original finger style songs to be included into it.

Maybe or maybe not but either way if you got one of your pieces included into the course then having the course would be cool validation.

But as I said, if they are hopefully filming in the next few weeks I am guessing Steve has all the songs and practice material already planned out.

#9 TrueBlue

TrueBlue

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:39 PM

why not have L&M Guitar students submit their own songs for inclusion in the course?

just my thought on that.

Eracer:

I get the feeling that there are some pretty good players floating around the forum. We might be pleasantly surprised!

#10 Jeff D

Jeff D

• Members
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:39 AM

Regardless of whether or not the student can play it well, it would likely not be the student playing on the released version of the course. Doesn't mean people cant' write a good piece...lots of different backgrounds here.

#11 JleoLegacy

JleoLegacy

_=||| SGT UBER NEWB |||=_

• Members
  • 2,674 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

Steve, thats good news :) and for those who missed the great thread Steve started on song suggestions last year, here's a link
FingerStyle songs you would like to learn

_john

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users